Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardmode Underlurker Sniper Bug

Camelpockets
02.16.2015 , 06:51 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerilas View Post
I don't think it's not intended. Or easier said: I think it's intended. It's a less annoying bug than the PVP roll bug where you rubberband during your roll. Yes I play sniper on this boss too and I've experienced it.

Anyway, don't roll when an add is still up. You want to be able to kill the adds before having to go hide anyway or you're probably going to have trouble beating the enrage timer.

A tip that might help: Keep your entrench and use it around when the adds are all <50% hp. Then, if you want to roll you simply have to stand up and the adds won't slow you and you can roll freely. (So, take the ...forgot name, Entrench-end-speed-and-movement-immunity-boost utility for this boss. Personally I take it always)
If you try it a few times and find the sweet timing spot you will have your entrench up when you need it with/after the adds, and it will still be up when you normally get knocked back behind the rock.
This. I never run this fight without this utility. I normally don't need to use it, however, it's good just in case the defecation hits the ventilation.
"We have winnowed all futures. The cull endures. It is optimal. It is necessary." - Shiva
Camels the Revanchist
The Pockets Legacy - Begeren Colony & Shadowlands

mbfhl
02.16.2015 , 06:53 PM | #12
Just roll in the few seconds between the adds dying and the end of the Collapse cast.
<Fearless> <Epidemic>
Aimee Scoundrel | Isabel Sentinel
Jayde Operative | Ariana Marauder

-Gorlock-
02.16.2015 , 07:50 PM | #13
We dont have any trouble meeting the enrage timer, but we dont kill adds so fast because we all burn one at a time and we always make it but the debuff is still on when he starts casting rage storm. I can use my stun breaker for every other rage storm.
Shadow CouncilPax Republica
~Lbt
~Lbts'Waifu
10/10 HM Rav/Tos

Torvai
02.17.2015 , 03:20 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by -Gorlock- View Post
We dont have any trouble meeting the enrage timer, but we dont kill adds so fast because we all burn one at a time and we always make it but the debuff is still on when he starts casting rage storm. I can use my stun breaker for every other rage storm.
I'd try to split dps up. Imo having 4 or 5 dps on one add and then switching to the next and the next is simply wasted time and dps.
We always do it with two dps on each of the outer adds and one dps on the boss, aoe'ing the middle add a bit. when left and right are done, one dps from either add switch to boss, the other to the middle add.

And for the rolling thing, view Aerilas' post

Aerilas
02.17.2015 , 03:52 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvai View Post
I'd try to split dps up. Imo having 4 or 5 dps on one add and then switching to the next and the next is simply wasted time and dps.
We always do it with two dps on each of the outer adds and one dps on the boss, aoe'ing the middle add a bit. when left and right are done, one dps from either add switch to boss, the other to the middle add.

And for the rolling thing, view Aerilas' post
Yes splitting DPS is best. We put 1 dps on each add, and I'm the one switching between all 3 giving them all some help so they kill them at the same time. I have no trouble with this, no time wasted as i switch target during ambush/penetr blasts.
Vis Fatalis
Caineghis (Sniper)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

TACeMossie
02.17.2015 , 04:20 AM | #16
Do note that snipers can temporarily negate rage storm damage with Evasion (and so can operatives for that matter). Take advantage of this if you get caught out of position.
Kwerty/Mossie

Once a guy who wrote guides, now just a guy getting back in
Vanguards/Powertechs 4 lyf

FlyinSpaghetti
02.17.2015 , 04:40 AM | #17
Snipers actually have a few movement impairing focused utilities, seek cover gives you movement impairing immunity and a speed buff when you exit cover while entrench is active or ends, and counterstrike makes your countermeasures cleanse movement impairing effects.

Maybe it's best to save entrench for the last add rather than try to roll so you have that 6 seconds of immunity but you may need to take pillbox sniper as well as seek cover just to lower the cooldown of it to fit it in the 50 second add wave window.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Aerilas
02.17.2015 , 10:10 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
Do note that snipers can temporarily negate rage storm damage with Evasion (and so can operatives for that matter). Take advantage of this if you get caught out of position.
Evasion only gives the 75%tech/force resistance if you're sat in cover, so while running behind a rock it won't help you
Sniper anyway, wouldnt know how it is with operatives
Vis Fatalis
Caineghis (Sniper)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Memo-
02.17.2015 , 11:50 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerilas View Post
Evasion only gives the 75%tech/force resistance if you're sat in cover, so while running behind a rock it won't help you
On the other hand, you can use Evasion on every other Devastation (Operative for every Devastation if specced for Evasive Imperative) to negate cross damage completely (it's melee), so you can easily hold front or back positions.
Maliris | Dela-jaakko | Sakk | Sppa | Fars | Hedelm | Sopraano | Hlal
Rai'chu | Eettinen Luomu | Vl | Vres | Bas'so | Seven of-Nine | Jauh | Banthan
Haram | Wemar | Ethawn | Kuiva | Altto | Keno | Delarh | Lucca | Stilva | Tenor | Baritoni
The Red EclipseThe Lihavuori Legacy

-Gorlock-
02.17.2015 , 12:21 PM | #20
I have killed the boss before but I was just stating I found it very annoying how my rolls rubber band hard, similar to pvp. I will try out some of these thing and see how they go in the fight next time I am in it.
Shadow CouncilPax Republica
~Lbt
~Lbts'Waifu
10/10 HM Rav/Tos