status of each class in Ranked WZ

Highsis

I'm hatred assassin and have played more than 200 RWZ since 3.0.

Bare in mind that this is a personal opinion.

From the most op to least op, using empire class names

Tier 1 - Broken as hell

1. Sins

- sins are virtually perfect with no weaknesses. they can't be taken down easily, either. I get focus fired all the time but I am usually the one that survives to the end thanks to phasewalk, shroud, and cloak. it's king of 1vs1 and has a descent AOE.

2. sorcs

-great survivability and great AOE+healing. sins usually stomp them on 1vs1 though.

Tier 2 - clearly op

3. PowerTech

-insane bursts. However, not as bad as sins/sorcs because they are easy to shut down/kill

Tier 3 - mediocre

4. juggernaut

-pretty good. can't compare to op classes though.

5.operative

-benefits from being a stealth. can stand on its own in wz.

Tier 4 - trash

6. mercenary

-can do some damage if left untouched, but doesn't survive long.

7. marauder

-utter garbage. simply compare them to sins. less DPS, less survivability, less AOE, no stealth, less utility. can do descent DPS if left alone but usually dies before that. often CCed till the end of wz.

8. sniper.

-dies in a flash. do they even have useful DC? Don't think so.

TL:DR: 3.0's class balance is perfect... not.

ps: taking advice weather mara or sniper is the worst in RWZ.

Edited by Highsis

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tier 1 - Broken as hell

1. Sins

- sins are virtually perfect with no weaknesses. they can't be taken down easily, either. I get focus fired all the time but I am usually the one that survives to the end thanks to phasewalk, shroud, and cloak. it's king of 1vs1 and has a descent AOE.

2. sorcs

-great survivability and great AOE+healing. sins usually stomp them on 1vs1 though.

Tier 2 - clearly op

3. PowerTech

-insane bursts. However, not as bad as sins/sorcs because they are easy to shut down/kill

Tier 3 - mediocre

4. juggernaut

5.operative

Tier 4 - trash

6. mercenary

7. marauder

-utter garbage. simply compare them to sins. less DPS, less survivability, less AOE, no stealth, less utility. can do descent DPS if left alone but usually dies before that. often CCed till the end of wz.

8. sniper.

Pretty much. 4x4 dps qs.

Tier 1 - Broken as hell

1. Sins

2. sorcs

Tier 2 - clearly op

3. PowerTech

Tier 3 - mediocre

4. juggernaut

5.operative

Tier 4 - trash

6. mercenary

7. marauder

8. sniper.

2 things:

If you are looking at 1on1, Sin is behind a Concealment OPs 10/10.

Snipers are painful in 4dd qs in yolo ranked, but can shine in group ranked as seen in tofn streams.

Sorry, snipers are nowhere near as awful as mercs / mandos. They at least have a defense screen that makes them 100 percent invincible for a time, and can quickly roll away and have more than one knock back. Not to mention they hit much harder. They should not be in the trash section. The rest is spot on. We all know BW hates BHs and Commandos and pretty much wants to make them useless.

Concealment cant burst? wait what?

Rofl you're DEFINITELY not going to solo me in concealment.

Bursting a target that has 9 seconds of full immunity against everything you do every minute?

Gl with that one.

Thought we were talking about dotspec at first.. me not being completely awake yet.

Anyways, concealment ops don't solo sins. If you are you are soloing bad sins.

Edited by Evolixe

Sorry, snipers are nowhere near as awful as mercs / mandos. They at least have a defense screen that makes them 100 percent invincible for a time, and can quickly roll away and have more than one knock back. Not to mention they hit much harder. They should not be in the trash section. The rest is spot on. We all know BW hates BHs and Commandos and pretty much wants to make them useless.

Lol, maras can do the same... With similar results.

Can you avoid the focus fire phase and insta-death in 3-4sec with one roll/screen/probe in yolo? Nope!

And "100 percent invincible for a time" is only for melee/ranged attacks.

BW wants to make BHs/mercs useless? What about the op PTs and the very good merc healing spec?

What a uniformed ******** comment :rolleyes:

The only thing that you have going for you is 5 secs of forceshroud, thats about it.

Rofl, im so known for being uninformed about assassins :)

You do realise that my combat stealth gives me 4 full seconds of resilience too, right?

Edited by Evolixe

Because I'll eat my socks on stream if you'll beat my shadow with a concealment operative :p

Your acting as if i cant do **** when you get your immunity up, i can refresh hots, i can roll and waste your shroud, i can apply my Volatile Substance while you have shroud up because thats a thing, or i can overload shoot you and hope for crits.

Well as an answer to your 12 sec immunity, i can roll 8-9 times per minute when using it wisely, there you go i have 12 secs immunity aswell :)

Your acting as if i cant do **** when you get your immunity up, i can refresh hots, i can roll and waste your shroud, i can apply my Volatile Substance while you have shroud up because thats a thing, or i can overload shoot you and hope for crits.

Well as an answer to your 12 sec immunity, i can roll 8-9 times per minute when using it wisely, there you go i have 12 secs immunity aswell :)

You can't roll **** when you're rooted. Problem solved.