Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are you guys fixing nightmare mode Scum and villainy - Olok?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Are you guys fixing nightmare mode Scum and villainy - Olok?

SBR_QuorTek
01.18.2015 , 11:39 PM | #1
Just wondering.... if all the ads on the 5th boss phase 1 will get their original numbers back instead fi randomly oneshotting people...
Support the Iconic Starwars way is all I can say, support Planet side stuff as well as Serious space content posibilities, don't be a one way person... go after perfection.

Hichitsuki-hime
01.19.2015 , 02:01 AM | #2
and how about terror from beyond NIM mode, nim brontes & nim raptus >.> and fix the underlurker already lol.
just in general - fix the raids
The Red Eclipse: Ka'nata (madness sorc) <Indefinite>;
Ebon Hawk: Sa'yana <Army of Light>
5/5 NiM TFB; 7/7 NiM S&V; 5/5 NiM DF; 3/5 NIM DP; 5/5 HM RAV; 5/5 HM ToS
#Fix SAGE DPS # R.I.P. SAGE HEALS

Gwence
01.19.2015 , 05:06 AM | #3
What's wrong with terror

jono_shadow
01.19.2015 , 05:47 PM | #4
S&V worked fine for us, only issues was 6th boss with the armor debuff on the tanks, every 5 secs and cleanse is now on a longer cd, still doable tho

as for olok, are you sure you take the right droids?

TFB and DF worked fine aswell, we havnt gone back to dp nim yet
The Red Eclipse |

Gemi-rok - sligner - DPS
Yasmi-rok - VG - Tank
Vintorii- Sniper - DPS

justinplainview
01.19.2015 , 05:50 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Hichitsuki-hime View Post
and how about terror from beyond NIM mode, nim brontes & nim raptus >.> and fix the underlurker already lol.
just in general - fix the raids
NiM brontes is easily killable, we one shot multiple sale runs (basically seven manned it) last lockout, so there's that. NiM Raptus is also killable, since we sold 2 Rancor runs as well last lockout, though the healing challenge is not tuned correctly, so you have to get creative.

Quote: Originally Posted by SBR_QuorTek View Post
Just wondering.... if all the ads on the 5th boss phase 1 will get their original numbers back instead fi randomly oneshotting people...
Olok is also killable, and the healers reported that they didn't even notice a difference.

As for NiM TFB I honestly haven't been in there since 3.0 so I can't speak to it.

wadecounty
01.19.2015 , 09:07 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by justinplainview View Post

Olok is also killable, and the healers reported that they didn't even notice a difference.
That's not really true, having done it, and checked on parsec, the Assault droids do 24k damage per GCD if unmitigated. In other words, in 2 GCD's they can drop a tank with bad mitigation luck, 3 GCD's even if they defend/shield a couple of hits (each attack is broken up into 3 hits).

The healers can claim they didn't notice a difference, but quite frankly I doubt it, unless your healers easily pump out something like 12k HPS single target. We were only able to kill it by going out of our way to always have a tank with saber reflect/saber ward combo for any assault droid, and focusing them first, which is NOT the normal strat on that fight and was not the way it was done pre 3.0.

What I don't understand is, you're in a guild that is doing absolute top of the line progression. Of course you can overcome bugs. That doesn't mean the bugs should be left in, because the top progression guild in the game can work around them. Instead, people should acknowledge the bugs so they can get taken care of, so thank you for this thread OP.
Kandel - Juggernaut Lef - Guardian
Nyeetra - Assassin Milarra - Sage
Lendros - Mercenary Jakor - Vanguard
Iseline - Operative Lysandere - Gunslinger

justinplainview
01.19.2015 , 09:16 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post
That's not really true, having done it, and checked on parsec, the Assault droids do 24k damage per GCD if unmitigated. In other words, in 2 GCD's they can drop a tank with bad mitigation luck, 3 GCD's even if they defend/shield a couple of hits (each attack is broken up into 3 hits).

The healers can claim they didn't notice a difference, but quite frankly I doubt it, unless your healers easily pump out something like 12k HPS single target. We were only able to kill it by going out of our way to always have a tank with saber reflect/saber ward combo for any assault droid, and focusing them first, which is NOT the normal strat on that fight and was not the way it was done pre 3.0.

What I don't understand is, you're in a guild that is doing absolute top of the line progression. Of course you can overcome bugs. That doesn't mean the bugs should be left in, because the top progression guild in the game can work around them. Instead, people should acknowledge the bugs so they can get taken care of, so thank you for this thread OP.
I'm sorry, but it was killed. It's done. I'm not saying your experience is invalid, but I'm saying it is killable, and the strat wasn't massively changed to do so (whereas the raptus nim healing challenge requires A LOT of tinkering). I'm not saying that bugs should not be fixed. I'm just sick of people trying to put every Operation bug in with the Underlurker bug. I'm sorry, but Brontes NiM is VERY killable. VERY much so. To imply that one hand going to 100% is just as bad as the Underlurker cross desyncing and killing half the raid is just disingenuous. I'm not at ALL say you don't fix bugs. But people just get ridiculously hyperbolic.

EDIT: Raulos, one of our main healers just told me word for word "I did not notice a difference, at all."

Again, the bugs need to be fixed. And I'm not trying to be on a high horse at all. Any and all operations bugs should be fixed. And if you guys had trouble with it, maybe we got lucky. My post is not at all to try and imply something IS NOT BUGGED. I just think that on a scale of what needs to be fixed, let's fix new bosses first, just IMHO

SBR_QuorTek
01.20.2015 , 12:00 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by justinplainview View Post
NiM brontes is easily killable, we one shot multiple sale runs (basically seven manned it) last lockout, so there's that. NiM Raptus is also killable, since we sold 2 Rancor runs as well last lockout, though the healing challenge is not tuned correctly, so you have to get creative.

As for NiM TFB I honestly haven't been in there since 3.0 so I can't speak to it.
It is doable we did kill it... and we did chose the correct bots for it as well... but somehow it is broken... phase one upstairs random killing people.... phase two sweeping the board below they still be have odd.... when it is down to olok himself it is absolutely no problem at all.

We did sweep every boss up to that one in like 30 minutes no deaths, anyhow in 8man NiM it seem like the droids do 16man damage instead of 8man or something, the same issue persist in hard mode as well, not to the same degree but close... first time ran this waaay back we where in 162/168 gear and did not encounter that problem, it seem to have been an issue since 3.0 came out..

Maybe you got a lucky puzzle with all mailbots down there or something, as we cleared it when it had like 3 or 4 of those present, yes we do know how to reset the puzzle as well ;-)

Its not a healing issue either, eg. malafar hardmode in the ToS doing like 5.8k eHPS lol
Support the Iconic Starwars way is all I can say, support Planet side stuff as well as Serious space content posibilities, don't be a one way person... go after perfection.

darkdestroya
01.20.2015 , 07:36 AM | #9
Can confirm that both SNV and TFB NiM can be cleared. We encountered a bug on operator where the colour deletion happened once and then never happened again. Olok isn't difficult. Requires tanks to hold aggro on buyer stage ect, but otherwise quite simple. Its worth noting that in nim you cannot have two artillery/assault droids in the same row.

Eternalnight
01.20.2015 , 07:51 AM | #10
Even if there was some bug in Scum and Villainy, don't even think about fixing it.

Just fix the bugs in current operations.

Seriously, what is wrong with people?

They have not even started fixing the far more urgent bugs in current operations and people are still asking them to waste time on tinkering with some old ops that nearly everyone is outleveled by now.

Dear Bioware, I beg of you. Please don't fix any bugs in Scum and Villainy even if there are some. All the time it would take to do that is better spent on fixing Temple of Sacrifice.