Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Terribly slow download speed, suggestions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Terribly slow download speed, suggestions?

Grundgies
12.26.2011 , 01:25 AM | #11
I had the same issue, I started the download at 2100 and the game want downloaded patched and ready to play until 1700 the next day, which is a 20 hour download time lol.
Grundgies out!!!

Syntriphics
12.26.2011 , 04:09 PM | #12
OMG TY!!!! that worked like a charm, also solved most of my "unable to reach patche server" issues as well, you sir should be commended!

cheers

maxsmell
12.26.2011 , 06:12 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
1. game directory
2. filename launcher.settings
3. open with notepad
4. scroll to bottom, edit "P2PEnabled": "true" <-- may be set to false
5. save with notepad

fixed mine,now back to usual 2.65mb/s speed

cos i'll be damned if i'm kept from playing what i paid for cos of minor screw ups, hope this works and see all you new guys in the game, enjoy!

Furthermore www.speedguide.net download tcp optimizer, open it.

open browser www.speedtest.net begin test, whatever download says in mbps go into tcp optimizer program set top scrolly bar to that, check optimal box. apply, reboot.
Thanks so much for posting this!!! This info should be a front-page news item on the main website...

SKiDDiBUSY
12.26.2011 , 06:34 PM | #14
the p2penabled thing didn't work for me...

Yerej
12.26.2011 , 06:47 PM | #15
Me either. I rebuilt my system today with new MB, CPU and RAM I got for Christmas. Currently I am downloading at a whopping 75KB/s. This is awful. I have run several speed test and I am getting 10.20 Mbps. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

texassplit
12.26.2011 , 06:59 PM | #16
1. game directory
3. open with notepad
5. save with notepad

cos i'll be damned if i'm kept from playing what i paid for cos of minor screw ups, hope this works and see all you new guys in the game, enjoy!

open browser www.speedtest.net begin test, whatever download says in mbps go into tcp optimizer program set top scrolly bar to that, check optimal box. apply, reboot.

I was pulling my hair and hitting myself in the eye by the "install from disc"-posts, but suddenly a decent and smart man made a usefull post. Ty sir.

mesablue
12.26.2011 , 07:04 PM | #17
Tolian, you are awesome. I was getting download rates of 25 KB with tons of disconnects. It was gonna take a week at that rate.

Now, I'm screaming along. Now I just have to wait through the server down time tonight and another big patch. Hopefully, I can get this thing loaded by sometime tomorrow.

mesablue
12.26.2011 , 07:15 PM | #18
Tolian, you are awesome. I was getting download rates of 25 KB with tons of disconnects. It was gonna take a week at that rate.

Now, I'm screaming along. Now I just have to wait through the server down time tonight and another big patch. Hopefully, I can get this thing loaded by sometime tomorrow.

Loook
12.26.2011 , 08:08 PM | #19
13kb/sec for me BLAZING.

Had to reformat
Online Writing Jobs is my blog. I might update it someday! Also my terrible website in progress Get Rid Of Acne

BuffCareBear
12.26.2011 , 08:12 PM | #20
1. game directory
3. open with notepad
5. save with notepad

Where do I the game directory? This aggravating the hell out of me. -.-