Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which class is the "best healer" for pve?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Which class is the "best healer" for pve?

renegadeimp
12.24.2011 , 08:10 AM | #1
Hello all. So after getting my tank to a decentley high level, i'm considering taking a break while my friend catches up, and levelling an alt with intentions of being a healer at endgame.

Does anyone have any experience or words of wisdom on different healing classes?

I should note, i primarily play sith characters.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Chomag
12.24.2011 , 08:12 AM | #2
Inquisitor is the best healer due to having way more resources than the other healers, as force regenerates much faster than ammo.
Hard mode: Play Republic
Nightmare mode: Play Republic on a pvp server
Are you man enough for the challenge ? Aunt Satele wants YOU.
Republic. No kids allowed.

Haasth
12.24.2011 , 08:15 AM | #3
Sage/Sorcerer are apparently most complete as of now. But again, that is as of now.
They will all be better than others at one point, they will all have their moment of being the 'best' healer at some point in this game's lifespan but they will all be viable and capable healers.

I don't regret a second of picking a Combat Medic (Trooper) and am doing more than fine.
Just pick the healer you think you'd like best, not the healer that is best right now. They will all be viable healers.

Sun-Runner
12.24.2011 , 11:53 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
Hello all. So after getting my tank to a decently high level, i'm considering taking a break while my friend catches up, and leveling an alt with intentions of being a healer at endgame.

Does anyone have any experience or words of wisdom on different healing classes?

I should note, i primarily play sith characters.
I've found that I am a more effective healer as an operative than I am as a sorcerer. I've not tried healing as a mercenary.

Trevalon
12.24.2011 , 11:56 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
Inquisitor is the best healer due to having way more resources than the other healers, as force regenerates much faster than ammo.
This statement is the most false statement I have seen all day long.

Force is BY FAR the slowest stat to regen in the game, if you run out of Force you may as well just /quit because you wont be getting that force back anytime soon.

My friend that I play with has played our main raid healer for every MMO since 1999 EQ and He has played a Sorcerer, Operative, and now a Commando being a main healer for all 3.

From watching him play and what he says the Commando is far and above the better healer of the 3, followed by the Operative, and then way down at the bottom was the Sorc.

At 50, yes Sorcs get better, but their mana issues are much more problematic than those of Commandos/Scoundrels

freddyfear
12.24.2011 , 12:13 PM | #6
They are more or less equal, the difference lies in personal skills and preferences.

dutch-master
01.17.2012 , 01:48 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Trevalon View Post
Force is BY FAR the slowest stat to regen in the game, if you run out of Force you may as well just /quit because you wont be getting that force back anytime soon.
You forgot to mention that you were bad at every MMO since '99, sorcerers have quite a bit of regen, maybe you didn't figure out how...

I play either corruption/madness and consumption/sith efficacy = UNLIMITED POWA

Dominoris
01.17.2012 , 02:26 PM | #8
Jedi Counselor Sage Seer if you are Republic. Sith Inqusitor Sorcerer Corruption if you are Empire.

But the differenece between the various healers can be minimal. They really are all viable healers.
Clones are people two.

Saviorofcamelot
01.17.2012 , 03:24 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Trevalon View Post
This statement is the most false statement I have seen all day long.

My friend that I play with has played our main raid healer for every MMO since 1999 EQ and He has played a Sorcerer, Operative, and now a Commando being a main healer for all 3.

From watching him play and what he says the Commando is far and above the better healer of the 3, followed by the Operative, and then way down at the bottom was the Sorc.

At 50, yes Sorcs get better, but their mana issues are much more problematic than those of Commandos/Scoundrels
My sage never runs out of force because I can kill myself to regen force...

My Scoundrel never runs out of energy because I rotate my energy based heals with my free heals so my energy level never drops below 60%. If I started spamming big heals I would be out of energy in 8 seconds and then i'd be screwed.
Kamikazi - 40+ Scoundrel Healer - The Courageous
Kamikazi - 50 Sage Healer- Jedi Covenant

Drunkasaurus
01.17.2012 , 05:19 PM | #10
I think it's something like...

Sage has the best single target burst
Smuggler has better steady long term healing with proper energy management
Trooper has best aoe

They're all very comparable though. Just play what you like. In this game, skill > gear > class, tbh.