Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To people who think Kaliyo is uesless

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
To people who think Kaliyo is uesless

Ahebish
12.24.2011 , 01:53 PM | #1
For those that think Kaliyo is useless as a tank.

33 Gold Elite @ level 30

Ahebish
12.24.2011 , 01:55 PM | #2
And Just to FYI Kaliyo is in all greens with like 1 blue, and with exception to weapon which is a hand-me-down orange blaster rifle modded up to level 30.

She did die, but, she lasted long enough I was able to finish off the elite myself. Which was easy.

Soojagoddess
12.24.2011 , 01:56 PM | #3
hells to the yes. i personally love her!! thank you for posting pro kaliyo!

Ahebish
12.24.2011 , 02:03 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Soojagoddess View Post
hells to the yes. i personally love her!! thank you for posting pro kaliyo!
Try doing that with Vector and watch what happens.

You will get *****. Because Vector wears light armor, and is a DPS'er not a tank.

Granted he has very good DPS for what he is... but Kaliyo for me is more geared. And incidently does more damage than Vector does for me.

And all of her armor has defense rating on it.

Imagine what all orange heavy armor would do for her modded with defense rating and/or shield absorb chance/rating.

That being said, I'm gearing myself first before I gear my companion with orange gear

Of course now I have 6 pieces of orange modded gear for myself. Working on more of course... As I level.

Kentalish
12.24.2011 , 02:05 PM | #5
She get the red blade helmet that is so rad!
Just so you know I am light side and I like duckies and rainbows!

Tenacity
12.24.2011 , 02:06 PM | #6
Tanking companions were much more useful when they had self armor buffs. Compare it to a tanking-specced player who doesnt use his or her tanking stance: Threat considerations aside, if I didnt use ion gas cylinder on my powertech (which provides +50% armor), I'd be just as squishy as a damage dealer class.

Lynx Powertech - - - - - - - - Bastet Scoundrel
Pakhet Sorceror - - - - - - - - - - - Maihos Vanguard
M'asad Juggernaut - - - - - - - - - - Risad Guardian
Akeema Sniper- - - - - - - - - - - - -Rashkah Shadow

Ahebish
12.24.2011 , 02:09 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
Tanking companions were much more useful when they had self armor buffs. Compare it to a tanking-specced player who doesnt use his or her tanking stance: Threat considerations aside, if I didnt use ion gas cylinder on my powertech (which provides +50% armor), I'd be just as squishy as a damage dealer class.

Do companions have oh crap buffs?

Because I haven't seen one yet for Kalio

She has 1 defensive tank buff which gives threat gen. But otherwise her other buff is for DPS.

I'm not aware of a CD like you have on a PT that is usable by a companion yet.

That said, a player tank will always perform better as should be expected. But people were complaining about Kaliyo being useless as a tank, and I was just showing 1 such example of why people are doing it wrong.

AgentMytho
12.24.2011 , 02:10 PM | #8
I'm not saying it couldn't be done. I'm just saying you didn't do it.

Based on the title of this thread I would have expected you to provide ample proof that you defeated the creature, including the log entry and loot drop. Not a screenshot of you and can Kaliyo standing over a corpse at full health.

If you really wanted to make a statement stealth into a much higher level area and claim you killed something there.

Tenacity
12.24.2011 , 02:29 PM | #9
Quote:
Do companions have oh crap buffs?

Because I haven't seen one yet for Kalio

She has 1 defensive tank buff which gives threat gen. But otherwise her other buff is for DPS.

I'm not aware of a CD like you have on a PT that is usable by a companion yet.
During earlier beta builds, the defensive tank buffs that you're talking about also gave the companion additional armor. Kaliyo's self-buff that gives threat generation also gave her 60% more armor - which made her (and other tanking companions) much more useful for soloing, especially for DPS and healer specced players.

Those armor increases were removed from tanking companions though - probably because a healer with a tank companion could solo extremely tough mobs.
Lynx Powertech - - - - - - - - Bastet Scoundrel
Pakhet Sorceror - - - - - - - - - - - Maihos Vanguard
M'asad Juggernaut - - - - - - - - - - Risad Guardian
Akeema Sniper- - - - - - - - - - - - -Rashkah Shadow

Ahebish
12.24.2011 , 02:36 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AgentMytho View Post
I'm not saying it couldn't be done. I'm just saying you didn't do it.

Based on the title of this thread I would have expected you to provide ample proof that you defeated the creature, including the log entry and loot drop. Not a screenshot of you and can Kaliyo standing over a corpse at full health.

If you really wanted to make a statement stealth into a much higher level area and claim you killed something there.
Ahh,

Well it just so happens I have a fraps video of it.

Would you care to see it?

I am rendering the video now, will take a few minutes for it to finish and upload.

But I'd be happy to show anyone who thinks it can't be done.

I would like to note, right before I killed this 33 gold elite... I agro'd more mobs... so I did die, but not before the elite did. If it wasn't for the adds I would not have died at all. As you will clearly be able to tell from the video.