The Ebon Hawk - Flight Firefight Night every Wednesday!

Nemarus

Eclipse Squadron, the largest GSF guild on The Ebon Hawk (perhaps on any server), will be queuing en masse every Wednesday from 8pm to 1am, EST.

Our hope is to form the kernel of a wide queuing effort on The Ebon Hawk, to both teach and encourage new pilots, and to keep veterans energized into the new year.

If we face serious, consolidated competition, we may superqueue in response, but in general we will be trying to fly in smaller wings of 2-3 Eclipse Squadron pilots, who can then help carry and teach newer pilots.

Pilots from other servers are welcome, though I would say the spirit of this event is not "super serious", at least not yet. Instead, we are trying to "keep the flame burning" on GSF--especially for new pilots--as we enter the new year.

As always, if you are interested in joining Eclipse Squadron, visit the link in my signature!

Edited by Nemarus

Saberwing - the largest GSF guild for the Republic on the Ebon Hawk - heartily supports this event!

If you are looking for a group you can do a /cjoin GSF (this works for both Republic and Imperial sides) or a /cjoin SBR (Pub side) to ask for a group. Groups of 4 will be balanced to have newer pilots paired with those with more experience within our ops groups.

Our voice chat will be available for this event as well. Saberwing TS Info: sabercult.com pw: darkbluecheese

Looking forward to flying with and against you folks!

Our first Wednesday was great fun! I'm hoping more will stop by to join us or fly against us!

Remember, we're trying to recruit new pilots as much as veterans. Instead of forming full premades, creates wings of 2 vets, 2 new pilots!

What did this link to? The link appears to be dead.

Yeah it says I don't have sufficient privileges, but I am a subscriber so I shouldn't have any restrictions to forums outside internal and testing.

Back on topic, I am a JtL veteran, from the Starsider Convergence days. Mainly flew a suicide squint, but on one pilot I flew a YT-2400. I dabbled with GSF when it launched but couldn't get the hang of it, as I have always done any kind of flight with a joystick or controller. Trying to get the hang now though. I would very much like to join up for the Wednesday events.

Back on topic, I am a JtL veteran, from the Starsider Convergence days. Mainly flew a suicide squint, but on one pilot I flew a YT-2400. I dabbled with GSF when it launched but couldn't get the hang of it, as I have always done any kind of flight with a joystick or controller. Trying to get the hang now though. I would very much like to join up for the Wednesday events.

To help you find a group, and to answer any GSF questions you might have, join the custom chat channel: /cjoin

gsf (if you haven't already). If any eclipse squadron pilots are on, many are willing to group if you ask (imperial side) and pubs have a number of helpful pilots as well.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd like to thank the visiting pilots The Ebon Hawk received last night, such as Verain, Aimbot, Despon, etc. There were at least two very strong premades flying, unfortunately our group never clashed with Verain and Aimbot's. Hopefully we can keep attracting more good pilots to these nights for better fights!

Yeah it says I don't have sufficient privileges, but I am a subscriber so I shouldn't have any restrictions to forums outside internal and testing.

I also played around that time though I was on Chimaera, though I'll tell you Raja's on jung ma right now if you want to hang out with him

So this post got me all nostalgic about SWG.... did some reading *sob*

A glimpse of the cool "types" of things we had in SWG that we will never see in GSF

*Pours one out for the homies*

I had a couple gunboats and the guild / pilots to actually man it properly. We used to sit two gunboats about 1k apart from one another with both counter rotated in relation to one another. That along with a wing of fighters swirling around in a deathball...... it was *********** BEAUTIFUL and I wish the dev team here had half the inspiration to bring us something even 1% as cool as some of the stuff we could do already (fracking years ago mind you)

Multi turret (manned) ships.... DIVERSE weapon systems... ships with vastly differing roles....Neutral ship classes....how did that game die.... oh yeah (SWTOR)

On Topic: I think I am going to miss this one but sounds like a blast, ill try to catch the next one (and get a ship ready in the meantime) Nice to see other people working to organize their community... kudos!

Edited by DamascusAdontise

I'd like to thank the visiting pilots The Ebon Hawk received last night, such as Verain, Aimbot, Despon, etc. There were at least two very strong premades flying, unfortunately our group never clashed with Verain and Aimbot's. Hopefully we can keep attracting more good pilots to these nights for better fights!

I know I ran into Despon.

And you, Sirenis, Mae-thon, Felthorn, and Akashi. All at the same time.

I'm still looking for pieces of my ships. Seriously though, last night was a blast and I'm glad to see that sort of participation. Looking forward to next week.

Not sure where Lasix and Neevare came from, but they worked very well together. And then Drako and some guy with a B-name too. All in Gunships, all covering each other very well.

Not the most fun thing to fly against, but I cannot deny their coordination. :)

Not sure where Lasix and Neevare came from, but they worked very well together. And then Drako and some guy with a B-name too. All in Gunships, all covering each other very well.

Not the most fun thing to fly against, but I cannot deny their coordination. :)

Just so everyone knows "Drako" on republic side Ebonhawk is not me.

It was good fun, a group of us migrated from Shadowlands after people had finished GSF quests and the event came up in conversation.

After a bit of consideration a "no mercy" policy was decided on, but there was a lot of flying of ships that aren't at the top of the meta in the games where we knew the opposing side was likely to have difficulty.

This sounds like an excellent idea. Most particularly, I like that it's not meant to be "super serious", but rather just as a way to help out new pilots get some fast pops and good matches/training.

How is it working out so far? Are the queue fairly balanced? I imagine popping over to the other side when things are unbalanced probably helps keep things fun.

This sounds like an excellent idea. Most particularly, I like that it's not meant to be "super serious", but rather just as a way to help out new pilots get some fast pops and good matches/training.

How is it working out so far? Are the queue fairly balanced? I imagine popping over to the other side when things are unbalanced probably helps keep things fun.

The first one was fairly balanced. The second one was fairly Imperial-heavy. By the end of the night, we were in wargames pretty consistently--but they were awesome wargames, since Eclipse Squadron pilots were spread out in teams with newer pilots.

This week was a bit of a mix. It's certainly been good for getting people into [Gsf].

• 2 weeks later...
The first one was fairly balanced. The second one was fairly Imperial-heavy. By the end of the night, we were in wargames pretty consistently--but they were awesome wargames, since Eclipse Squadron pilots were spread out in teams with newer pilots.

This week was a bit of a mix. It's certainly been good for getting people into [Gsf].

Looks good, I hope it continues to bring in new people (and most importantly: retaining them).

Played for a couple of hours had a pretty good time, sry to Sriia for focusing the hell out of you that one deathmatch, it seemed like you were just always in my sights.

I was, but I didn't feel like you were intentionally trying to make my life difficult or anything. I knew what I was in for when I flew a gunship. I actually had a lot of fun trying to stay alive once you decided you wanted to put more holes in my Quarrel. That's something I'm still working on, and I felt like that match was good practice.

• 2 months later...