Dear Bioware: Will we ever get prequel-style Jedi outfits?

Alec_Fortescue

I've been begging and begging for three years. You trashed the hood toggle and I gave up on it. But why are there so little unarmored Jedi outfits in a role-playing Star Wars game? Why are there no prequel-style outfits in-game, despite them appearing in various SWTOR-related media?

Are there any technological issues with adding outfits like those: http://i.imgur.com/9ha8ELu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/2NoBT6o.jpg http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090320221709/starwars/images/5/59/ThreeJedi.jpg

We've seen you making long sleeves now and they look and work great. We've seen you make leg-pieces which featured the continuation of the chest piece (3.0 craftable gear) and works very well with long robes (no clipping).

Where is the issue, Bioware? Licensing?

I can understand that, perhaps, you might have had a different vision of Jedi outfitting for this game / era but what's the point now considering how many ridiculous and out-of-reality outfits are being delivered through the cartel market? And if that would've been the case, then iconic Jedi outfits wouldn't appear in promotional art work.

It's really surprising that they haven't made it into the game. Please, can I ask for an answer in this matter? It's been three years. :[

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and yet plenty of outfits are released on a monthly basis despite the other game's needs. Afaik the team designing cartel market stuff is separate from whoever is fixing bugs. but you just have to argue with me

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I agree with the OP, I bought the valiant jedi outfit from the cartel market because I couldnt stand most other jedi outfits, would love to have proper robes, or other variations of rob/armor and even armor without robe.

The current outfits are alittle over the top, wish they could just tone some down abit, atleast for the more traditional classes

I agree with the OP, I bought the valiant jedi outfit from the cartel market because I couldnt stand most other jedi outfits, would love to have proper robes, or other variations of rob/armor and even armor without robe.

The current outfits are alittle over the top, wish they could just tone some down abit, atleast for the more traditional classes

Thank you.

and yet plenty of outfits are released on a monthly basis despite the other game's needs. Afaik the team designing cartel market stuff is separate from whoever is fixing bugs. but you just have to argue with me

" Just have to argue with you " you're some important folk that I'm unaware of?

Actually it would be great if bioware could just sit and make you said outfit, would mean they wouldn't have problems with the game, and spare enough time to grant these wishes to single folks :)

But, yeah, stuff's happening, affecting cm also imo. Notice how packs come around every month or so. 5 weeks-ish since 1st revanite pack batch came out, no new pack ( acolyte, according to collections ) , and no eta on its release.

so.. end of the day, in your original post you asked what's the problem, if it's licensing, or else. Answer to that most likely is Messed up state of the game currently. :(

I've been begging and begging for three years. You trashed the hood toggle and I gave up on it. But why are there so little unarmored Jedi outfits in a role-playing Star Wars game? Why are there no prequel-style outfits in-game, despite them appearing in various SWTOR-related media?

Are there any technological issues with adding outfits like those: http://i.imgur.com/9ha8ELu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/2NoBT6o.jpg http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090320221709/starwars/images/5/59/ThreeJedi.jpg

We've seen you making long sleeves now and they look and work great. We've seen you make leg-pieces which featured the continuation of the chest piece (3.0 craftable gear) and works very well with long robes (no clipping).

Where is the issue, Bioware? Licensing?

I can understand that, perhaps, you might have had a different vision of Jedi outfitting for this game / era but what's the point now considering how many ridiculous and out-of-reality outfits are being delivered through the cartel market? And if that would've been the case, then iconic Jedi outfits wouldn't appear in promotional art work.

It's really surprising that they haven't made it into the game. Please, can I ask for an answer in this matter? It's been three years. :[

Wanna know something funny Alec?

With that wording, I'm prefectly fine with supporting this request.

No demanding tone, no referring to them as "traditional" and no talk about how the current jedi outfits are "wrong".

Perfectly reasonable post asking for a certain type of outfit from the star wars mythos.

Come on BW, give the man what he needs.

Wanna know something funny Alec?

With that wording, I'm prefectly fine with supporting this request.

No demanding tone, no referring to them as "traditional" and no talk about how the current jedi outfits are "wrong".

Perfectly reasonable post asking for a certain type of outfit from the star wars mythos.

Come on BW, give the man what he needs.

What happened to you? New Year, new person?

no new pack ( acolyte, according to collections ) , and no eta on its release.

Actually, there is an ETA on its release.

SWTOR posted pictures of outfits from it on their tumbler account the other day, but swiftly removed them again.

BUT, in one of the posts at least it stated that it was "coming next week" and this was on the 7th.

So I fully expect the next pack to be released on the 13th.

Now, please, ask Bioware for them prequel-style Jedi robes which, I am sure, you really, really, really want! :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :mad:

I feed off your suffering. They must continue to deny you all these wondrous Traditional Jedi Robes, as long as my spirit prevails.

NOW SUFFER SOME MORE!!! :mad:

* contorts maniacally *

isn't the Relnex robe set pretty much what you are asking for?

then there is Kreia's set, although the hood covers the eyes.

There are a few, not many, already in game.

Relnex robe is very badly done, has bad textures, short sleeves and belt on the outside of the robe. It also has no matching trousers which should be done in a similar fashion like those for the recent craftable outfits.

Wouldn't the Kreia outfit with a "normal" hood be pretty much what you're asking for?

yeah, different (pref hood down) hood and different chest texture and pants similar to the 3.0 craftable gear. High humble hero-like boots and no need for any gloves / bracers. :)

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

yeah, different (pref hood down) hood and different chest texture and pants similar to the 3.0 craftable gear.

So you want an extremely specific set of gear suitable to your personal interests, not just jedi robes that resemble jedi robes.

So you want an extremely specific set of gear suitable to your personal interests, not just jedi robes that resemble jedi robes.

I find it odd bioware didnt follow the films more closely when it comes to gear. Some of them are just odd and look very out of place. I would love to use the prequel jedi outfit without the robe for a more actiony look.

For such a game where looks are so important id think the devs would be more inclined to create cool looking gear. Same can be said to some degree for Bounty Hunters

I find it odd bioware didnt follow the films more closely when it comes to gear. Some of them are just odd and look very out of place. I would love to use the prequel jedi outfit without the robe for a more actiony look.

For such a game where looks are so important id think the devs would be more inclined to create cool looking gear. Same can be said to some degree for Bounty Hunters

While I wouldn't be particularly upset if they did put out an exact replica of the movies' Jedi Robes (that particular outfit has a 'timeless' quality), I like that for this game (which is set over 3,000 years before the movies) they took the approach of releasing gear that is evocative of the movies' look, without copying them directly.

When I'm playing TOR, I'd rather see TOR's take on Bounty Hunters.

Edited by DarthDymond

I also agree with the OP, it would be nice to see these in game, especially Anakin's garb. I came close to it by getting the Humble Hero set and using a black/black dye in it, but it would be nice to have an actual copy of some of those prequel movie and clone wars cartoon outfits.