Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A shame that Bioware doesnt care about PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A shame that Bioware doesnt care about PvP

Zolaz
12.13.2011 , 03:08 PM | #1
You can already see how PvP takes a back seat to devs in SWTOR. SEVERE guild imbalance and seeding of guilds. Bioware just slapped some stuff together and called it good.

Shane_cooper
12.13.2011 , 03:10 PM | #2
We will get nothing and we will like it.
Live slow. Die eventually. Leave an indifferently attractive corpse.

Jibberish
12.13.2011 , 03:12 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Zolaz View Post
You can already see how PvP takes a back seat to devs in SWTOR. SEVERE guild imbalance and seeding of guilds. Bioware just slapped some stuff together and called it good.
One of my guildies made a quote that made some sense... "hardcore players might tend to preorder and go darkside, but the guys that open the box and install on Christmas are more inclined to go light side and install after launch".

Are you seeing more Dark Side players at this time?? or just all over the boards?
J i b b e r i s h

jayderyu
12.13.2011 , 03:26 PM | #4
I loved PVP the way it is. WoW PVP had issues. Not that is was bad. WoW PVP had some good stuff too. However as Blizzard has admitted to regretting their implementation. The current SWTOR model is working.

They don't want quick kills. They don't want the Gear to be to separate. They want the gear for PVP and PVE. After a dozen games of Hutball. It's bloody awesome.

PVP should take backseat.

rivetOr
12.13.2011 , 03:27 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by jayderyu View Post
Seriously, posts like this make me sick.

NoseNuggets
12.13.2011 , 03:28 PM | #6
the beating will continue until moral improves.

Corwingeorge
12.13.2011 , 03:30 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by jayderyu View Post
I loved PVP the way it is. WoW PVP had issues. Not that is was bad. WoW PVP had some good stuff too. However as Blizzard has admitted to regretting their implementation. The current SWTOR model is working.

They don't want quick kills. They don't want the Gear to be to separate. They want the gear for PVP and PVE. After a dozen games of Hutball. It's bloody awesome.

i know this guy in rl, he cant beat me at chess

williambr
12.13.2011 , 03:36 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Zolaz View Post
Are you going to list some examples, something substantive? Or just make a broad generalized statement?

Bioware hates puppies and oranges!
Don't take me too seriously, I don't

gundamemo
12.13.2011 , 03:39 PM | #9
Guild war 2 is coming out soon, go play that if you are truly pvp hardcore or darkfall if you're into FFA style.

Star Wars is a big commercial IP that will obviously be casual centric... so pvper is not their target audience.

oh and... QQ MORE

Xertasian
12.13.2011 , 03:43 PM | #10
well ths argument been going on since the start of mmo's. everybody gonna like either pve or pvp. it is very hard for any game company to actually balance both aspects. if any gaming company can balance both pve and pvp to accomodate every player. then they will rule.

alas i doubt this will ever happen and people will always have this argument. but you never know Bioware might figure out a plan lil later down the line to make both sides happy. until then everybody must take the good with the bad.