Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Deception in the Ranks: The Fallout of Operation Landslide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
Deception in the Ranks: The Fallout of Operation Landslide

alaurin
01.19.2015 , 05:09 PM | #1
My deepest apologies, but its time for me to inflict yet another story thread onto you all. As I sat here editing the next update for my guys' saga, I realized it really has outgrown the SFC thread. Its the 19th part (not counting the intro bits) of the story I began last spring when an odd little nugget entered my head and there will be roughly 6-7 parts after. Therefore, I decided to their main storyline here. This won't be all of the content for Dek, Jax, and Zev from the SFC thread, just the ones relevant to what I've dubbed their little intrigue. While most of it will be copied over from the SFC thread, there will be a new bit before I get the guys to their current point, then the updates will come here instead of the SFC thread. I don't want to overwhelm anyone, so I'll probably just transfer 2-3 stories a day until I'm caught up.

So sit back and (hopefully) enjoy a tale of betrayal, dirty dealings, cooperate greed, a hunt for the truth, and unwavering friendship.

I'll post specific spoilers for each part, but in general you can expect spoilers for the Bounty Hunter, Smuggler, and Trooper stories. I'll add in some pictures when I get the chance.

alaurin
01.19.2015 , 05:17 PM | #2
This first part was originally posted 6/16/2014 in the SFC thread for the Sounds of Silence prompt.

Keeping the Memories at Bay

Spoiler Alert: Hints at the starting point for the Smuggler story
Spoiler

alaurin
01.19.2015 , 05:39 PM | #3
This was originally posted 6/18/2014 on the SCF thread for the Good/Bad Memories and Dreams and Nightmares prompts.

Haunted By the Past

Spoiler Alert: Hints at the intro for the BH story.
Content Warning: Mild violence
Spoiler

alaurin
01.19.2015 , 05:57 PM | #4
This part was originally posted 6/19/2014 on the SFC thread for the Good/Bad Memories and Dreams and Nightmares prompts.

Things You Never Really Forget

Spoiler Alert: Spoilers for Trooper Ord Mantell
Content Warning: Mild violence
Spoiler

alaurin
01.20.2015 , 08:35 AM | #5
This next part takes place roughly a week after the last parts. It was originally posted 6/25/2014 on the SFC thread for the Allies prompt.

Taking the Fall

Spoiler Alert: Spoilers for Trooper Ord Mantell and an early companion spoiler for Aric Jorgan
Spoiler

Author’s Notes:
Spoiler

alaurin
01.20.2015 , 04:53 PM | #6
This next part was originally posted 8/4/2014 on the SFC thread for the I Love This Bar prompt.

Fancy Meeting You Here

Spoiler Alert: Spoilers for Smuggler and Trooper Ord Mantell as well as a minor reference to JK Tython
*Content warning: some innuendo and raunchy humor below....
Spoiler

Author’s Note:
Spoiler

alaurin
01.21.2015 , 03:26 PM | #7
This next part was posted 8/7/2014 on the SFC thread for The Morning After prompt. No spoilers in this one, just figured I'd let you guys see the morning after shenanigans.

Its All Good Until You Wake Up the Next Morning....

**warning: adult conversation and a risqué bit (nothing too descriptive, I promise).
Spoiler

Author’s Note:
Spoiler

**I'm currently working on something completely new for the next part, so probably won't be updated until tomorrow.

alaurin
01.22.2015 , 11:09 PM | #8
Sorry, this next bit took a little longer to finish than I'd thought, but the (hopefully) good news is that it's brand new and never been seen before now!

Up Close and Personal

Spoiler Alert: Spoilers for BH Hutta
Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler

alaurin
01.23.2015 , 03:54 PM | #9
Now to jump ahead a few weeks.

This next part features Ka'van, a JC who belongs to Kitar. She has given me permission to include Ka'van in this thread. This was originally posted 1/14/2015 on the SFC thread for the First Impressions-of Someone Else prompt.

Lucky Day

Spoiler Alert: Spoilers for Smuggler Taris
Spoiler

Author’s Note:
Spoiler

frauzet
01.23.2015 , 04:06 PM | #10
Little Mako keeping the big bad bounty hunter safe is such a cute image. I think I like your version, too
Author of "Trouble, Destiny and Other Complications" and the AU "Caught"
Participant of the "Short Fic Weekly Challlenge Thread!"
All my stories from TDaOC and SFWC in chronological order