Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM Ravagers & Temple progression thread

DieGhostDie
02.16.2015 , 11:08 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Mazanator View Post
Also we need to come up with a better name than NGE and friends
<Star Parse Boys>
<Thrax Got Carried>
WrldFrst Forum T-r0l powered by FrankerZ

TheRealNerevar
02.16.2015 , 11:26 PM | #12
You can add Phantoms and Rash, both from Darth Nihilus, for the 9/10 progression.

Edit : thank you Justin, i had not seen your post <3
Nrvr - Almalexia - Cyanre - Bddha - Msco
SWTOR's Handyman, playing any role, any class
<Phantoms>

TACeMossie
02.16.2015 , 11:39 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by naNuke View Post
Also 8/10 is not THAT hard for most guilds to accomplish and 99% of those wont bother posting anything because why would they.
This. I mean sure, my guild is currently 6/10, but 4 of those are from ToS (we haven't looked at Torque since the Bulo nerf) and we haven't bothered with the progression threads cause a lot of the people in the Harbingers one used the exploit (and we like using gear we actually earned). Hell one of our healers has over 100 mill in credits he doesn't know what to do with, yet he isn't approaching Zorz for gear cause he feels like he should be earning his gear instead of buying it.
Kwerty/Mossie

Once a guy who wrote guides, now just a guy getting back in
Vanguards/Powertechs 4 lyf

JDotter
02.16.2015 , 11:55 PM | #14
Updated

Always good for players who actually care about this to have more info, but I am certain that devs don't care about what guilds post on the forums, as they have their own logs and can just see who killed what and when, run whatever stats they want.

Also 8/10 is not THAT hard for most guilds to accomplish and 99% of those wont bother posting anything because why would they.

This is me supplying information to hopefully get a response. I feel transparency in this situation would be nice. We're in the dark and I was curious as to how many guilds were at least 8/10.

Quote: Originally Posted by raidmac View Post
I believe if you looked at "B" groups this list would be a lot larger, at least for the 8/10 category. Both Textbook and YES had 1 group one year ago, and now YES has 3 groups that are 8/10 and Textbook has 2.
Yeah after thinking about I'm going to go ahead and include secondary groups. The main reason I was originally against it is most secondary groups has about 2-3 alts from the core group in it and at least for Zorz we use it to farm gear more efficiently.

justinplainview
02.17.2015 , 12:04 AM | #15
Always good for players who actually care about this to have more info, but I am certain that devs don't care about what guilds post on the forums, as they have their own logs and can just see who killed what and when, run whatever stats they want.

The reason I specifically would like the devs to have this is because of the fact that: Cora was exploited so they should know how many guilds can LEGITIMATELY kill it, and going through achievements is lazy and incomplete since it lacks context. I want the devs to have context behind their stats. Because group progression on these fights are more important than how many total people. I want them to know how many groups are going week to week for their clearance rate. I want them to have as much context as possible because I am very happy about these raids and I know they put their necks out there to make the content difficult. I just want this to succeed tbh. They made content that has a REAL life span. They made content that you can be excited about. IDK. More info the better.

cirruz
02.17.2015 , 12:16 AM | #16
Dxun Rising(red eclipse EU) have 9/10 with coratanni killed.
(edit: what justin said looks better )

justinplainview
02.17.2015 , 12:17 AM | #17
More guilds to add to the thread:

Dxun Rising (EU) 9/10
Titans (EU) 8/10
Manticore (EU) 8/10
The Black Forge (EU) 8/10

JDotter
02.17.2015 , 12:26 AM | #18
updated

Aetrus
02.17.2015 , 01:12 AM | #19
Anybody else feel like Master and Blaster are harder than Cortanni? Seems like once you have the Ricochet mechanic down the fight is a joke. I'm always nervous on our Blaster pulls though.

Did our first pulls on Revan tonight. They were hilariously brief.
Max Out Your Affection with Aetrus
A'etrus
<Eradication>

S'ynergy
<It's a Little Chewy>

Iwipe
02.17.2015 , 01:22 AM | #20
The issue I see with hard content like these is that you got a group of people that enjoy the extra challenge and another group of people that don't enjoy it or simply don't have the time for it. To kill Revan or Cortanni you need to be prepared to spend y amount of wipes and invest y amount of time as a whole raid group. Some people are simply not prepared for that. They log on to kill some bosses on farm and enjoy a good time with friends.

The previous hardmodes were simply too easy and thus boring. The current 4 bosses of each operation are a good difficulty level in my opinion. They are not something you simply one shot and may require several nights of progression.

If the increased hardmode level are meant to keep people busy until Nightmare, I don't think they are having the full effect. Some guilds will be making attempts to clear it until nightmare while other guilds will sit at 4/5 until the nerfs.

It would be good to know Bioware's reasoning for the increased difficulty. Are they providing challenge seekers with something to aim for or simply to tide the time until the next tier of content?