Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cybertech: 'Custom' Hoverbike? Just recolored Czerka bikes...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Cybertech: 'Custom' Hoverbike? Just recolored Czerka bikes...

Danakar
12.24.2011 , 11:43 AM | #1
At first I thought it great to have access to recipes which would allow me to craft my own custom speeders. Then I found out they fall short regarding the 'Custom' part.

Not only are they just recolored dull beige/brown Czerka models, but they are also BoP and you have to get lucky in finding/buying the recipes. So you can make a bike that will probably cost you more to craft than simply buying one in a shop, comes in a boring brown color and you can't trade them/sell them or give them to your alt.

Captain Lysandus Endeel: "Forex, I want you to craft me a Custom-Built Hoverbike"
M1-4X: "It will be an honor!"
*M1-4X rushes off to Czerka Corporation, buys a standard Hoverbike and a few cans of paint*
M1-4X: "I have achieved incredible results!!"
Lysandus Endeel: "..."

'Custom-Built' Hoverbike

Now I know it's wishful thinking, and people will no doubt tell me that I can't be the 'special snowflake'; but would it be too much to ask for actual custom models? I don't even care about not being able to sell them; I just wanted them to look better than just a boring brown Czerka bike...

I didn't craft the other 2 bikes yet, but from what I've read on the internet they are also just a simple recolored Czerka Speederbike.
Danakar <Legacy name taken> - retired Jedi Knight
The Fifth Order (fell to pieces after the merge)
|||||||||||||()█╣ Subscription cancelled, thanks BW/EA

Dhagaz
12.24.2011 , 11:52 AM | #2
Combine that with the fact that we can't sell the bikes on the GTN really leave me wondering. I don't see why "mounts" should be BOP when crafted. I also have to agree that it would be nice to see more "customization" on our custom made bikes. Heck at least give the custom bikes a seat!
Pre-Ordered the LCE from Best Buy

Danakar
12.24.2011 , 01:20 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Dhagaz View Post
Combine that with the fact that we can't sell the bikes on the GTN really leave me wondering. I don't see why "mounts" should be BOP when crafted. I also have to agree that it would be nice to see more "customization" on our custom made bikes. Heck at least give the custom bikes a seat!
Yeah, it is rather odd why they decided the bikes to be BoP in the first place. The cost of the required (Underworld Trading) mats easily matches/exceeds the cost to purchase a bike from a vendor.

As to customization; even a 'class theme' would have been great. Like if you were to make a bike as a Trooper you get a red/orange one with Havoc logo's. A Jedi Knight with Cybertech that would built their custom bike would get a silver one; so actually custom-built to complement your class. Anything would be better than a generic boring brown recolor of a Czerka bike in my humble opinion
Danakar <Legacy name taken> - retired Jedi Knight
The Fifth Order (fell to pieces after the merge)
|||||||||||||()█╣ Subscription cancelled, thanks BW/EA

Loodite
12.28.2011 , 12:43 AM | #4
Agree. Very sad that it is just a recolored Czerka. Maybe it can be changed in a later patch.

JAFOBRIA
12.28.2011 , 01:09 AM | #5
Wow lame. BOP with anything crafted is Game breaking to me and any want to be a crafter!
Former SWG RANGER

Kanana
12.28.2011 , 01:39 AM | #6
Why would a bike be BoP? It's not as if the things are meant to be rare. For the Empire side there's a bike shop on Alderan, where you can buy over half a dozen different bikes for 8K a piece.