Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The REAL Most Powerful Force Users - Rebooted

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The REAL Most Powerful Force Users - Rebooted

Beniboybling
01.17.2015 , 01:07 PM | #1
Welcome folks, this is a project I began in 2013 and as the title suggests is an attempt to reboot it with fresh opinion, information and a more organised system of debate. The end result hopefully being a more accurate list with a greater degree of consensus. For those of you new to the project read on, and for those who are not, see what's changed!

(Note, if you'd like to look at the previous state of the project, check out the old index thread.)

The goal of the project is for the SWTOR community to come together to discuss in an organised debate who the real most powerful Force users are as opposed simply giving our personal opinions. The end result being a series of rankings cataloging in order of ability the most powerful Force users, dark siders (Sith) and light siders (Jedi) in the Star Wars universe. To be clear, I’m not asking for a list of who you think the most powerful Force users are. Instead we’ll be discussing candidates one by one in accordance with the structure that I have lain out below.

First off it's important to make the decision making process clear, to ensure the discussion progresses smoothly and stays organised final decisions will be made by a council of prominent debaters on these forums, which consists of Myself, Aurbere and Selenial. The decision has to be unanimously accepted by all three of us and endorsed by at least two other participants in the discussion. This way we can ensure verdicts are made on merit and without bias.

[IMPORTANT NOTE: The Council has been temporarily suspended, under the new system I will take over the responsibility of making the final verdict, the the Council's responsibilities in general. To balance this out however we will now require a total of three endorsements for any one character to be placed on the list.]

Stage 1 – Choosing Candidates
Spoiler
Stage 2 – Making a Comparison
Spoiler
Stage 3 – Reaching a Decision
Spoiler
RULES OF THE DEBATE

1. No trolling, flaming and personal attacks of any nature are permitted. Mature and constructive discussion is the only kind allowed, anything else will be ignored and reported. We also advise against aggressive debating.

2. Those entirely without a corporeal form, and anything beyond the standard parameters of "mortals" or otherwise indefinable in power are not being considered, such as the Ones, Abeloth and Darth Nihilus.

3. The characters in consideration are being taken in their most powerful incarnations, and only one incarnation can be nominated for the list e.g. Darth Caedus over Jacen Solo, Darth Vader over Anakin Skywalker.

4. This is a post-4000 BBY list and therefore any Force users who died prior are not being considered as candidates, most importantly including ancient Sith. This is due to a lack of information on earlier periods.

5. In general, characters lacking in sufficient material are not being considered.

6. This list considers Legends & Canon material to be valid, including old post-ROTJ material and G-Canon statements. However Canon material specifically related to the portrayal of Force abilities takes precedence.

The current state of the debate, including the rankings themselves, are listed below.

Beniboybling
01.17.2015 , 01:07 PM | #2
==================================================

RANKED CHARACTERS

#1 Luke Skywalker / #2 Darth Sidious / #3 Valkorion / #4 Yoda / #5 Darth Plagueis / #6 Darth Caedus

#7 Mother Talzin / #8 Darth Krayt / #9 Revan / #10 Darth Vader / #11 Starkiller / #12 Exar Kun

#13 Cade Skywalker

Complete comparisons and reasoning for each ranking can be found below.

Current State of the Debate

Candidates being chosen for #14
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
==================================================

Aurbere
01.17.2015 , 01:09 PM | #3
What happened to the old template? Pretty sure Luke and Sidious are supposed to be at the top.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
01.17.2015 , 01:10 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
What happened to the old template? Pretty sure Luke and Sidious are supposed to be at the top.
Well technically speaking the only absolute statement we have concerning the most powerful Force users is Leland Chee in regards to the Father. So I decided to refrain, really though its only a formality.

Aurbere
01.17.2015 , 01:12 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Well technically speaking the only absolute statement we have concerning the most powerful Force users is Leland Chee in regards to the Father. So I decided to refrain, really though its only a formality.
I guess that's fair. So I put Luke at the top. Reasons being that he's already beaten the most powerful Sith Lord ever and only grew stronger afterwards.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
01.17.2015 , 01:17 PM | #6
I agree, I also managed to find a respect thread on Luke Skywalker that unsurprisingly is very impressive:

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/fay...-thread/98314/

Like stupidly impressive, the man tears down and rebuilds massive structures with the Force alone!

Aurbere
01.17.2015 , 01:20 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I agree, I also managed to find a respect thread on Luke Skywalker that unsurprisingly is very impressive:

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/fay...-thread/98314/

Like stupidly impressive, the man tears down and rebuilds massive structures with the Force alone!
Oh, good, you found one. I was afraid I was going to have to list feats and such. That would take forever.

Selenial
01.17.2015 , 01:30 PM | #8
Is anyone actually against Luke and Sidious at the top?

I guess that's where we should start, if anyone has issue with them then they can say, and we can start.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Celéna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Aurbere
01.17.2015 , 01:34 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Is anyone actually against Luke and Sidious at the top?

I guess that's where we should start, if anyone has issue with them then they can say, and we can start.
Would it be wrong if I answered that question with 'no one sane'?

But, yeah, let's see what people have to say. I honestly feel they should have been placed at the top straight away. But we'll see what is said.

Beniboybling
01.17.2015 , 01:37 PM | #10
Well I introduced this in anticipation:

NOTE: If it is obvious that only one candidate should be considered, we can jump straight to the verdict.

So if the council is in agreement on Luke (and Sidious) all we need is endorsement from two others. I'm sure everyone will agree on Luke, but I expect some contention concerning Sidious, not that the arguments will be realistic.