Is it safe to log out while exploring Alderaan?

Keiffo

No.

This is a risk you just have to accept. The Fleet isn't a guaranteed safe haven, either. At any moment, it might be targeted by a Republic super-weapon.

If you truly wish to be safe, log out just as you jump into the Sarlaac Pit on Tatooine. It's gooey insides will both keep you from dehydrating and should protect you from both cyberzombies and most world-shattering superweapons.

The planet won't be blown up for several thousand years, so as long as you log back in sometime in the next couple of millennia, you should be fine.

If not, you might have to submit a ticket and ask Customer Service to restore your character.

Edited by Rankyn

I think you'd still have an issue with the planet blowing up unexpectedly even if you were logged in. Unless it's Makeb and everything you did was for naught for the "just kidding" moment of the game.
Minor spoilers aside, that "moment" reminded me of the time ... many years ago ... when my then-girlfriend lost her wallet. We spent hours ... first, looking for it, then cancelling credit cards, contacting her bank, etc., all the while concerned that some robber-thief-person was out there buying widgets and whatnots and ruining her semi-good credit rating. After missing the better part of the day from my office, we were about to leave for the DMV to get her a new driver's license when she found her wallet ... in her "other" purse. I never even realized she had an "other" purse.

TLDR: Making me chase my tail responding to some nonexistent emergency is, historically, grounds for ending our relationship. :cool:

Edited by Thoronmir

Minor spoilers aside, that "moment" reminded me of the time ... many years ago ... when my then-girlfriend lost her wallet. We spent hours ... first, looking for it, then cancelling credit cards, contacting her bank, etc., all the while concerned that some robber-thief-person was out there buying widgets and whatnots and ruining her semi-good credit rating. After missing the better part of the day from my office, we were about to leave for the DMV to get her a new driver's license when she found her wallet ... in her "other" purse. I never even realized she had an "other" purse.

TLDR: Making me chase my tail responding to some nonexistent emergency is, historically, grounds for ending our relationship. :cool:

Yeah I tried to give enough so people knew what I mean, but other who hadn't finished it wouldn't get it without putting a spoiler tag.

If you pay 1000 CC you can prevent your character from dying on Alderaan
Is that a new feature? I know the Slot Machine used to drops tons of "Do Not Die on Alderaan Tokens" (until EA/BW nerfed the drop rate)*. I assume the direct CC purchase is in response to that?

*Too soon?:o

Why even risk going to Alderaan ever? You never know when it's going to get blown up by a Death Star! (Well, we do, but time travel and, stuff, ya'know?) You could be going through your class quest and then BAM! No more Alderaan, no more you. That's not a risk I would take. Just stick to the safe planets like Quesh and Makeb.

Why even risk going to Alderaan ever? You never know when it's going to get blown up by a Death Star! (Well, we do, but time travel and, stuff, ya'know?) You could be going through your class quest and then BAM! No more Alderaan, no more you. That's not a risk I would take. Just stick to the safe planets like Quesh and Makeb.
You have conjured an image of the new Allstate Insurance Commercial that will run with the trailers before Episode VII:

<Open to Dean Winters in a rumpled suit with laser burns and smoke stains on his face>

Mayhem: "I'm a Death Star, and you're trying to complete class missions on Alderaan."

<Cut to shot of Thoronmir bringing planetary peace to Leila's homeworld>

Mayhem <voiceover>: "But you don't know that I'm orbiting the planet, waiting for some lackey to pull the lever that fires my BFG planet-killing ray."

<Cut to scene of Death Star obliterating Alderaan>

Mayhem <casually strolls off screen as he brushes bits of Alderaan from his lapel>: "Switch to Allstate, and be better protected from mayhem ... like me."

I don't want to lose a character if a death star event happens. Will characters be teleported to the fleet or something if the planet should be blown up?

> Implying the death star wouldn't be stuck on its loading screen until after you'd finished adventuring Alderaan.

Edited by Joesixxpack

You have conjured an image of the new Allstate Insurance Commercial that will run with the trailers before Episode VII:

<Open to Dean Winters in a rumpled suit with laser burns and smoke stains on his face>

Mayhem: "I'm a Death Star, and you're trying to complete class missions on Alderaan."

<Cut to shot of Thoronmir bringing planetary peace to Leila's homeworld>

Mayhem <voiceover>: "But you don't know that I'm orbiting the planet, waiting for some lackey to pull the lever that fires my BFG planet-killing ray."

<Cut to scene of Death Star obliterating Alderaan>

Mayhem <casually strolls off screen as he brushes bits of Alderaan from his lapel>: "Switch to Allstate, and be better protected from mayhem ... like me."

Or State Farmers.

"What you don't know, can hurt you."

<cut to happy scene of questing on Alderaan>

"What you think you are getting while questing, is this. But what if you didn't know when the planet was about to be blown up?"

<Planetary destruction>

"Switch to State Farm, and learn a little more about planetary risks."

Or State Farmers.

"What you don't know, can hurt you."

<cut to happy scene of questing on Alderaan>

"What you think you are getting while questing, is this. But what if you didn't know when the planet was about to be blown up?"

<Planetary destruction>

"Switch to State Farm, and learn a little more about planetary risks."

But where does Jake fit into this scenario? lol