Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Conquest


LadyKulvax's Avatar


LadyKulvax
01.07.2015 , 12:30 AM | #11
Sith Interdictor Cruisers.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Silenceo's Avatar


Silenceo
01.07.2015 , 12:35 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Sith Interdictor Cruisers.
Tricky one indeed.

However, if we go by the pictures we have of it, we can get a rough estimate since its length is 600.

For example, this picture shows the wedge of the rear of the vessel where it is widest, as well as a the length in front.

From that picture I would estimate that it is about half as wide as it is long, 1/3 at the shortest. Much like how it actually doesn't list the width of a ISD, but due to angles and such I went with 1/2. It seems fairly accurate when judging wedge shaped ships so far.

So for the Sith Interdictor Cruiser, it would be 600 x 300 / 2 to begin.

Hope I was helpful.

Another picture that shows good dimensions is this one.
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

LadyKulvax's Avatar


LadyKulvax
01.07.2015 , 12:37 AM | #13
Most excellent, thank you.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Silenceo's Avatar


Silenceo
01.07.2015 , 12:47 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Most excellent, thank you.
Looking forward to what you come up with.
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
01.07.2015 , 01:05 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Silenceo View Post
Looking forward to what you come up with.
Would you say the Majestic is about 700 x 200, or 700 x 350 or what do you think???

Silenceo's Avatar


Silenceo
01.07.2015 , 01:12 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
Would you say the Majestic is about 700 x 200, or 700 x 350 or what do you think???
Difficult to say due to those wings it has and so few pictures. Hmm...

Due to its skeletal appearance and the fact that the wings do not align with the rest of the vessel, I am tempted to say it would be closer to 700 x 200. While with the wings it would be 700 x 350, the fact that the wings are out by themselves cuts off a lot of the area.

Of course, a rough estimate only. Though, due to all of its systems, it might be classifiable as state of the art. At worst advanced.

Side Note: If you look closely you can see that the main engines are in fact a square, and use that to compare length vs width. So since it is 700, the engine looks to be about 1/5 or so, coming out to around 140. HOWEVER, you have to add in the wings as well, so it would come back to above 200. Curse them wings!
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
01.07.2015 , 01:14 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Silenceo View Post
Difficult to say due to those wings it has and so few pictures. Hmm...

Due to its skeletal appearance and the fact that the wings do not align with the rest of the vessel, I am tempted to say it would be closer to 700 x 200. While with the wings it would be 700 x 350, the fact that the wings are out by themselves cuts off a lot of the area.

Of course, a rough estimate only. Though, due to all of its systems, it might be classifiable as state of the art. At worst advanced.
Ya I was thinking it was likely "state of the art" when looking at it... still I want the ship... every one KNEW this ship would be on my roster... I'll do worst case scenario.... Going to find some Corvette's and the like to support it later.... something fast . take advantage of those 90 second spin up times.... and Class 1 Hyperdrives....


Edit: what do you think the size of a Liberator Cruiser is... it doesnt specify anything....


to the afterthough.... ya my thoughts exactly that thing has A LOT of advanced systems....

Silenceo's Avatar


Silenceo
01.07.2015 , 01:19 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
Ya I was thinking it was likely "state of the art" when looking at it... still I want the ship... every one KNEW this ship would be on my roster... I'll do worst case scenario.... Going to find some Corvette's and the like to support it later.... something fast . take advantage of those 90 second spin up times.... and Class 1 Hyperdrives....
Just noticed its backup is class 10... Going by how this games hypderdrive's are judged, you are lucky i designated all backups to 6. Otherwise it would take more time to travel using that, than to stop and repair in the midst of space. Becuase if 6 is one... 7 would be .5, 8 would be .25, 9 would bet .125 and 10 would be .0625 of a space moved per day... Even worse in the core! So yeah... THAT is limping...

Oh, and added a side note to my last post regarding the Majestic.

Side Note: Aye, I knew you would have those somewhere, though I do wonder what other ones you will make use of, even more so which fighters/bombers.

After Thought: After a little more thought, Majectic would be classified as State of the Art due to how advanced all of its systems are. Fair is fair Tune.
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
01.07.2015 , 01:22 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Silenceo View Post
Just noticed its backup is class 10... Going by how this games hypderdrive's are judged, you are lucky i designated all backups to 6. Otherwise it would take more time to travel using that, than to stop and repair in the midst of space. Becuase if 6 is one... 7 would be .5, 8 would be .25, 9 would bet .125 and 10 would be .0625 of a space moved per day... Even worse in the core! So yeah... THAT is limping...

Oh, and added a side note to my last post regarding the Majestic.

Side Note: Aye, I knew you would have those somewhere, though I do wonder what other ones you will make use of, even more so which fighters/bombers.
Most probably know what a majority of my bombers are going to be honestly....... havent quite figured out all my ships yet myself... I am like a kid in a candy store .

Silenceo's Avatar


Silenceo
01.07.2015 , 01:26 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
Most probably know what a majority of my bombers are going to be honestly....... havent quite figured out all my ships yet myself... I am like a kid in a candy store .
He's onto me!

Customization is the name of the game, though likely won't be seen terribly much until everyone is setup decently.

Gotta figure out how to handle designs and blueprints. Can't just let people have all the epic stuff available right off the bat.
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...