Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Slot machines vs. mids PVP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Slot machines vs. mids PVP

Lhancelot
01.25.2015 , 07:40 PM | #1
Hey. I am just glad they fixed those slot machines! They were WRECKING THE ECONOMY AND RUINING THE CRAFTERS FUN!!! Endless JAWA JUNK would have destroyed every server rendering all gameplay totally defunct!!! GOOD JOB guys! You saved the game with your nerf of the dreaded and vile CARTEL SLOT MACHINES!!!! God forbid they actually be useful or something!!!!

Now, all this pointless blather about mids PVP being TOTALLY UNPLAYABLE for OVER a month now, who cares? Nevermind the fact MANY threads have been written by players coming back to the game after 3.0, but leaving because the PVP sucks once they hit 30!

ONLY LVL 60 MATTERS!!!!!!! AND NO ONE PVPS IN MIDS!!!!! It's a completely useless tier of levels 30-59 that NEVER do warzones!! People rather do flashpoints and Kuat Drive Yards to gain experience because PVP in mids just doesn't matter!!!!!! that's why no one queues for mids anyways....

GG Bioware and keep it up! These subs that are coming back and leaving once they experience mids pvp, they don't matter, subs come and go who cares?! Glad those of us who are still subs have our money going to the proper channels. Like to nerfing slot machines! Important stuff like that needs addressed ASAP!!!!!!
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

Saikochoro
01.25.2015 , 07:44 PM | #2
The whole slot machine argument is about 100 times bigger than the mids PVP argument. Reading the first couple pages of general forums you'd think the slots machines were the most important thing in the game and nothing else exists.

Lhancelot
01.25.2015 , 07:50 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Saikochoro View Post
The whole slot machine argument is about 100 times bigger than the mids PVP argument. Reading the first couple pages of general forums you'd think the slots machines were the most important thing in the game and nothing else exists.
I believe it by how quickly it was "fixed". I am willing to bet more people are going to leave because of this issue in mids though, than any issue that existed with slot machines. regardless losing subs is not cool, and it's becoming daily that people post on it. Imagine the numbers of people who never post on their leaving? I have a buddy that is taking a break "until they fix mids". He had come back to game shortly after 3.0, and many people did the same. Just like him, they are quitting now. And, nah you guys can't have his stuffs.

Saikochoro
01.25.2015 , 07:54 PM | #4
Yeah bioware just isn't doing a good job at keeping people happy. The bolster is screwy in mids. Pre 3.0 bolster seemed different. As I lvld up closer to 55 I noticed my health drop slightly and my damage also drop slightly. My experience pre 3.0 showed me that mid 40s was bolster prime. Now it seems like 55+ is bolster prime. They should revert the way bolster worked to slightly diminish the benefit of bolster each time you level. Make bolster prime in the 40s again.

RGMetal
01.25.2015 , 07:58 PM | #5
Devs don't read the pvp forum.
<The Core>
Toshirou / Gene / Keiichi / Kusanagi / Yoshô / Musashí

<Malice In Wonderland>
Toshí / Míka / Shíro / Gintoki / Faye / Jubei

Exosasa
01.25.2015 , 08:01 PM | #6
Refer to signature.

Vosxiss
01.25.2015 , 08:39 PM | #7
Look guys, the leveling process takes a few weeks max, even if you're just religiously doing warzones, which are crummy xp. Your end-game experience will likely last months, or even years. Should Bio balance around something you'll do for 3 weeks, or a year?

Bio can't balance around a warzone environment where some people don't even have basic abilities yet, and others have 10 more abilities than the other guys. Best to balance the game on the assumption that everybody has their abilities and is level 60.
-Vos
-Celsus

Zoom_VI
01.25.2015 , 08:41 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Vosxiss View Post
Look guys, the leveling process takes a few weeks max, even if you're just religiously doing warzones, which are crummy xp. Your end-game experience will likely last months, or even years. Should Bio balance around something you'll do for 3 weeks, or a year?

Bio can't balance around a warzone environment where some people don't even have basic abilities yet, and others have 10 more abilities than the other guys. Best to balance the game on the assumption that everybody has their abilities and is level 60.
They should never balance around it, but they should at least make sure that bolster is not screwing people over for no reason.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

Vosxiss
01.25.2015 , 09:29 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
They should never balance around it, but they should at least make sure that bolster is not screwing people over for no reason.
Bioware is struggling to figure out bolster at max level, I'd rather they not try and temper with it more than they need to
-Vos
-Celsus

Lhancelot
01.25.2015 , 09:30 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
Exactly. I get that some people do not value mids pvp. I get it. That does not mean that the entire bracket should be unplayable because bolster is totally out of whack. This should be adjusted, and then literally an enite bracket of pvp could be enjoyed again by those who do like to XP through pvp!

If you think pvp is not a viable way to XP, that's fine. Many people prefer pvp over pve though, and for those people this is game-breaking. If it wasn't, you would not see so many passionate, angry, disapointed threads created regarding this problem.

When slot machines were complained about heavily, I scoffed at that issue, because to me personally the machines were actually useful. What I did not do though, was wade into the forums and tell everyone who would read my post that it was stupid some players thought it would destroy the economy and they should just find other ways to make money seeing there are so many other ways.

Why? Because I understood that for one, perhaps I didn't grasp the scope of the slot machines and the effect they were having on the economy. For two, I feel that if something is ruining other players fun I would prefer it be changed so that WE as a whole are happier. The more players who are content and happy means more success for this game, which is a good thing imo.

What gain do people have, by saying "mids pvp is not a big deal", and then further justify the broken tier of pvp by saying "you can level through pve and just get to 60 faster with XP pots"?

Is it not reasonable for the mids pvp tier bolster to be fixed so that it can be played without causing people to get angry, not queue for mids, or even worse quit the game?

It's broken, and should be fixed... Whether or not some players never queue mids pvp is irrelevant. What is relevant is that many people do enjoy mids pvp, and cannot now because it is broken.