Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Strongholds on Kashyyyk, Manaan, and Alderaan!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Strongholds on Kashyyyk, Manaan, and Alderaan!

casirabit
04.14.2016 , 12:34 PM | #21
I would only like Manaan if half the stronghold was underwater. If not then I wouldn't be interested.

Alderaan I would love as Alderaan always been my favorite second only to Naboo.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

DarthShadie
04.17.2016 , 12:48 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Berekkerent View Post
Here are three locations across the galaxy that I see as perfect choices for Bioware to develop into strongholds next. I will explain my reasoning at the end.

Manaan: Allows for a water based stronghold. You have access to rooms on the peaceful Manaan surface, and below, rooms that display the planet's deep and dangerous underwater depths. Probably unlikely, but an interesting feature idea: have a room that can only be accessed by crossing a small distance across the ocean floor, made possible by a stronghold exclusive set of underwater gear or something. Even if it were a relatively short or controlled path across, the fact that you can walk around and watch the silhouettes of the dangerous Manaan sharks lurking in the distance, among other things, is worth any cost for me.
RS UNIVERSE, BIOWARE!

Thank you for reading, if you agree, support these ideas by leaving feedback. The more people who see it and comment, the more attention it gets, I suppose. Good day.
Dude,
I am just waiting for a Manaan Stronghold!

The idea I had was to also have the outside balcony be a t water level and the stronghold, like Nar SHaddaa floats in the air, always floating with the tide. So part of the balcony has water on it and part of it is dry, but it's very clear that it's at water level.

I agree that an access to an underwater place accessible only by underwater gear would be brilliant, or a sub for that matter. Or even an underwater tunnel. You have rooms underwater, room above water level, and a passage that takes you deep down and you walk in a tunnel of glass. Beyond that tunnel's doors you are in water.

Or something like that.

I'd buy Manaan. I'd consider Kashyyk.

Something dreadful tells me though that the next stronghold is going to be Zakkul.
Game time/Cartel Coins/Credits @ discount (G2A):
https://www.g2a.com/r/darthshadie

Mains: Rosiet / Shadiesse / Medeusa / Alagos

Pietrastor
04.17.2016 , 04:25 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthShadie View Post

Something dreadful tells me though that the next stronghold is going to be Zakkul.
If there's even going to be next stronghold at all. Seeing how succesful the decorations are in driving gameplay reward incentive and Cartel Packs sales, one would think they would be adding new strongholds way more often than once a year. Nothing was even hinted at so obviously there won't be one coming out in the next 2/3 months and that's a year after Yavin and 2 years since Strongholds launched

DarthShadie
04.17.2016 , 11:41 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
If there's even going to be next stronghold at all. Seeing how succesful the decorations are in driving gameplay reward incentive and Cartel Packs sales, one would think they would be adding new strongholds way more often than once a year. Nothing was even hinted at so obviously there won't be one coming out in the next 2/3 months and that's a year after Yavin and 2 years since Strongholds launched
Me cries but methinks you're right.

They need to up their game and add more strongholds, like seriously man!

Capella
04.21.2016 , 07:59 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
I really wish we'd get another one announced for the summer. Maybe on May 4, they'll announce an upcoming one - or maybe they'll have a surprise unveiling of a new one with no warning.

I am also surprised they're not doing more of them. As long as they do them on existing planets they can benefit from asset re-use. I don't know how long it takes to design a new SH but surely it's faster than designing a new KOTFE chapter? They know people a.) buy SHs with CCs; b.) buy general or deco packs from the CM, so they get real money from them. The only thing I can think of is they don't want to go over 5 now that 5 is the active limit.
The Sunfall Legacy - Ebon Hawk
Max-level chars: Capella (Guardian) ; Ishev (Commando) ; Thyreophora (Vanguard) ; Auriva (Juggernaut) ; Khouris (Sorcerer) ; Xadhira (Marauder)
Please fix the Zabrak skin tone bug!

Xina_LA
04.21.2016 , 02:07 PM | #26
Five wasn't always the active limit. It probably wouldn't be hard to make it six...

Where ever the new stronghold is, assuming we get one, I hope it has some really interesting feature to make it stand out from existing locations.

* Manaan is awesome because it could be underwater.
* Ilum would be fantastic, because we don't have a night time stronghold and the Ilum sky is amazing.
* Kashyyyk would rock if it was up in giant trees.
* Alderaan could be set high in the mountains with an occasional, light snowfall.

Regardless, I'm hoping for a stronghold that has straight walls without giant floor boards. I hate trying to slide objects up against the walls when the wall is slanted (Yavin 4), the wall is curved (Tatooine), or the floorboard cuts into the item (most SHs). Leaving a gap just looks weird to me. Hopefully it will just have a decorative, FLAT border.

I also hope it doesn't have an elevator. I hate zoning and have a strong preference for stairs.

Finally, I hope they don't escalate the price of the room unlocks above what things already cost. In fact, wouldn't it be awesome if they slightly decreased the prices on existing strongholds when a new one is released?

Pietrastor
04.22.2016 , 06:27 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
Regardless, I'm hoping for a stronghold that has straight walls without giant floor boards. I hate trying to slide objects up against the walls when the wall is slanted (Yavin 4), the wall is curved (Tatooine), or the floorboard cuts into the item (most SHs). Leaving a gap just looks weird to me. Hopefully it will just have a decorative, FLAT border.

I also hope it doesn't have an elevator. I hate zoning and have a strong preference for stairs.
I just hope new SH ain't too big. Tatooine and Yavin are enough, they already take ages to decorate (properly).

Medium-sized house like Nar Shaddaa should come next.

Collec
04.23.2016 , 05:02 AM | #28
I am just hoping,that they reveal something..anything about new stronghold. And with May 4 around the corner,I really hope that at least on that day,they reveal something (and pleeeeeease let it be Manaan next )

EHKodiak
04.23.2016 , 11:05 AM | #29
That would be nice

DarthShadie
04.23.2016 , 04:10 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Collec View Post
I am just hoping,that they reveal something..anything about new stronghold. And with May 4 around the corner,I really hope that at least on that day,they reveal something (and pleeeeeease let it be Manaan next )
Yes, let us pray to the SWTOR gods that May the 4th will reveal things. And it would be a good time to do it and a good reason to have kept hush hush up until now.