Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A shame that Bioware doesnt care about PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A shame that Bioware doesnt care about PvP

Nulli
12.13.2011 , 04:10 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ChosenPredator View Post
yuup, soon as that comes out I am converting but until then it's all about swtor
Sweet!

Now we know who's opinion on the game to ignore....

lol....

Zombifikation
12.13.2011 , 04:18 PM | #22
I love that everyone is in such a frenzy about pvp issues....thaw game isn't even out yet and they just opened early access. I give every game developer a chance to improve on their game after it comes out, and 90% of the time I'm not disappointed.

Wow pvp had its issues, and in the end they couldn't find a balance for all of their players, casual or competitive, but it still worked to a degree, and they still tried. With what I've read, it seems bw has asolid base pvp system with plenty of room to improve, and I'm sure they will, it will just take some time. I can't understand why everyone is so quick to judge and jump on a game the first time they play it, especially in an mmo, where things are more complicated and take more time to balance out. Patience....I'm sure the main issues will be worked on, for better or worse, they almost always will.
Vekk 50 Merc - Helm of Graush - Pyro.

"The Peace Sign is just the trigger and the middle finger." -LW

Zolaz
12.13.2011 , 04:35 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Zombifikation View Post
I love that everyone is in such a frenzy about pvp issues....thaw game isn't even out yet and they just opened early access. I give every game developer a chance to improve on their game after it comes out, and 90% of the time I'm not disappointed.

Wow pvp had its issues, and in the end they couldn't find a balance for all of their players, casual or competitive, but it still worked to a degree, and they still tried. With what I've read, it seems bw has asolid base pvp system with plenty of room to improve, and I'm sure they will, it will just take some time. I can't understand why everyone is so quick to judge and jump on a game the first time they play it, especially in an mmo, where things are more complicated and take more time to balance out. Patience....I'm sure the main issues will be worked on, for better or worse, they almost always will.
Trying is for the special olympics ... even Yoda knows that. Bioware just doesnt care about pvp.

shinacarana
12.13.2011 , 04:49 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Jibberish View Post
One of my guildies made a quote that made some sense... "hardcore players might tend to preorder and go darkside, but the guys that open the box and install on Christmas are more inclined to go light side and install after launch".

Are you seeing more Dark Side players at this time?? or just all over the boards?
And that's why if you wanted to see a lot of PVP, should have gone republic.

5 Sith v 1 Republic guild is hard to find PVP.

however.

1 Republic Guild v 5 Sith is a plethera of PVP.
Squadron 367

WickedMind
12.13.2011 , 04:49 PM | #25
darkfall has been out abut 3 years now

tomkek
12.13.2011 , 04:58 PM | #26
If you enjoy PvP you will not care how many ways there are for you to kill people. Currently we have open world and 3 warzones (all of them are excellent in their design, bear that in mind). You get to kill people and play objective based, whichever you prefer, in all these.

Now, complaints are obvious, people will never be happy with what they have. Personally I've gotten to shoot others on demand, with pretty much constant pops 24/7 during beta. I really don't see what the problem is for so many people. You want PvP? Queue a WZ and kill someone.

Now, for those that think we might need some more ladders etc, sure it would be a nice addition, however if you prioritize ladder over the chance to participate in well designed PvP enviroment, then you're just an epeener.

PS. Oh and for those that don't like WZs, try Alderaan during levelling or any of the high level planets, once you're done. Plenty of people to kill I assure you.
Adelaide Hand of Blood Commando Tomb of Freedon Nadd EU

drealmer
12.13.2011 , 08:04 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by tomkek View Post

Now, complaints are obvious, people will never be happy with what they have. Personally I've gotten to shoot others on demand, with pretty much constant pops 24/7 during beta. I really don't see what the problem is for so many people. You want PvP? Queue a WZ and kill someone.

PS. Oh and for those that don't like WZs, try Alderaan during levelling or any of the high level planets, once you're done. Plenty of people to kill I assure you.
Warzones don't do it for me, they are meaningless bash-fests that make no sense, have no impact on the game, and are just a tool to satisfy people who don't care that much about how they get an enemy in their targets, like you said, all you care about is shooting on demand. I'm not saying anything against your enjoyment of the warzones, it's just not everyone's cup o' tea. If I wanted that sort of gameplay, I'd multi-play an FPS. Shoot on demand is fabricated in my view, it's the epitome of instances, instantaneous satisfaction for those that don't want to wait and interact within the world of the game. I, and others, are into something with a little more depth, we've got THOUSANDS of people around with HUGE potential for large scale conflicts that actually affect the world we play in, why can't we seek out conflict in the open world more easily? It's a legitimate desire, at least equal to your desire to be able to shoot on demand, which they've provided for you. What we're asking for will not affect you really, you can be happy with your WZs. The rest of us are wondering what they're going to do to satisfy us. They've been making this game for years, there are not very promising signs of them leaning in a good direction for the rest of the people who are not satisfied with the way PvP is currently.

Once I'm DONE? I would like to PvP before I hit the end of the story. I like to mix it up, don't you?

Pranks
12.13.2011 , 08:06 PM | #28
s3,s4,s6 Gladiator
My AJ Profile

drealmer
12.13.2011 , 08:08 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Pranks View Post
such a joke to anyone with serious PvP desires, a kick of dirt in the face really....rated warzones? with the bolstering mechanic? it's a joke, to me anyway.

Pranks
12.13.2011 , 08:14 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by drealmer View Post
such a joke to anyone with serious PvP desires, a kick of dirt in the face really....rated warzones? with the bolstering mechanic? it's a joke, to me anyway.
rated warzones are for 50s only.... So obviously no bolstering...
s3,s4,s6 Gladiator
My AJ Profile