Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM Ravagers & Temple progression thread

justinplainview
02.17.2015 , 01:28 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetrus View Post
Anybody else feel like Master and Blaster are harder than Cortanni? Seems like once you have the Ricochet mechanic down the fight is a joke. I'm always nervous on our Blaster pulls though.

Did our first pulls on Revan tonight. They were hilariously brief.
I think Blaster's difficulty is heavily dependent on how coordinated your group is with positioning. I think Blaster is CLOSEST to the final bosses of TOS and Rav from a difficulty standpoint, but I still think Coratanni is harder (DPS check on Ruugar room is tighter than Blaster)

sbeeb
02.17.2015 , 02:44 AM | #22
Everyone in <Vicious> loves the new content. We just started getting serious into raiding come 3.0 as we were mainly a PvP focused guild. The thrill of killing Coratanni was awesome and I can only imagine our Revan kill (which may take awhile, lol). As Aetrus said, we started tonight for the first time, and they were very brief pulls, but we will be working hard at it these next couple weeks. I actually brought this topic up to my guildmates about the new content: I think everyone was in agreement that this is how HM content should be. From what I've heard, the 2.4 HM content was basically a joke and cleared by many guilds quickly. IMHO HM content shouldn't even be a breeze for the casual raiding guilds, that's what SM is for. The difficulty of this content really excites me for when NiM content comes out, as it will be a fun and rewarding grind.

EDIT: I don't know if this information will help at all but we have 9/10 on farm atm. Again, all our effort is onto Revan so hopefully we can update you in the near future that we've cleared it .

inc_CichYBoB
02.17.2015 , 03:09 AM | #23
Disciples of Babylon 9/10 Red Eclipse EU

SpikeSaber
02.17.2015 , 03:14 AM | #24
Synthesis - EU The Red Eclise

http://i.imgur.com/dQQowDA.jpg - 28.01.15

http://i.imgur.com/u0ePwxj.jpg - 16.01.15

Dunno what is goin on now in our guild but it seems raiding days are over.

ybdron
02.17.2015 , 07:08 AM | #25
After killing Cora on 8 man, and trying to progress it on 16, I think its safe to state that the scaling on the different abilities of Ruugar between 8 and 16 is questionable. If you on 8 man deal with the mechanics correctly and have the dps for it, you will kill it, and it should be like that in 16 man aswell. But when Bioware scales singletarget abilities to become a 1shot (unless all members are 100% topped off and above 52k max health), the frustration gets real. An example would be the singletarget leap that he does occasionally. I might be wrong, but we used the same tactics in 8 man as 16 man, and was successful. If someone asks Bioware about this I am sure they will answer that its working like intended, like everything else. Does anyone in Zorz have any opinions about this matter?

TL; DR: Is the Coratanni fight scaled right between 8 man and 16 man?
Isaac, <Not Good Enough>

justinplainview
02.17.2015 , 07:19 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ybdron View Post
After killing Cora on 8 man, and trying to progress it on 16, I think its safe to state that the scaling on the different abilities of Ruugar between 8 and 16 is questionable. If you on 8 man deal with the mechanics correctly and have the dps for it, you will kill it, and it should be like that in 16 man aswell. But when Bioware scales singletarget abilities to become a 1shot (unless all members are 100% topped off and above 52k max health), the frustration gets real. An example would be the singletarget leap that he does occasionally. I might be wrong, but we used the same tactics in 8 man as 16 man, and was successful. If someone asks Bioware about this I am sure they will answer that its working like intended, like everything else. Does anyone in Zorz have any opinions about this matter?

TL; DR: Is the Coratanni fight scaled right between 8 man and 16 man?
Zorz almost 2 shot Coratanni 16 man HM, and killed it within around an hour or so of pulling it. IIRC, the only part of the fight where tuning was brought into question was damage done by the AOE Knockback that Ruugar does at times. Other than that, Coratanni was not really talked about as a boss that's harder. Now, as for whether or not it's scaled correctly? IDK. There are a few things on Coratanni that feel off in both 8 and 16 (how timing of Ruugar's rotation can be delayed or accelerated by things that don't seem to be % based for instance)

Overall, the only boss that people in Zorz definitely thinks is harder in 16(some may have other views but as a general rule) is Blaster Master, which while being easier on DPS from a straight #s standpoint, the coordination check of that many people in the same space requires more than 8 man. Even when we consider Revan 16 man HM, Shiv stacks deal LESS damage on 16 man than 8 man somehow. Heaves hit for the same and only hit 8 people in the raid. With double the healers and somewhere along the line of 35% less damage on shiv, and the same damage on heave but only to 50% of the raid instead of 100% of the raid with twice as many healers, it ends up being, in all honesty, a more loosely tuned fight.

Mazanator
02.17.2015 , 07:43 AM | #27
I would agree with Dulfy. We are in a rough patch at the moment with raiding (bad timing more than anything) hence our aids progression. If you want tio have decent progress in these fights I think at least 4-6 nights a week. That being said I learned Revan in 10 Pulls Kappa

ybdron
02.17.2015 , 07:55 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by justinplainview View Post
Zorz almost 2 shot Coratanni 16 man HM, and killed it within around an hour or so of pulling it. IIRC, the only part of the fight where tuning was brought into question was damage done by the AOE Knockback that Ruugar does at times.
Okay, guess we just need to lvlup then
Isaac, <Not Good Enough>

justinplainview
02.17.2015 , 08:01 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ybdron View Post
Okay, guess we just need to lvlup then
Nah, I'm not trying to say anything like that! From what I noticed, going back to watch those Coratanni 16 pulls, it's all about triage spike healing. It's not like the Coratanni kill was a joke, if you watch, literally 2 people were alive at the end of the fight. I'm just saying I'm not sure I would say it's wildly overtuned. I'm sure you guys will get it! If your guild full clears 8, as long as you can field a full 16 roster of relatively equal skill level, you'll get the full clear.

davidp_newton
02.17.2015 , 08:21 AM | #30
So far as I am aware only one guild on The Progenitor has reached 8/10. That's the Imp guild Aeshma:

http://theprogenitor.enjin.com/home/...ssion-overview

As for the difficulty of the content, I think that Bioware have gone about it the wrong way. They release nightmare modes of operations months after the originals. Contrast that with Blizzard where mythic difficulty (the equivalent) opens a week after the raid opens on normal and heroic. Overall I think that this tier is a bit too difficult on each difficulty level. Far better to give the nightmare raiders something to really get their teeth into very soon after story mode and hard mode are available. That would mean HM could be tuned less difficult. Unfortunately I suspect that this approach will not occur for resource reasons at Bioware. That is especially true as it would mean that at least two sets of raids would be required each year to keep people happy.

The fact that so few have killed Revan HM and Coratanni HM suggests those bosses are about the correct difficulty for nightmare mode bosses in the latter half of a nightmare mode, but too easy for a nightmare mode last boss. From what I can gather several people in Zorz reckon that the last phase of Revan gets towards or is at the limit of what people can cope with, but that still leaves the prior phases to tighten for a proper nightmare mode experience.

In summary I would say:
  1. Release nightmare mode within two or three weeks of operations going live
  2. Make sure there is a more even difficulty progression in bosses on all difficulty levels
  3. Make HM a little easier this tier
  4. Once the nightmare mode is released (see above) make most of its bosses about the difficulty of Revan and Coratanni HM and make Revan and Coratanni NiM consistent healing, mechanics and DPS checks through all phases

This tier has provided hardcore raiders with a challenge, but by the same token has fouled up the rewards for more normal players by dodgy loot table decisions (no Mk-2 Massassi gear) and uneven boss difficulty progression.