Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Force Light/Dark

flamingbug
12.24.2011 , 08:26 AM | #1
Hey guys/girls, I don't know where to post this and I couldn't find a post like this, cause I actually just don't know where I'd have to look for it... I was just wondering what all the differences were if you picked light side choices or dark side ones...

cheers!

GrandAdmrlThrawn
12.24.2011 , 08:31 AM | #2
Well most of the time it's the difference between killing someone and not killing someone (or talking about killing someone or saving someone).
Master Jedi
"Q: Which side of an Ewok has the most fur? A: The outside!" - Jacen Solo

flamingbug
12.24.2011 , 08:32 AM | #3
no I meant like, in the end... what do you get for being dark or light?

GrandAdmrlThrawn
12.24.2011 , 08:34 AM | #4
I haven't gotten that far but I imagine that it doesn't really do anything other than max out your light or dark and just the experience of making those choices along the way. Some gear requires you to be a certain level of light or dark so choosing one or the other is beneficial as far as equipping certain armor or weapons.
Master Jedi

flamingbug
12.24.2011 , 08:38 AM | #5
oh I did find some titles

Light Side
Respectable Tier 1
Upstanding Tier 2
Honorable Tier 3
Pure Tier 4
Benevolent Tier 5

Dark Side
Vicious Tier 1
Sinister Tier 2
Destructive Tier 3
Loathsome Tier 4
Malevolent Tier 5

but I guess there must be more than this to it..

Synti
12.24.2011 , 08:39 AM | #6
Haven't gotten that far either, mainly seems it is a cosmetic and RP factor in the game. Fits me really well because I've been playing story-driven RPGs since I was a kid and I always consider my characters very deeply and the light/dark side element is a way to express that.

flamingbug
12.24.2011 , 08:41 AM | #7
yea true, but I allready found that when I inspect someone they all seem to be neutral.. or this must've been a huuuuuge coincidence or the stuff is bugged..

GrandAdmrlThrawn
12.24.2011 , 08:46 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by flamingbug View Post
yea true, but I allready found that when I inspect someone they all seem to be neutral.. or this must've been a huuuuuge coincidence or the stuff is bugged..
Well every player starts off neutral and it takes a while to start showing the effects of your choices so if you're still in areas where people are level 10 or 15 it isn't going to show very much and they'll still appear to be neutral.
Master Jedi

Ambonizuka
12.24.2011 , 09:41 AM | #9
The light and dark side have their rank like Dark I, Dark II. Each side will have items that only one of the side are able to use, I haven't take a more detail look at the items difference though~

Cadiva
12.24.2011 , 09:49 AM | #10
There are items, weapons armour etc, which are specifically for Dark or Light side and which you have to be of a specific rank to use. There's very few neutral ones however which is why you're supposed to take a choice towards one or the other path.
*I am not a smurf*