Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

CM, Derp talk?

BluePlatypus
12.13.2011 , 03:20 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by tormentuk View Post
How am i trolling? they're the ones making up posts, just to try settle us down. How i go about making my posts in my business and it's derives from my culture. Every culture has different ways of conveying messages.
You either took the quotes out of context purposely (troll) or you simply didn't comprehend what you read (unwitting troll?).

To recap, adding a lot of players in a short amount of time (stress testing) is what they are NOT going to do. Next time, take a deep breath before posting.

Bloodtau
12.13.2011 , 03:20 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ralty View Post
From the looks of it everything went perfectly today. So well actually, they increased the waves from 4 to 5.

(That's a 25% increase btw, very substantial)
Waves of how many players? The "extra wave" could have been a couple of hundreds, you don't know. They don't deserve praise, stop giving them it.

tormentuk
12.13.2011 , 03:21 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
They are doing the smart thing by gauging things a week ahead of launch.
This is launch, they are just labeling this EGA to cover themselves better.

They forgot one thing, this is a mmo. Where people like to be the first to compete stuff, in game. People have a consumer right to be all treat the same, they are giving people special treatment. out of line

azmundai
12.13.2011 , 03:21 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Baizak View Post
Your quotes are out of context. Trolling will not get you in any earlier, but it may get you banned.
out of context? they are in the same post.
x-server lfd tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.

Bloodtau
12.13.2011 , 03:22 PM | #15
Also, 5 waves. They have many working hours yet, they could have fitted at least 10 in today. But I suppose that means they would actually have to work for our money, Something that is a rarity in an EA funded company.

Conundrum-NSA
12.13.2011 , 03:24 PM | #16
I'm just laughing at this mess, and even moreso at the fanboys tying themselves in knots justifying it or trying to label everyone who complains as trolls and whiners.

I find it funny they are already worse then the WoW community the love to insult. They are far more vile and hate filled and have zero empathy for others.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn."
Ord Mantell Squadron 01

azmundai
12.13.2011 , 03:24 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
They are doing the smart thing by gauging things a week ahead of launch.
stress testing? which most companies call beta?
x-server lfd tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.

wygar
12.13.2011 , 03:24 PM | #18
This is launch, they are just labeling this EGA to cover themselves better.
I agree. A rose by any other name and what not.

tormentuk
12.13.2011 , 03:24 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by BluePlatypus View Post
You either took the quotes out of context purposely (troll) or you simply didn't comprehend what you read (unwitting troll?).

To recap, adding a lot of players in a short amount of time (stress testing) is what they are NOT going to do. Next time, take a deep breath before posting.
They are saying, they are adding people in large clumps to test their servers! If they keep adding people over time, their servers might get overloaded.

BluePlatypus
12.13.2011 , 03:26 PM | #20
They are saying, they are adding people in large clumps to test their servers! If they keep adding people over time, their servers might get overloaded.
Um. No. Like, what are you guys having trouble with? Do you get confused by semicolons? You're like a perl interpreter.

Here's the quote:

Quote:
Last thing. Why aren't we continuing to send waves over time? Two main reasons - one, because we need to see that the servers are maintaining stability over time; adding a lot of players in a short period (in other words, stress testing) can cause stability issues.
Here it is in bit sized bits:
Quote:
We aren't continuing to send waves over time because we need to see that the servers are maintaining stability over time.

We aren't continuing to send waves over time because adding a lot of players in a short period (in other words, stress testing) can cause stability issues.

/end