Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to get a refund...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vilda
12.24.2011 , 08:55 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Alexsama View Post
The "firewall" is the error code. If my computer couldn't handle it (assuming the error code didn't exisit) the game would just crash.
And what do you thing that error code is for? That means the game crashes. Error code is there to tell you (and potentially to developer) why it does so.
And it is some important piece of hardware, because I was able to start the game on notebook with Radeon Xpress. I didn't see any 3D graphic, mid you, but I was able to start it. So your system is lacking something important.

Lohhan
12.24.2011 , 08:56 AM | #22
Is it even possible to refund a retail version of the game? Unless they unlock Error Code 7 and allow below min spec to play I am out USD for a game.
You bought a game to play on a machine that doesn't meet the required specs and want a refund?

Alexsama
12.24.2011 , 08:58 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
With every post you give more incorrect information. THe ONLY thing stopping you playing this game is the fact that you refuse to upgrade your system to meet or exceed the minimum requirements for this game.

There are no blocks put in place by bioware or EA. The problem is, since your computer is such a low spec, as you initially claimed, your hardware is physically incapable of running this game.

Since you have yet to provide us with specs or a dxdiag log, we only have your word to go on. In which case, the answers you have been given are correct.

The only reason I haven't provided specs is because I am away from the computer in question... the one being on is even older and more sad.

Please read http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=35738 the official thread on the issue. I am not only one with a Pentium 4 Windows XP being locked out. If you are not aware of what Error code 7 it, it is generated after a scan of your system being run right after pressing play. It has nothing to do whether your computer can ACTually play the game rather what it THINKS you computer can handle. Like I said if I can get SKYRIM to play (granted super doom fps) then this game should be fine enough.

ChipHazard
12.24.2011 , 09:01 AM | #24
And you might have been able to get a refund for a non-functioning product if you had kept your receipt, although I don't know how jerkish gamestop are about refunds.
I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

Castellan Crowe - Hydian Way.

antarious
12.24.2011 , 09:02 AM | #25
As to the question... you would have to contact your place of purchase and see what they say. If you didn't buy direct from BioWare/EA they may refer you to them.

Most places that sell computer games have a policy similar to:

"We reserve the right to limit returns to unopened or defective products. Defective product(s) will be replaced with a like item, upon return. "

Especially when it comes to something like an MMO. If you buy from a 3rd party they have no way to invalidate the retail key you used. So you would in effect end up with a free copy of the game. You don't need discs when you can simply download the client.

I'm not sure what EA/Biowares policy is... but since they would have the ability to remove access to the game (for that retail key) maybe...
I don't use a forum Avatar. It makes it too easy for a Bounty Hunter to match you up to the wanted Holo's.

renegadeimp
12.24.2011 , 09:03 AM | #26
The only reason I haven't provided specs is because I am away from the computer in question... the one being on is even older and more sad.

Please read http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=35738 the official thread on the issue. I am not only one with a Pentium 4 Windows XP being locked out. If you are not aware of what Error code 7 it, it is generated after a scan of your system being run right after pressing play. It has nothing to do whether your computer can ACTually play the game rather what it THINKS you computer can handle. Like I said if I can get SKYRIM to play (granted super doom fps) then this game should be fine enough.
Sigh. I'll say it again. You are not being locked out. Your hardware is physically incapable of running this game.

I'm starting to think this is simply a troll thread now.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Lohhan
12.24.2011 , 09:04 AM | #27

Minimum requirements are posted for a reason. So you know if the game will run on your machine before you buy it. Your complaining because you bought the game anyway and are now upset because it won't run on your P4 when it says that you need an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4000 or better or an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0 Ghz or better.

HubertoHub
12.24.2011 , 09:04 AM | #28
If EA doesn't want low end users on their system that is their right; but they should make it clearer next time at least.
EA doesn't want low end users on their servers, which is why they created and posted the minimum specs required. Not suggested, not a "nice to have", but required. As for the mortgage analogy, I see it a different way. It would be as if you bought a prefabricated home which was too big for the land you owned and assumed the house would fit. When it didn't you've gone back to the manufacturer and said: "Whoops, my bad. Can I have my money back?".

Alexsama
12.24.2011 , 09:08 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
Sigh. I'll say it again. You are not being locked out. Your hardware is physically incapable of running this game.

I'm starting to think this is simply a troll thread now.

Well if that was true then SWTOR must be way more advanced then compared to SKYRIM...

Alexsama
12.24.2011 , 09:08 AM | #30
Look all I am asking is for deferred game time or something. What is wrong with that?