Which classes on the Empire side have good light side storylines?

Volxen

The only class on the Empire side I have played through as light side is Imperial Agent, and I was thoroughly impressed. I think the light side options throughout the class storyline worked very well for the Imperial Agent. But I’m also contemplating playing through some of the other Empire side classes as light side, particularly Sith Inquisitor. In your opinion, which classes on the Empire side have good light side storylines? And for those of you who have played through multiple class storylines on the Empire side as light side, which of the light side class storylines did you enjoy the most?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only class on the Empire side I have played through as light side is Imperial Agent, and I was thoroughly impressed. I think the light side options throughout the class storyline worked very well for the Imperial Agent. But I’m also contemplating playing through some of the other Empire side classes as light side, particularly Sith Inquisitor. In your opinion, which classes on the Empire side have good light side storylines? And for those of you who have played through multiple class storylines on the Empire side as light side, which of the light side class storylines did you enjoy the most?

Only play Sith Inquisitor as a Lightside character if it is your intention to romance Ashara Zavros. Otherwise you will get far more enjoyment out of the class by being dark side. Seriously, half the fun of that class is constantly being able to hit people you don't like in Cutscenes with Force Lightning.

Sith Warrior is fun to play as a Lightside character because the entire point of the class story is to play your mentor figure for the fool that he is, and being Lightsided makes it all the more fun to do.

Bounty Hunter can go either way. But it is easier to romance Mako as lightsided. Not sure about the female romance options though.

LS Warrior is one of my favorites. I thought it was a lot of fun especially during chapter one. Plus, I enjoyed confusing the you know what out of the Jedi! :-D

LS Inquisitor was meh for me, same with DS. However, I very much enjoyed going gray for my inquisitor. I still got the joy from electrocuting, but there was always a reason other than being a psycho.

I prefer a middle road approach using the sith code as the basis for the choices. Cultivating power and removing the useless. LS sorcerer story is honestly the worst written piece I've ever seen if you go hard light side, just like if you go hard light side on sith warrior to. Ignoring the color bubbles completely and choose what you think your sith would do in that moment.

Light or Dark choices really have no meaning in this game, other than a few different choices in cut scenes.

I disable light side and dark side and pick what I think my character would say based on a personality I imagined he/she has.

Also going light side or dark side in this game doesn't actually mean dark side or light side of the force.

For example the warrior and inquisitor can have 10k Light side points and use dark side powers which doesn't make sense since dark side is supposed to be corrupting so using dark side powers and being full light is a paradox.

Edited by NecroMayre

I disable light side and dark side and pick what I think my character would say based on a personality I imagined he/she has.

Also going light side or dark side in this game doesn't actually mean dark side or light side of the force.

For example the warrior and inquisitor can have 10k Light side points and use dark side powers which doesn't make sense since dark side is supposed to be corrupting so using dark side powers and being full light is a paradox.

The whole mythology of Star Wars has gigantic, gaping plot holes in it, so trying to make sense of it is difficult to do. For instance, while people will say Luke Skywalker is a light sided Jedi Knight, he's clearly seen in pisode 6 Force Choking pig men, and people will try to contend that he isn't, despite the fact we see those pig men are grasping at their throats. If Luke killed them we don't know as that is never made clear, but he did Force Choke them.

Again, in other media, while it's often stated that Force Lightning is the power of the dark side only, we've seen at least one major instance of a light side character in EU using it, and that's with Starkiller. Honestly, the whole concept that the Force has a Light and Dark side is just dumb to begin with, as something that denotes life itself can't be good or evil, light or dark or whatever terminology.

My SI was crazy, he killed everyone and by everyone I mean everyone, even the guy that had no importance to the quest like a guy in the spaceport I still shocked them :), it's the freedom that the empira classes give you, you are known as butchers so why change their minds, I find dificult to play a Pub class beacuse you have to be cautious about what you do.

Oy, now this is a tricky question.

The problem is that a lot of the LS paths Imp side are about as morally righteous as the DS paths for Republic chars. The most morally upright Bounty Hunter, for example, is still pretty much guaranteed to murder people for the sake of their bounties (one of the things that frustrated me about playing a LS Bounty Hunter).

Still, to me, the Agent story's well set up for a heavy LS char. Its very much a James Bond story, albeit tied to a much less morally upright regime. The patriotic motive, while misplaced from a wider perspective, is still a very respectable one, and would leads to some great moments in the third act.

Oy, now this is a tricky question.

The problem is that a lot of the LS paths Imp side are about as morally righteous as the DS paths for Republic chars. The most morally upright Bounty Hunter, for example, is still pretty much guaranteed to murder people for the sake of their bounties (one of the things that frustrated me about playing a LS Bounty Hunter).

I played a LS BH and didn't kill a single mark and STILL managed to claim the bounties ether because my employer was an idiot or I was able to sell the 'worth more alive' line. You just chose the wrong LS options when you had more than 1.

Still, to me, the Agent story's well set up for a heavy LS char. Its very much a James Bond story, albeit tied to a much less morally upright regime. The patriotic motive, while misplaced from a wider perspective, is still a very respectable one, and would leads to some great moments in the third act.

I think that's more the result of the Dark Side options getting increasingly poor as you go along. My agent was 'grey' for most of Chapter 1, because there were a lot of good, nuanced LS and DS choices for getting things done. After that he started moving strongly light just because the DS options became more and more standard 'lolmurder', where you were just doing dark stuff for the lulz, not for any pragmatic reason.

I played a LS BH and didn't kill a single mark and STILL managed to claim the bounties ether because my employer was an idiot or I was able to sell the 'worth more alive' line. You just chose the wrong LS options when you had more than 1.

No, that's just lazy writing. This is why I am puzzled everytime people play the same class more than once just to experience the story from the different alignment angle. I am always going why? The story is the exact same very little changes except how the dialog is given in the end.

LS Sith Warrior all the way.

1. You got much more options: DS choice is pretty much kill someone. LS is a)don't kill them, or b) use them and then kill/spare them. Good plots: Lord Gratham affair on DK, or Jedi Knight Ally on Belsavis

my first playthrogh DS was just to duel him once the killing of Baras' sister is done. If you choose not to fight him, you even have an option to make him kill her in cold blood. Powerful moment

2. IMO it fits better the character. Playing honorable, efficient and ruthless only when necessary warrior, someone of Lord Praven (from JK story) kind. DS is mostly just brutish, as if you don't think, just kill anyone who has a different opinion.

3. The story seems more probable, with Baras etc

The whole mythology of Star Wars has gigantic, gaping plot holes in it, so trying to make sense of it is difficult to do. For instance, while people will say Luke Skywalker is a light sided Jedi Knight, he's clearly seen in pisode 6 Force Choking pig men, and people will try to contend that he isn't, despite the fact we see those pig men are grasping at their throats. If Luke killed them we don't know as that is never made clear, but he did Force Choke them.

Again, in other media, while it's often stated that Force Lightning is the power of the dark side only, we've seen at least one major instance of a light side character in EU using it, and that's with Starkiller. Honestly, the whole concept that the Force has a Light and Dark side is just dumb to begin with, as something that denotes life itself can't be good or evil, light or dark or whatever terminology.

I would argue that force choke is not, in fact, a 'dark side' power even if it is most commonly used by people that happen to be dark side. It is just bog standard telekinesis that happens to be applied to the throat, no more dark side then picking up a rock and flinging it at them with the intent to kill or using the force to help guide your lightsaber as you try to carve them up like a turkey.

Force Choke was ret-conned as a Dark Side power. It's just a form of telekinesis. Starkiller only really used force lightning when he was working for vader. In the novelization he stopped when he turned to the Light. Consider it dumb but the Lightside/Dark Side is a thing. Plus the novelization of Force Unleashed is more Canon than the game.

Also going light side or dark side in this game doesn't actually mean dark side or light side of the force. For example the warrior and inquisitor can have 10k Light side points and use dark side powers which doesn't make sense since dark side is supposed to be corrupting so using dark side powers and being full light is a paradox.

If you are talking about their use of things like "Force Lightning" while they are aligned with the Light Side of the Force, there is an Expanded Universe explanation for that. What they are actually using is a manifestation of Force Lightning that is referred to in the Expanded Universe as "Electric Judgment."

Now while Force Lightning is traditionally assumed to be primarily a dark side power, Electric Judgment on the other hand is primarily a light side power. The differences between the two is that at least according to the Expanded Universe sources, Electric Judgment allegedly gives off Yellow or Emerald lightning, while Force Lightning gives off Purple, Red, or Blue lightning.

Now while those are the traditional colors of these abilities, instances have occurred where Electric Judgment has had a color other than Emerald. Luke Skywalker's assumed use of Electric Judgment for example was a shade of blue. Additionally, anyone unfamiliar with Electric Judgment would automatically simply assume what they are using is just ordinary Force Lightning.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Electric_Judgment - relevant wiki article.

Edited by XantosCledwin

I have tried playing through as a LS Inquisitor but it feels just so .... off. Out of place. The character was very clearly to be written to be DS; you could make a LS decision and then the very next convo wheel has all 3 options being

1) nasty

2) slightly insance

3) murderous

and as a result there is often no continuous flow of being a nice guy during a conversation and the Inq turns into a bipolar Sith.

LS Warrior however is my favourite story in the game. You even feel more powerful than a DS warrior:

eg

On Corellia you can walk into a room of Jedi looking for a traitor and in the most confident and bad-*** way tell these Jedi you just want the 1 traitor amongst them and mean them no harm at all. You come across so self-assured and quietly confident and powerful. DS on the other hand really feels like the insecure frightened emo who has to kill everyone like he has something to prove.

Edited by Cotlu-Hunlon

I have tried playing through as a LS Inquisitor but it feels just so .... off. Out of place. The character was very clearly to be written to be DS; you could make a LS decision and then the very next convo wheel has all 3 options being

1) nasty

2) slightly insance

3) murderous

and as a result there is often no continuous flow of being a nice guy during a conversation and the Inq turns into a bipolar Sith.

LS Warrior however is my favourite story in the game. You even feel more powerful than a DS warrior:

eg

On Corellia you can walk into a room of Jedi looking for a traitor and in the most confident and bad-*** way tell these Jedi you just want the 1 traitor amongst them and mean them no harm at all. You come across so self-assured and quietly confident and powerful. DS on the other hand really feels like the insecure frightened emo who has to kill everyone like he has something to prove.

I'm sure that is a common reaction people have to seeing a character walk into a room and confidently state they are just going to kill everyone because **** it and casually killing half the room in the blink of an eye. You definitely aren't just biased and putting a stupid spin on something.

I'm sure that is a common reaction people have to seeing a character walk into a room and confidently state they are just going to kill everyone because **** it and casually killing half the room in the blink of an eye. You definitely aren't just biased and putting a stupid spin on something.

Of course I'm biased, LS Warrior is my favourite character and DS feels ridiculous in most situations. Nothing wrong with being biased when it comes to personal enjoyment

Both LS and DS inquisitors' dialogue is fairly dark (and all inquisitors are less than perfectly sane or at least have a wicked sense of humour, I'd say). A lot of the "LS" options paint the inquisitor as a philosopically-minded, compassionate and ... inquisitive individual. Along comes Random Sidequest N°705 and the line "I'll do it" comes out as "MURDER and MAYHEM await!!!11oneeleven!!"