Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Port Forwarding (Opening Ports)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Port Forwarding (Opening Ports)

AdannKomrik
12.24.2011 , 10:52 AM | #1
I feel like an idiot, but here goes:

The help center says that opening certain ports (8995, 12000-12999) may help the game run better. I want to try this but I'm not sure how. I've been able to get into my router and I've found the Port Forwarding page. But I"m not sure what IP address to use. I have a Linksys E2500 router.

I just need to know how to figure out which IP address to enter, or if I am doing this all wrong!

Thanks!

Saintfurs
12.24.2011 , 11:02 AM | #2
If you have a linksys router you probably have a gateway of 192.168.1.1 which is what you would use to log into the router.

Open a command prompt, and type "ipconfig/all" without quotes
Locate the ethernet adapter local area connection.
the IPv4 address is the PC's address - this is the IP you will be forwarding the ports to
Your default gateway is the IP you would type into your browser address bar to log into the router.

hope that helps
Lift the restrictions on quickbars globally. You want people to experience and enjoy the game 1-50 right? The moment you have more abilities than real estate for those abilities is the moment the game stops being enjoyed. It is much more than a quality of life issue, it's denying players the tools do what you claim you want them to do.

AdannKomrik
12.24.2011 , 11:05 AM | #3
Let me try it. Thanks for the reply!

EDIT: Okay, I was able to configure it!! Hopefully it will fix some issues I've been having!!

Skipinder
12.24.2011 , 11:07 AM | #4
You can also check this guide out

http://portforward.com/english/route...d_Republic.htm

AdannKomrik
12.24.2011 , 11:14 AM | #5
Y'all are awesome. Thanks!

Alexsama
12.24.2011 , 11:16 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AdannKomrik View Post
Y'all are awesome. Thanks!

Not too fast there mates... u need to assign your computer a static IP otherwise if you relog into your router in the future (after lease expires) the forward will break.

AdannKomrik
12.24.2011 , 11:18 AM | #7
There you go confuzzling me.

Edit: I see. I set up a static ip. Thanks!

alphaAshagomez
06.25.2014 , 06:09 AM | #8
Could someone tell me the swtor Ip address for the AZTECH DSL7000GRV(S) router please?

OwenBrooks
06.25.2014 , 06:15 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by alphaAshagomez View Post
Could someone tell me the swtor Ip address for the AZTECH DSL7000GRV(S) router please?
This is not needed , port forwarding is not what you want to be playing with, open ports - http://setuprouter.com/router/aztech...6627-large.htm

porterbg
06.10.2015 , 05:59 AM | #10
Have you tried DMZ setting in your router yet, i just finished mine what a big difference.