Red Eclipse 1v1 Tournament 2015: URC #1

snave

With Noodle moving on to other things, myself and Nexy are hoping to keep the 1v1 Tournament going on The Red Eclipse.

2015 is upon us along with a brand new expansion so now seems like the ideal time to make a few changes to the format that will hopefully allow use to keep them going on a monthly / bi monthly basis for the rest of the year. I'm going to explain the changes and reason behind them below so feel free to scroll down past the picture if you don't care and just want the details!

Changes:

*The most common complaint we received for the last tournament was the significant advantage given to stealth classes in a 1v1 fight, many players didn't want to take part in what they though would be the inevitable Assassin fest so they didn't bother signing up. Because of this we'll be separating the stealth classes from the non stealth classes up until the finals (possibly semi finals depending on sign up numbers). For example: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OHsNw6AMHcPSWb1sQzWjNLFsYZ-MHjgJ7wNOUaL3mOI/edit#gid=0

*Due to Voss causing players to frequently lag while duelling we will now be moving the tournament to ilum. Hopefully this will alleviate some of the performance issues but in all honesty the game engine is always going to struggle a bit with the amount of people who turn up. From what I understand though ilum was significantly better than Voss during previous similar events.

*DPS and Tanks are now allowed

*Players will now be assigned a point per victory. The tournament will continue to be run as a knock out format (one round. best of 3, best of 5, depending on number of sign ups), the points will be used to create a leader board of sorts for us to keep track of through out the year. Hopefully it'll be fun to look over the leader board at the end of the year and see what players / classes / specs performed the best over the period.

*New name! The tournament will now be "branded" as the URC - Ultimate Regstar Championship. Each event will have it's own number and name to make tracking easier, hopefully the leader board system will allow us to host additional events in the future where the best from each spec / class go head to head against each other in a deadly battle only rivalled by Kumite tournament from Bloodsport.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_leero45b4n1qdezf9o1_400.gif

Ultimate Regstar Championship #1 - E-REKT

Date: Saturday 21th February 2014 - 7pm GMT

Prizes: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place will all receive prizes

Anyone who would like to donate credits / prizes for the tournament please get in touch with either Snave or Nexy on this forums or in game, I will also be contacting the SWTOR team to see if they have any goodies to pass our way. In addition to this we'll try and get another wallpaper created for the winner.

Livestream:

Pre Show hype: http://www.twitch.tv/snave1208

URC #1: http://www.hitbox.tv/Snave

Signup Sheet: TBC

Mechanics:

*Open sign ups (no number cap).

*Stealth vs Stealth in one bracket, Non Stealth vs Non Stealth in the other.

*Initial fights will be randomly assigned.

*Depending on sign up numbers, the first round will be 1 round knock out progressing to best of 3 for the semi / quarter finals and best of 5 for the finals.

Rules:

*Only one character sign up per person.

*DPS and Tank specs only.

*No use of Medpacks / Adrenals / Grenades or ANY other consumables with the exception of Stims.

*Rocket Boots / Mounts are not allowed.

*Failure to show up in time for the duel will result in disqualification.

*Server transfers are welcome to sign up

*No companions / external help

*As both myself and Nexy are new to this, the format and rules are subject to change. Any changes will be made as visible as possible.

If you're interested please go along to this forum post type the character your wish to enter on / class / spec / faction below and I'll update the spreadsheet as we go along.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...