Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question to Jedi tanks (Versus Trooper tank)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Question to Jedi tanks (Versus Trooper tank)

DoubleSwords
12.24.2011 , 01:10 PM | #1
So far, I have a low level trooper I'm running as a tank. Do to my experience in questing the the first Flashpoint, I have to wonder at how Jedi tanks perform their job.

From experience, my trooper's ranged attacks can throw a lot of AE damage in a short period. Outside of a flashpoint, I can kill a group of mobs very fast. Inside the first flashpoint, my mortar can still make short work out of a fight when its up. The melees were commenting on how the fight was over before they even closed the distance. My DPS Jedi had similar troubles doing well in certain fights due to the delay it took to leap or run to the targets.

I'm sure mobs and flashpoints will get tougher and stretch longer, but can the Jedis tell me how they can grab and pick up agro fast? I imagine they have to leap and run all over the place to grab agro, unless they have abilities at later levels to do a "group agro". It seems my ranged attacks can get the attention of a bunch of scattered mobs, so I'm trying to see how the Jedi tanks compensate for this. I'd like their view so I can learn their tricks.

Not trying to exalt my trooper here, just trying to learn the tools the other tank class has. Thanks.

DoubleSwords
12.24.2011 , 01:29 PM | #2
Bump. Any Jedi tanks out there?

Idunhavaname
12.24.2011 , 01:36 PM | #3
Force Leap-> Force Sweep-> attack the mobs that didn't get hit by force sweep-> keep attacking everything. At least that's the simple explanation.

Jedi Guardians do get a group taunt later on at level 30s but below that, we realy on force sweep to get immediate group agro with a 15 seconds taunt incase you lose agro.

RIP orange pixel