Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New warzone: capture and command objectives

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
New warzone: capture and command objectives

Firelieutenant
01.23.2015 , 07:16 AM | #1
Here's a warzone idea I've been thinking about for some time. It is very similar to capturing zones in current warzones. However instead of turrets inducing damage to enemy bases perhaps when you capture a node it generates AI boys to be directed towards other enemy nodes. You can have low ground troops or powerful walker units on the battleground. So instead of just purely fighting other players it would be a combination of fighting pvp and pve. You could also fortify the node/base w turrets if the nose was held long enough. Have like 6 nodes and 2 main enemy bases. Your ultimate goal would be to attack and destroy the enemy base but would be able to help speed things along by capturing more of the smaller bases and generating ai troops. If I do recall they did this in Star Wars: the clone wars on previous gen consoles. This style of warzones would allow not only uneven teams a better fighting chance but also a lower geared pvp toon to help level. What do yous think?

Firelieutenant
01.23.2015 , 08:40 AM | #2
You could take it one step further and enable players to mount up to cover the battleground faster based on their speeder piloting level but when mounted their health could reduced to 25 or 50% so they are more or less forced to pvp when attacked by a non mounted player. Of course the mounts wouldn't be able to attack. Or have a very basic attack such as the walker or tank AI npcs. But I say leave mounted players unable to attack.

kelanator
01.23.2015 , 12:00 PM | #3
So basically you are suggestion a total domination type of match? I really like it! Though to do this it would be better in a larger map with more players in it instead of the regular 8 man PvP teams. Also it would be kinda cool to give players the option to get into the walkers or tanks and fight from inside of them giving support to the ones that are fighting on the ground. Kinda like Battlefront. I don't know it's just an idea that would be kinda cool.

Kissakias
01.23.2015 , 12:28 PM | #4
any new WZ is a plus for the game (really hate those huttballs)
Join us and earn gooood rewards using my referral http://www.swtor.com/r/ZvPhZd... Be a suber today!!
--77000-achievement points--

Firelieutenant
01.23.2015 , 12:50 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by kelanator View Post
So basically you are suggestion a total domination type of match? I really like it! Though to do this it would be better in a larger map with more players in it instead of the regular 8 man PvP teams. Also it would be kinda cool to give players the option to get into the walkers or tanks and fight from inside of them giving support to the ones that are fighting on the ground. Kinda like Battlefront. I don't know it's just an idea that would be kinda cool.
Yes pretty much like battlefront. And I'm tired of just 3 capture points on like the alderman map. We need more nodes to capture. And not everyone is great at pvp so they could still participate by attacking the npc units. If you work as a team. Some people could focus on pve and others can focus on pvp to further advance your team/troops of player and non player units towards the enemies base. I really want to see npcs and vehicles worked into a warzone setting.

Firelieutenant
01.23.2015 , 12:53 PM | #6
As for the size of the maps yes they would need to be larger, and they could range anywhere from 4vs4 or 16vs16. The npc units could be a way of balancing uneven teams. And if you don't like a mix of pve and pvp then don't queue for capture and command or command and conquer.

G_Hosa_Phat
01.23.2015 , 03:37 PM | #7
I really like the PvP+E mash up of this idea. I've been trying to think of ways to incorporate different play style elements from other games into SWTOR. I've linked what I think are a couple of fun suggestions along this vein in my signature. I may have to add this one to that list (great, now I'll have to reorganize everything again).

Thanks for the great new idea!

P.S. If you haven't already, you might want to post this idea in the "main" WZ thread: "Have an idea for a Warzone? Share it with a Dev!"
The Starbreeze Legacy (Jung Ma) - Istarra | Alhana
Firestorm Alliance | Evil Purple Spider Monkeys

NEW GAME MODES: Field Commander | Onslaught Arenas | Capture & Command | Personal Armies
34th Degree Text Mason - Building Walls of Text Since 1997 - My Referral Link

Firelieutenant
01.24.2015 , 11:29 AM | #8
Thank you I reposted on that pvp thread!

KnightTyler
02.08.2015 , 07:33 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Firelieutenant View Post
Here's a warzone idea I've been thinking about for some time. It is very similar to capturing zones in current warzones. However instead of turrets inducing damage to enemy bases perhaps when you capture a node it generates AI boys to be directed towards other enemy nodes. You can have low ground troops or powerful walker units on the battleground. So instead of just purely fighting other players it would be a combination of fighting pvp and pve. You could also fortify the node/base w turrets if the nose was held long enough. Have like 6 nodes and 2 main enemy bases. Your ultimate goal would be to attack and destroy the enemy base but would be able to help speed things along by capturing more of the smaller bases and generating ai troops. If I do recall they did this in Star Wars: the clone wars on previous gen consoles. This style of warzones would allow not only uneven teams a better fighting chance but also a lower geared pvp toon to help level. What do yous think?
/signed

Great idea. Reminds me of Titanfall's AI defending/assaulting objectives. This would be a really fun warzone!

TheJjakkal
02.09.2015 , 12:24 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Firelieutenant View Post
/signed

However, why not make this happen in open world?

Mesh it with Conquest to tie in an incentive. It could bring life to the barren planets out there and on a larger scale. I can see it doing wonders for server camaraderie and health.

*EDIT*
If the OP's idea/suggestion were implemented within Conquest objectives - make the points earned, contestable! Make it to where both factions must "control" the lake (PvPvE/RvR/WvW area of said planet) and everything the OP said. If the "enemy" faction starts to take over this area, the previous "enemy" (Opposite faction guild) will lose a percentage of points (Should be enough to matter). Of course you could slap a contestable timer on it. So your guild isn't constantly flying back and forth to put in work. But, make it to where it's a nice chunk of points earned or lost if no one participates.

Pros:
- Tie in those that don't do WZ's or Ranked, but like to kill people too.
- Promote a stronger, server wide, community
- Server wide guild competition boost

Cons:
- Kill your server (Given the health of the game so far, is that really such a bad outcome? People would have to move servers, right? So, even though it could be bad for your server... It would promote a much more active player base on another. Which would really benefit all. Assuming you'd move servers or there would be a server merger, of course.)
__⋡⌆۞]⋑_____≬○≭⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
⊱ป║╱╱
‾ˇ◝▓∫ ╯◜‾‾‾