Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A shame that Bioware doesnt care about PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A shame that Bioware doesnt care about PvP

Univeritas
12.13.2011 , 03:45 PM | #11
I am definitely going to make a Jedi Consular, and I kick ace at PvP. In ALL games. Ever.

Alas, no invite as of yet.
“Blessed are you when men hate you and when they exclude you” (Lk. 6:22).

BountyFlax
12.13.2011 , 03:45 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by gundamemo View Post
Guild war 2 is coming out soon, go play that if you are truly pvp hardcore or darkfall if you're into FFA style.

Star Wars is a big commercial IP that will obviously be casual centric... so pvper is not their target audience.

oh and... QQ MORE
LOL I love Dark Fall until they NERF hell out of my pole arms .....

SleekJake
12.13.2011 , 03:46 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Zolaz View Post
You can already see how PvP takes a back seat to devs in SWTOR. SEVERE guild imbalance and seeding of guilds. Bioware just slapped some stuff together and called it good.
People like you make Bioware's work so love-able. Yeah, its you're opinion about PvP, but just because YOU don't like it means that they don't care about PvP? If you worry too much about SWTOR's PvP then why bother playing it. It's fine as it is.

golfwang
12.13.2011 , 03:47 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by jayderyu View Post
I loved PVP the way it is. WoW PVP had issues. Not that is was bad. WoW PVP had some good stuff too. However as Blizzard has admitted to regretting their implementation. The current SWTOR model is working.

They don't want quick kills. They don't want the Gear to be to separate. They want the gear for PVP and PVE. After a dozen games of Hutball. It's bloody awesome.

PVP should take backseat.
this attitude is why we can't have nice things.

WickedMind
12.13.2011 , 03:47 PM | #15
You want a pvp game go play darkfall best pvp game out there

ChosenPredator
12.13.2011 , 03:47 PM | #16
Guild war 2 is coming out soon, go play that if you are truly pvp hardcore or darkfall if you're into FFA style.

Star Wars is a big commercial IP that will obviously be casual centric... so pvper is not their target audience.

oh and... QQ MORE
yuup, soon as that comes out I am converting but until then it's all about swtor

golfwang
12.13.2011 , 03:48 PM | #17

oh and... QQ MORE
what will you say when they add an arena?

Lucioon
12.13.2011 , 03:52 PM | #18
This game hasn't been launched yet, there is no way to balance the guilds evenly, and then have the players that joins on the 20th to unbalance it.

Everyone who read the forums or check on any website that describes SWTOR knows that Empire has alot more players, so if you play the game create a main on the Republic side then it will balance out. If not, more cannon fodder for the Republics.

Besides, once you choosen a side its not like you can't create alts in the other factions. If you have such a huge problem, get your friends and join the other side or get others to join the Republic.

Compkiler
12.13.2011 , 03:54 PM | #19
God knows why no company brings out a pvp game like Dark age of camelot ??

By far the best pvp mmorg ever made and still is!

drealmer
12.13.2011 , 04:01 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Compkiler View Post
God knows why no company brings out a pvp game like Dark age of camelot ??

By far the best pvp mmorg ever made and still is!
yeah, and with improvements SWTOR could implement DAoC style of PvP SO easily if they just took a few minutes, it wouldn't adversely affect anything in the game as it is I don't think...ahhhhh well if they don't fix PvPing before I'm done with the story-lines, I'll cancel and simply wait for DOMINUS to satisfy my PvP, check that out, DAoC developers new game, looks like it has awesome potential.