Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

All classes poor mans 'wow hunters' ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
All classes poor mans 'wow hunters' ?

Bawheidbob
12.24.2011 , 01:37 PM | #1
Hi All

Just wondering what peoples feelings and thoughts are on the above.

I am just about level 20 on my Smuggler Gunslinger and find it to be becoming more and more like a poor mans hunter. I am finding if my pet (companion) is not with me or indeed at more or less full health then i am in for a dodgy time of it while fighting a group of mobs.

Is it just me, the level i current am or are all classes reliant on there companions for normal questing.

Thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated and sorry for the reference back to the game that should not be named.

MetallicaRulez
12.24.2011 , 01:40 PM | #2
The game is designed to require your companion. Why is it surprising that you struggle without one?

Bawheidbob
12.24.2011 , 01:44 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MetallicaRulez View Post
The game is designed to require your companion. Why is it surprising that you struggle without one?
Really is that so then it explains a lot, thanks for the insight.

Jeweledleah
12.24.2011 , 02:29 PM | #4
its more like, every bioware rpg made to date, then a poor man's hunter.

companions are not exactly pets. but their AI CAN be a bit... quirky so you do have to manage it. I've gotten used to it after KOTOR, dragon age and Mass effect, personally.

Madgecko
12.24.2011 , 02:41 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Bawheidbob View Post
Hi All

Just wondering what peoples feelings and thoughts are on the above.

I am just about level 20 on my Smuggler Gunslinger and find it to be becoming more and more like a poor mans hunter. I am finding if my pet (companion) is not with me or indeed at more or less full health then i am in for a dodgy time of it while fighting a group of mobs.

Is it just me, the level i current am or are all classes reliant on there companions for normal questing.

Thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated and sorry for the reference back to the game that should not be named.
What difference does it make what our opinion is on such a silly question. Sounds to me more like you are making a statement in the form of a question and are just sekking approval for feeling that way. NO! This isnt WoW nor are these classes Hunters of any kind.
The truth is usually relevant only to those who benefit the most from it. But that's not always true.

-Me

Atma
12.24.2011 , 03:23 PM | #6
You're doing it wrong.
Prophecy of the Five
Covu Terryk - 55 Sith Juggernaut

Mograth
12.24.2011 , 03:45 PM | #7
Never used one beyond level 15, except for solo instance runs.
I wish I could be a Jawa Bounty Hunter

Master_Fel
12.24.2011 , 06:24 PM | #8
Even if you don't like companions generally it makes sense to have them with you, for the extra damage (or healing, or whatever your companion can do) and affection (to make crafting easier. You can do things without a companion, but it's more difficult. And if you can do it without one, imagine how much faster you could do it with one. The game is balanced towards every player having a companion except in groups.
Alor'ad Verden Fel
Juaan ner'vode, ni atinii darasuum.
Beside my brothers, I endure eternity.
Website - The Champions of Mandalore - Forums

DarthVita
12.24.2011 , 11:52 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Bawheidbob View Post
I am finding if my pet (companion) is not with me or indeed at more or less full health then i am in for a dodgy time of it while fighting a group of mobs.
All classes have a hard time soloing without their companions. You're meant to use them when soloing, they're part of the experience and increase your overall story experience as well.

Bawheidbob
12.25.2011 , 01:36 AM | #10
Thanks for the input people, it was not my aim to cause offence i was just not aware of the facts that my companions were meant to be with me while i did general questing.

Have a good Christmas, i am off to annoy Curso some more by shooting women.