Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lord Draahg *Spoilers*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Lord Draahg *Spoilers*

01.10.2012 , 12:27 PM | #21
as a Marauder I had a lot of problems with this fight. I use quinn (i cant imagine doing it without heals) and I died like 4 times before I realized that he puts red lighting on the ground that is what sucks your health away real fast. He also has a ravage ability that hurts alot. You can interrupt that. I finally beat it by running out of the lightning.. using the slowing ability (forget what its called) and kiting him around the room while force screaming and force choking him. Its definitely not an easy fight but I enjoyed it!!

01.10.2012 , 05:23 PM | #22
Cannot believe what I just did
From level 49 on was trying this quest would get to Draahg and get pretty m,uch messed up. 2 times i waited the full 10 minutes just to give it another shot wasted another 5k in buffs/meds, no dice.
Last night plow all the way through the area AGAIN, get him down to an inch. No dice. Try again today spend 1/2 hour getting all the way there, buff up. Ready to go.
Realize the quest now says "finish Draahg". I had killed him last night and died at the same time. so wasted about an hour total retracking and reclearing.

01.10.2012 , 09:13 PM | #23
So yeah, just finished my class story today and after reading through all the posts here, i was really anxious to see if it's really that hard.

Myself, I killed him in my 2nd attempt To be honest, the tactic I think works best on him is to simply blow every defensive cd you have one after another, pop trinkets and adrenals (if you have some) and outnuke him while moving out of bad stuff. I'm a marauder and used Jaesa and still had to camo my *** off + use Undying Rage when he murdered her (seriously, after her Blade Ward fell off, he must have chain crit her or something cause she went down in few seconds) and I was left at 20%.

While I believe that kiting etc is viable, I'd say to just gear up nicely (playing dps spec with dps companion I found that spending couple k creds on items via GTN inbetween planets is REALLY helpful) and kill him before he kills you because if you try and go slow on him, he will eventually destroy you.

Of course that varies depending on which companion you use but at least as a marauder with dps companion - don't bother with elaborate tactics. Just burn him down before he does.

01.11.2012 , 02:05 AM | #24
There should be an easy mode for people who don't desire frsutration...tried several times. Each normal mobs fight with my marauder is life or death already and so I've had good practice, but this is insane.

Spec'd carnage originally, but respec to Annihilation in the hopes it would give me an edge. Tried to kill this boss with Quinn and Vette. I don't use the other companions much...any of them good? Jeasa is a squishy little wafer who is KO'd much faster than Vette IMHO.

I'm saving up PVP gear just to fight this guy, but I wonder if it will be enough.

Anyone know if the raid gear might work better...with stim usage as well?

01.11.2012 , 02:26 AM | #25
I did it with vette, annihilation spec.

The trick with using a dps companion is to keep the aggro off them, he'll down your companion in 5 seconds if he goes after them, the AI wont move them out of his aoe (even vette) and then he'll hit his ravage, companion gone.

I started the fight with vette on passive, loaded on my bleeds, hit cripple to slow him and then hit for vette to attack, whilst I moved him away to the other side of the room from her , then I just reapplied bleeds as they drop using charge/deadly saber/annihilation/ravage/rupture , cripple whenever the aoe comes up, and saberthrow/scream as I move around avoiding it.

01.20.2012 , 07:08 PM | #26
He was difficult if you stay in one spot but if you kite him around like other posters suggest, he's actually pretty easy. Avoid the lighting on the ground at the least.

01.20.2012 , 10:39 PM | #27
I did this at lvl 47 on my marauder in rage spec.

I used Quinn which was fully geared out in lvl 40 pvp gear.
I entered the room then joined a pvp match got fully buffed then left. Then went through the roll play. The fight is rather easy if you kite. Save your Def Cd's for when you are half health or lower to make sure you can get away and give Quinn time to heal you.

01.24.2012 , 08:15 PM | #28
I couldnt even get a chance at level 49..

My companion pierce died in a second..

I couldnt do enough dmg to put him half..

Rage marauder is kinda pvp spec though, i would have killed him carnage..

Anyway, lord draag should be nerfed lol

01.24.2012 , 09:04 PM | #29
I did this with the following, before the fight activate both Relics and Cloak of pain and Saber ward, I then did usual Gore/Ravage/battering assault/Scream/Massacre sequence, then Obfuscate, think I then tried to interrupt him to not much success, but got out of his AE , popped heroic moment and saber ward again, followed by bloodthirst, frenzy and bersek thrown in there, and then rinsed and repeat the usual combat moves, he was dead in little time, remember to finish off with vicious throw too.

01.25.2012 , 06:00 AM | #30
Its easy if you don't mind being cheap, I'm specced in Rage and was lvl 50 upon trying it, I basically took Vette out (For the First time since Balmorra) bought her a chestpiece/implants/etc and a pair of 500dmg pistols from the GTN.

Took me two attempts to get it right but I just basically ran circles around him casting force crush, then popping every defensive/offensive CD when he attacked Vette and dealing tons of burst damage so he would switch back to me and repeat the process.