Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The game doesn't load after pressing play

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
The game doesn't load after pressing play

Kerk_Kenor
12.24.2011 , 09:40 AM | #1
hello!
Since I quited the game today I can't enter the because the game doesnt load ,I just have the gears turning endlessly
help please !

nemhook
12.24.2011 , 09:45 AM | #2
apart from resetting your connection and making sure that your firewall has it aloud as the servers look to be ok, make sure the game isn't corrupt or anything.

Launch the launcher and sign in, at the bottom left of the launcher there is a cog, click it then click repair and let it do it's thing, once it's done exit and then re-try.

failing that turn your pc off for a few minutes then give it a shot, those are just quick things you can try.

Kerk_Kenor
12.24.2011 , 09:56 AM | #3
when I try to repair it says I need to finish installing patches.

ForsakenSoldier
12.24.2011 , 09:59 AM | #4
I have the same thing. Just got to Alderaan and in between PvP-matches (after loading back in from one), the loading took extremely long. Now after I press play from the client the gears (loading bar in bottom right corner) continues to show progress but the game never loads - left it for 20minutes+, usually only takes 1 minute at most. I do not want to have to reinstall the client but I am not sure my other options at this point as the OP. No patch message for me though.
Thaiden - Jen'jidai

Kerk_Kenor
12.24.2011 , 10:02 AM | #5
I reinstalled the game but it didnt help ,I think I will just wait ...

ForsakenSoldier
12.24.2011 , 10:10 AM | #6
Did you do a clean install?
Thaiden - Jen'jidai

Kerk_Kenor
12.24.2011 , 10:27 AM | #7
Of course & I have been waition for 20 minutes & nothing happend

Kerk_Kenor
12.24.2011 , 11:08 AM | #8
Bump!!!

Ominari
12.24.2011 , 11:12 AM | #9
I am having a similar issue. I get a brief load screen then the game closes out. Been on hold waiting for Tech Support to give me information on next-steps for this.

Edit:
I've gone through all troubleshooting steps in the forums, with no avail. Done repairs, re-install and converted some folders to .old and had them re-created. Issue is still persisting.

Chkdsk didn't get errors

Ominari
12.24.2011 , 11:26 AM | #10
On the phone with support. They confirmed that it's an issue with the quick-fix that rolled out around 6am.