12 x XP for class-missions

Azibux

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure Eric Muso said that they think about implementing it during a dev stream...

From what I remember, they did think about it, and after thinking about it decided that it caused some problems they didn't like (gear, class proficiency? no player control?... ) and that if they brought it back, it would be in a (slightly?) different form.

The last info we had on it was that there were no plans to include it in the future. However, those plans only go so far and plans do have a tendency to change, so it might happen again. But for the time being, you're not going to find it and you shouldn't expect it to be included.

I just pvp and dont want to pve for a month to get a new char to lvl 60.

A month? Seriously, a month? I'm a disabled grandmother in real life and even I can level from 55 to 60 in under four hours. Beyond that, 12x was for class story only, meaning that with ONE class mission from 55-60, you'd benefit very little from it.

Please stop, because you're making PVPers look bad.

Edited by LadyVix

A month? Seriously, a month? I'm a disabled grandmother in real life and even I can level from 55 to 60 in under four hours. Beyond that, 12x was for class story only, meaning that with ONE class mission from 55-60, you'd benefit very little from it.

I don't think anyone is worried about 55-60 leveling. It's the 1-55 that is a pain after the first 5-6 times. Having 6-7 60s on each side, I know the motivation to finish a 60 on each AC is very hard to come by at this point.

The stories in this game are pretty good, for the most. I would like be able to experience and truly enjoy them again, without have to do a bunch of filler crap for 15th time in between each installment of the story.

If you love grinding the same side missions endlessly, good for you. I, and a lot of others, do not. It would be great if those that want to skip the repetitive junk missions could.

Edited by WBScrog

Where did he mention from 55? Pretty sure he meant fresh from level 1... It wouldn't take anyone a month to go from 55 to 60.

• Dev Post
Didn´t some Dev mention to add the 12x XP boost for class missions from the SOR-pre order bonus to a legacy unlock.

When can we expect that to happen? I just pvp and dont want to pve for a month to get a new char to lvl 60.

Putting 12x as a Legacy perk is definitely one of the options we discussed, among many. I believe that is what we had talked about in the past, (on a stream or at a cantina) that it was one of the possible options. As far as I know, it is not currently planned to implement that as a Legacy perk at this time.

-eric

Putting 12x as a Legacy perk is definitely one of the options we discussed, among many. I believe that is what we had talked about in the past, (on a stream or at a cantina) that it was one of the possible options. As far as I know, it is not currently planned to implement that as a Legacy perk at this time.

-eric

Eeeeriiic, whyyyyy?! Make it happen.

-eric

That's for the best. 12x experience would annihilate the pre-50 flash point queues. Same thing goes for heroics. Having it there permanently would destroy the levelling experience for everyone who doesn't have it.

It would be a nice legacy lvl 50 perk. Would make it more worthwhile to obtain legacy 50

Since "obtaining legacy level 50" is something that pretty much just happens as you play, what difference would it really make? Somewhere in the course of leveling the toons I wanted to have for guild stuff at end game, I hit Legacy 50, I wasn't really trying for it, I didn't buy Legacy XP perks(haha), I just played the game, and presto, legacy level 50.

I don't care if they never add it, or if they added it tomorrow, I really don't need it. It's not going to increase the number of people that can't play their classes at end game any more than standard leveling does right now. Even w/out it you have people that "jump" nodes/mission objectives from level 1 - 60. I still see it every bit as much on Korriban/Hutta/Tython/Ord Mantell as I see it Yavin 4. Clueless people are clueless, it doesn't matter how they got to where ever they are at, they're still clueless.

No worries, ingame PvP chat and anyone looking at the PvP changes for classes realizes PvPers look bad enough already, his comment wont make a difference really.

I'm not saying anything about having or not having 12x as a perk, just pointing out the SoR story line is classified as class story in terms of xp gain. A class boost will increase the xp rewards and so will the legacy perk for class missions.

What I think would be a better option is to make the Inheritance gear scale to level and each piece to have 1 or 2% increase in XP, up to 10%. At least this way the inheritance gear would be useful for leveling. Just my two cents worth.

Hmmm..not as a legacy perk. But perhaps we will see it in another form? Eric doesn't say anything about it not being considered as a cartel market item.

I would gladly fork over CC to get 12x XP.

I was happy to do SoR at normal speed once on each faction. After that I'm done with that **** and simply want to get my other different classes to endgame ASAP.

-eric

Dear Eric, here is a message you can relay to whoever decided not to include it in plans.

BOOOOOOOO! BOOOO! BOOOOOOO! BOOOO!!!!!

I think it was only ever talked about because of how popular it became, however, there was a specific reason at that time that the devs etc wanted you to level at a accelerated rate and that was so that as many people as possible was ready for SOR (I will admit I finished 3 stories during that time) which is probably why 2x xp weekend came last week rather than 12x class missions as there is no longer any reason they want you to level at a stupid rate.

maybe with level 50 legacy requirement

It's good they dropped that idea. 50 legacy level is too easily acquirable. Too many players would finish all the characters in no time.

I bet new players would have problems with finding a team for heroics or regular flashpoints, which is already happening, and the players that used x12 would complain that they have nothing else to do in this game.

Edited by PavSalco