Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardmode Underlurker Sniper Bug

-Gorlock-
02.16.2015 , 01:49 PM | #1
Hello all,

As you may or may not know the mechanics in Hardmode Underlurker, the adds move you to a much slower pace than RP walk. I play a sniper for this fight and it is extremely frustrating to play for one very simple reason... Rolling. (I am unsure about operative rolling in this fight).

As the rocks fall you MUST get to a rock otherwise you WILL die as there is no way to survive the ragestorm which is very easy for all classes with a speedboost (Merc, sorcs, etc.) but the sniper rolling is very bugged in this fight. 90% of the time I roll I go about half a foot and it bugs out and I am killed by the ragestorm (Assuming there is still an ad up during the collapse phase). It seems that the roll is interupted when the adds smash, or just having the debuff (Impedance). This makes the fight extremely frustrating as a sniper (And possibly an operative) and I hope to see this 'bug' fixed soon.

Thanks
Shadow CouncilPax Republica
~Løbøt
~Løbøts'Waifu
10/10 HM Rav/Tos

FrozenGoalie
02.16.2015 , 02:02 PM | #2
This used to kill our sniper a lot too. Wonder if it's intended, seems unlikely.
The Starrunner Legacy
<A Slight Weapons Malfunction> <Shadow Council>
<No Such Thing As Luck>
The Ebon Hawk

-Gorlock-
02.16.2015 , 02:16 PM | #3
I dont think it is intended, a very FEW times the roll works, or works a little better and I will roll about 10meter, not 18.

It would be like interrupting force speed or hydraulic overide, really annoying.
~Løbøt
~Løbøts'Waifu
10/10 HM Rav/Tos

g_mK
02.16.2015 , 02:28 PM | #4
Movement is hard during that phase (I do sentinel on that fight) however you should be killing adds before rage storm.
The ingenious gentleman Dón-Quijote de la Mancha

MitchPB
02.16.2015 , 04:55 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by g_mK View Post
Movement is hard during that phase (I do sentinel on that fight) however you should be killing adds before rage storm.
Speced into the trans buff should give you movement impairing resistance
<BOG><Failure><It's Lit>

-Gorlock-
02.16.2015 , 05:12 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by g_mK View Post
Yes I know, we kill the adds before ragestorm, but sometimes the rock is a little far and I have to get there before rage storm begins while killing he add. I should have to kill all the adds for the game to work, its not designed that way. You Should kill the adds before, but if one is still up you can kill it at your rock, or after the knockback.
~Løbøt
~Løbøts'Waifu
10/10 HM Rav/Tos

g_mK
02.16.2015 , 05:22 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MitchPB View Post
Speced into the trans buff should give you movement impairing resistance
actually I don't since 4 of my team members are troopers and 2 consulars so they do not need my buff. I instead take the cleanse from Force cammu. Helps me to move between adds and not have to sacrifice centering.
The ingenious gentleman Dón-Quijote de la Mancha

NogueiraA
02.16.2015 , 05:26 PM | #8
It's not intended, not working as intended but it's working as intended and they have ZERO idea how to fix it.
La'izen | Sentinel
Jedi Laizen | Guardian
Satele Shan
BETA tester

Gyronamics
02.16.2015 , 05:45 PM | #9
I don't use HTL as a trooper to get to a rock. I use it AFTER the rock to prevent the knockback.

Best way to get moving is to kill the adds faster, then no one is wasting their cooldowns just getting to a rock.

Getting to a rock quickly is organised by all grouping up close to middle and all going to the closest one or one which one of the raid calls you to go to.
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners

Aerilas
02.16.2015 , 06:15 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by -Gorlock- View Post
Hello all,

As you may or may not know the mechanics in Hardmode Underlurker, the adds move you to a much slower pace than RP walk. I play a sniper for this fight and it is extremely frustrating to play for one very simple reason... Rolling. (I am unsure about operative rolling in this fight).

As the rocks fall you MUST get to a rock otherwise you WILL die as there is no way to survive the ragestorm which is very easy for all classes with a speedboost (Merc, sorcs, etc.) but the sniper rolling is very bugged in this fight. 90% of the time I roll I go about half a foot and it bugs out and I am killed by the ragestorm (Assuming there is still an ad up during the collapse phase). It seems that the roll is interupted when the adds smash, or just having the debuff (Impedance). This makes the fight extremely frustrating as a sniper (And possibly an operative) and I hope to see this 'bug' fixed soon.

Thanks
I don't think it's not intended. Or easier said: I think it's intended. It's a less annoying bug than the PVP roll bug where you rubberband during your roll. Yes I play sniper on this boss too and I've experienced it.

Anyway, don't roll when an add is still up. You want to be able to kill the adds before having to go hide anyway or you're probably going to have trouble beating the enrage timer.

A tip that might help: Keep your entrench and use it around when the adds are all <50% hp. Then, if you want to roll you simply have to stand up and the adds won't slow you and you can roll freely. (So, take the ...forgot name, Entrench-end-speed-and-movement-immunity-boost utility for this boss. Personally I take it always)
If you try it a few times and find the sweet timing spot you will have your entrench up when you need it with/after the adds, and it will still be up when you normally get knocked back behind the rock.
Vis Fatalis
Caineghis (Sniper)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd