Lord Draahg *Spoilers*

dorkvid

For the lvl 49 class quest involving killing Lord Draahg - how the hell are you supposed to do it? I've been facerolling through all content up to this point, but save a 4 man group I don't think I can get him. Even popping all my cooldowns with a geared healing companion I barely get him to 50%

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember correctly, I gained alot of threat and used Vette and just kited him around the room. When he went back to her, I taunted and resumed the kiting. She did alot of the damage. I also had to stim and pop my cooldowns to survive lol

I did it immortal spec in dps gear with quinn. I backpedaled the entire fight and used cooldowns as needed. Ended the fight with 90+ health when other specs usually died when draahg was about 20%. Edited by Noth

Keep moving, don't get caught in the electrical field he leaves on floor.

Demon you are a fool, did draahg not tell you he couldnt be killed? yet you belived he died the first time you meet him?

don't whine about spoiler, you asked for it ;)

Edited by Munx

Keep moving, don't get caught in the electrical field he leaves on floor.

Demon you are a fool, did draahg not tell you he couldnt be killed? yet you belived he died the first time you meet him?

don't whine about spoiler, you asked for it ;)

He said he couldn't be killed that's why I beat him ~3 times.

Thanks for ruining it, jerk.

Edited by DemonSoliloquy

Wait wat...

I'm a marauder and first of all draagh isn't a lvl49 quest.

Nor is he hard at all, what are you guys doing that you're making him difficult o.o

I hate people that say stupid crap like this, "oh he's not hard at all...", yeah what did you do him at level 47? Because I can assure you that at level 41 this guys is an f'ing pain in the *** to kill, the gdamn cooldowns on health stim and abilities make this fight MUCH harder than it should be.

Plus, it is utterly stupid to force people to fight the same mob over and over after you've beaten him once. How anyone could call that good game design... it's just stupid and lazy.

• 2 weeks later...

What is up with this guy. None of my interrupts were working. He seemed to be immune to force chokes and roar. Had to kite him around for 5 min and used 2 med packs and all my cooldowns to beat him. Hate beating bosses this way.

Then I see a video online of a level 47( I was 50 BTW) stand in front of him and wail on him without moving and he easily beat him. Am I missing something?

Edited by InfinitusCorsair

Hello all,

As this thread is very warrior specific and discusses strategies regarding story moments, we have edited the title of this thread to include a spoiler warning.

We ask that you please ensure discussions regarding spoilers are hidden for respect to those who may not want their moments ruined.

We ask that you please take generous use of our spoiler forum, which you can find here - http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=248

As well as the spoiler tags, which work like so:

[noparse]

This is spoiler

[/noparse]

Threads, such as this which are very warrior specific, are allowed a spoiler warning in the title. We do ask that you never put direct spoiler information in titles of any threads as they are easily read from the index.

Thank you.

I just fought him today at level 50, I read on Torhead? I believe? that kiting is the key so that's what I tried and it works. He seems to be a "deals a lot of damage but also takes a lot of damage" kinda mob Edited by grania

As a Vengeance spec'd jugg I found it difficult and what makes it hard is you cannot cc or interrupt him. When i did it Jaesa and I just went full burn and nuked the sob down think i had like 10% hp left.

I didn't try this myself but I know it worked for another vengeance guildy. They got their companion to stand still about 20m away from them and then everytime they got low on hp they interceded to the companion and kited him with call on the force running to heal up and then charged back in to finish the job.

Also if you have bubbles/cooldowns and defensive relics or w/e don't use them all at once. Activate them just before the last one's buff ends just as you would when tanking to avoid spike dmg and help your healer out. It should keep you nicely buffed for the duration of the fight.

If your still struggling leave it for now and go make sure if they aren't your companion is as well geared as you are.

Edited by Lacedemon

I hate people that say stupid crap like this, "oh he's not hard at all...", yeah what did you do him at level 47? Because I can assure you that at level 41 this guys is an f'ing pain in the *** to kill, the gdamn cooldowns on health stim and abilities make this fight MUCH harder than it should be.

Plus, it is utterly stupid to force people to fight the same mob over and over after you've beaten him once. How anyone could call that good game design... it's just stupid and lazy.

Why is it "MUCH harder" than it should be?

Why do people constantly clamor for an insanely easy game?? Try embracing the challenge and coming up with new strategies....

as a Marauder I had a lot of problems with this fight. I use quinn (i cant imagine doing it without heals) and I died like 4 times before I realized that he puts red lighting on the ground that is what sucks your health away real fast. He also has a ravage ability that hurts alot. You can interrupt that. I finally beat it by running out of the lightning.. using the slowing ability (forget what its called) and kiting him around the room while force screaming and force choking him. Its definitely not an easy fight but I enjoyed it!!

Cannot believe what I just did

From level 49 on was trying this quest would get to Draahg and get pretty m,uch messed up. 2 times i waited the full 10 minutes just to give it another shot wasted another 5k in buffs/meds, no dice.

Last night plow all the way through the area AGAIN, get him down to an inch. No dice. Try again today spend 1/2 hour getting all the way there, buff up. Ready to go.

Realize the quest now says "finish Draahg". I had killed him last night and died at the same time. so wasted about an hour total retracking and reclearing.

Ugh

So yeah, just finished my class story today and after reading through all the posts here, i was really anxious to see if it's really that hard.

Myself, I killed him in my 2nd attempt To be honest, the tactic I think works best on him is to simply blow every defensive cd you have one after another, pop trinkets and adrenals (if you have some) and outnuke him while moving out of bad stuff. I'm a marauder and used Jaesa and still had to camo my *** off + use Undying Rage when he murdered her (seriously, after her Blade Ward fell off, he must have chain crit her or something cause she went down in few seconds) and I was left at 20%.

While I believe that kiting etc is viable, I'd say to just gear up nicely (playing dps spec with dps companion I found that spending couple k creds on items via GTN inbetween planets is REALLY helpful) and kill him before he kills you because if you try and go slow on him, he will eventually destroy you.

Of course that varies depending on which companion you use but at least as a marauder with dps companion - don't bother with elaborate tactics. Just burn him down before he does.

Edited by gibmachine

There should be an easy mode for people who don't desire frsutration...tried several times. Each normal mobs fight with my marauder is life or death already and so I've had good practice, but this is insane.

Spec'd carnage originally, but respec to Annihilation in the hopes it would give me an edge. Tried to kill this boss with Quinn and Vette. I don't use the other companions much...any of them good? Jeasa is a squishy little wafer who is KO'd much faster than Vette IMHO.

I'm saving up PVP gear just to fight this guy, but I wonder if it will be enough.

Anyone know if the raid gear might work better...with stim usage as well?

Edited by Knightsire

I did it with vette, annihilation spec.

The trick with using a dps companion is to keep the aggro off them, he'll down your companion in 5 seconds if he goes after them, the AI wont move them out of his aoe (even vette) and then he'll hit his ravage, companion gone.

I started the fight with vette on passive, loaded on my bleeds, hit cripple to slow him and then hit for vette to attack, whilst I moved him away to the other side of the room from her , then I just reapplied bleeds as they drop using charge/deadly saber/annihilation/ravage/rupture , cripple whenever the aoe comes up, and saberthrow/scream as I move around avoiding it.

Edited by Voblat