End Game Crafting

FMLDestroyer

Ruined.. so far.. 400 arms 400 scav 400 investigation level 50 here. There are 12+ dailys each rewarding 1 daily mark. For 7 marks you can get any epic mod you want barrel armor anything np.. there goes the need for crafted mods.. I have made 5 level 50 epics (MASTERCRAFTED Augment slot) Pistol, Vibrosword, cannon, Techblade ,and Sniper rifle. All of which fail to a simple mod gear with just 1 daily mod on it. They gave all these epics presence and defense as there bonus stats why? <~~ Edited by FMLDestroyer

Are the epics u are referring to RE items or the lvl. 48 orange weapons? You can get a critical success on crafting those giving an augment slot. Those should sell for lots of credits. Or are those items bop? Anyway. I don't know why they are allowing players to bypass crafters with the vendors. I can't sell my purple barrels now at arms 350.

Yup I have in my bags a level 50 epic proced augment mastercrafted pistol. Fails to a modded pistol with level 48 mods and a daily barrel in it.

Yep pretty much. Granted with Dungeon and Raid schematics we may be able to craft better stuff. But right now it is completely pointless.

I kinda get the impression that things like Armormech, Weaponstech, and Artifice are really only useful for customizing yourself. If you want to make money, you need to do Slicing, or make consumables with Bio. But even then, Bio is more useful to make the reusable items for yourself.

At least that's what I'm hearing in these threads.

Bio has already made it quite clear that they had no intention on making crafting viable for the economy. The game is designed as a singleplayer game with optional COOP. All crafting is to simply help gear YOURSELF out, and no one else outside of giving away stuff to lowbies.

I'm not sure why they decided this, but they did.

I COULD go out of my way to try to grind myself into purples and sell them, but why waste all the time and effort when I can just do a space mission or two and make more than I would on the market place? This game screams at "easy money" and "easy mods" because it's designed as a singleplayer game.

Edited by RpTheHotrod

Ruined.. so far.. 400 arms 400 scav 400 investigation level 50 here. There are 12+ dailys each rewarding 1 daily mark. For 7 marks you can get any epic mod you want barrel armor anything np.. there goes the need for crafted mods.. I have made 5 level 50 epics (MASTERCRAFTED Augment slot) Pistol, Vibrosword, cannon, Techblade ,and Sniper rifle. All of which fail to a simple mod gear with just 1 daily mod on it. They gave all these epics presence and defense as there bonus stats why? <~~

In reference to the Presence/Defense as the ponus stat, you do realize for each initial green recipe there are 3 blue versions and 15 purple versions, right? Do some more RE'ing until you get the decent ones ;)

This is all true but don't underestimate laziness or lack of desire to run the same 12 missions constantly. I know I'd rather purchase decent equipment than run a bunch of the same missions over and over. Sure the gear may not be quite as good but I'm willing to bet that there are a lot of people who would rather have their gear now as opposed to waiting for enough marks. There are others who would rather purchase gear than run the same missions over and over as well. You have two large groups of people that will buy your crafted equipment.

This isn't to say that this shouldn't be fixed but I don't think its quite as bad as it seems.

Should I just drop Armstech, Scav, Inves and go slicing? I'm honestly considering it.

Also, as a matter of fact, almost all gear in the game is just meaningless. Gear is just going to come down to "Reflex XX". Awesome raid drop? Awesome! I get to upgrade Reflex 25 to 26!!!

Really, that's all there is to this game? Items drops are just visual empty shells to be filled with the next number up for a mod?

Should I just drop Armstech, Scav, Inves and go slicing? I'm honestly considering it.

Also, as a matter of fact, almost all gear in the game is just meaningless. Gear is just going to come down to "Reflex XX". Awesome raid drop? Awesome! I get to upgrade Reflex 25 to 26!!!

Really, that's all there is to this game? Items drops are just visual empty shells to be filled with the next number up for a mod?

can arm make orange techblade? i havent seen any on AH and Tanno Vik uses one and would like a modable one.

I dont think the current situation with crafting will stay.. else everyone will go bio for the stim/infinite pot.

can arm make orange techblade? i havent seen any on AH and Tanno Vik uses one and would like a modable one.

I dont think the current situation with crafting will stay.. else everyone will go bio for the stim/infinite pot.

I really don't think Bio cares, though. They're the ones that said they don't necessarily have to worry so much about creating new content because the game is designed where people will "want" to just re-roll to a new character once they hit max level to experience "more content".

I really don't think Bio cares, though. They're the ones that said they don't necessarily have to worry so much about creating new content because the game is designed where people will "want" to just re-roll to a new character once they hit max level to experience "more content".

Where have they said that? I'd like to see the actual text for that. This to me sounds like one of those "they said xxx" internet things that really isn't true at all.

They will add end game content and refine what is already there. Give it time guys, the game is less than a week old. If you've hit 50 and maxed out your crafting skills already then I'm sorry, you're way ahead of the pack and BW isn't interested in you at the moment. The main portion of the customer base is less than or half way. Once everyone else catches up then BW will start working on end game stuff. Until then, just tough it out.

I believe we can. I'll have to check when I get, but I'm pretty sure I have a orange techblade recipe. It requires Heroic Flashpoint dropped mats though. Same with the other skill 400 orange weapons they can make.

WHich is why they've already announced new content planned for early next year, right? :rolleyes:

You also need to consider that at this time there are not copious amounts of level 50 characters to purchase your high end gear. You will be able to judge this better when the majority of your server are at level cap rather than the minority.