Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't chat.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Beaver
12.24.2011 , 01:07 PM | #1
I looked through the known issues thread and didn't see or notice this problem.

I can't chat in party, ops, raid and guild chat. If I type in those channels I don't see it and neither does anyone else. And if they type I won't see it. Several in game have said they are experiencing the same problems but I don't see it on the list of issues.

I reported it in game but I don't think a human even looked at it because I got no reply with any instructions on how to fix it. It seemed just a generic message that was never looked at by human eyes.

It's quite annoying to not see any chat other than general and whispers. It makes grouping difficult because I will never see what someone types nor will they ever see what I type. I see no repair tool in the star wars folder or anything and I never turned off any chats. Even if I did they would still be able to see me and they can't so that isn't the problem.

It's been several days now, and I would appreciate some help.
My lightsaber is bigger than yours!

Treborzaid
12.24.2011 , 01:14 PM | #2
Im having the same problem. For the past 3 days now i have not been able to chat in guild or party.
I submitted a ticket and i got a response rather quickly (20 mins or so) and all it said was issue resolved via e-mail, so i go check my email and there is a letter explaining that the issues has been passed along to the appropriate team.

How the hell does that resolve the issue. and your right, i see alot of people complaining in game and on the forums about this but its not listed in the Known Issues sticky.

grouping sucks cus there is no coordination, at least i cant see if there is cus i cant see party chat.

Mandiaru
12.24.2011 , 01:19 PM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greeting,

We are aware of this issue with players being unable to view chat. We can assure you that we are actively working on solving this issue for all players.

We thank you for your patience while we work towards a resolution.

We look forward to seeing you in-game.
Mandiaru | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Liquidacid
12.24.2011 , 01:26 PM | #4
I had this issue once... I just went into preferences , went to the chat tab, de-selected all the options (global, group, etc.) hit aply, re-selected them all and hit apply again and it fixed it for me... haven't had the issue again

see if that helps
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

Apomf
12.25.2011 , 05:53 PM | #5
^ It doesnt for most people. Leaving and renjoining group also doesnt. It expanded for me from party chat to general chat....

Carahir
12.25.2011 , 05:58 PM | #6
I've had this bug for over a week now. I have to quit and re-join my guild several times a day to be able to see the chat. Party chat is almost always screwed up aswell. This is such BS

Caetie
12.25.2011 , 06:10 PM | #7
I've got this issue too, it will start out working (sometimes) then randomly stop working. Or, I will log in with this issue not working and nothing I do will fix it. It sucks

JaxAirloss
12.25.2011 , 06:20 PM | #8
Myself and my Guild are experiencing the same thing right now. we can only talk in Whispers.
Imminent Destruction: Sith PvE, Space Slug
Now Recruiting all Mature Players. PM me for details

jayzjediknight
12.25.2011 , 06:50 PM | #9
Same problem, its curious why only a select few seems to be experiencing this one.

D6-R8
12.26.2011 , 08:59 AM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

Hi all,

Please check the following thread.

Thank you for your patience.

D6-R8 | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support