Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Weekly server maintenance EU times?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Weekly server maintenance EU times?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nicholai_Pestot
12.27.2011 , 09:10 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by krashovrload View Post
++

But not in the holiday period - it's probably not an ideal time..?? Maybe early hours of the morning would've been better..??

++
I'm a dev myself. I work on financial software. One of our American clients was pushing for a patch release overnight this week. Our managing director got involved directly and told them it wasn't going to happen because its Christmas time and grumpy devs produce bad releases.

For something as unimportant as a video game, I doubt the response is going to be any different.

Its Christmas for the people working on this as well. Be thankful there are any patches at all and remember you are not making demands of some faceless corporation, but of human devs who have family and have just finished what is undoubtedly a period of heavy crunch time.

Devs without RnR make mistakes. Do you really want that?

These patching periods are also probably going to be used to set benchmarks for the future. They need match up to future patch releases as closely as possible so that better estimates can be made about future change implementations.

Albinosmurf
12.27.2011 , 09:14 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by LaughingGod View Post
I understand that it is hard to find a time that is acceptable for everyone. But why 0400 to 1000 US time? Why not make it something like 0000-0600 US tme? That way the impact for everyone would be less.

Bad show Bioware!
That would be less? Do you understand there are more people on late night during the week than in early morning in the US. i've been on at 0100 US and still had 100ppl per zone and i've been on at 0800 US and found 4 people on per zone. If you expect things to be the same in the game a year from now as it is now you've never played a launch. No reason to be as melodramatic as this thread is right now by expecting the same server downtimes forever.

TorqueoMilitaris
12.27.2011 , 09:14 AM | #23
that "unimportant video game" is not for free. Everyone still pay that under maintenance too

SolidusGB
12.27.2011 , 09:17 AM | #24
While I understand your frustrations as I'm from the Uk, I don't see the need for all this rage. Yes Bioware should have separate downtiime, In there defence most people are normally at work this time of day so this would not normally be a big deal.
However it is Christmas and the downtime today gave me a chance to go see some family that I don't see much, so go outside do something constructive and when you get back the servers will be up and you can chill out and all will be forgotten.
CE VIP See you on the other side

Nicholai_Pestot
12.27.2011 , 09:18 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TorqueoMilitaris View Post
that "unimportant video game" is not for free. Everyone still pay that under maintenance too
Yes. And?

You should probably go read the agreement you ticked when you paid.

2am patches are not something your money buys you, despite what your sense of entitlement might be telling you.

PessimiStick
12.27.2011 , 09:19 AM | #26
US and EU share the same client and can play cross region. Therefore, both will patch at the same time. Your downtime will suck for you. Learn to live with it.
PessimiStick // Ippon // Uchimata

Geeluc
12.27.2011 , 09:20 AM | #27
So far, us EU players have had two days we cannot play, out of seven. OK, so it's not 'days' but six hour slots.

12 hours a week down time = about 26 days out of the year.

Does that mean all EU players can have one months free sub a year?
Putting the smug into Smuggler

Karoliina
12.27.2011 , 09:20 AM | #28
They closed the larger thread? Well done Bioware mod. Should of merged them both... now we need 15 new pages of +1 for EU times
╬╬╬╬╬╬|████████████████████████████████████████)

InvisibleJim
12.27.2011 , 09:20 AM | #29
What ******* mod closed the main thread and kept the side thread open?

That's almost as dumb as putting the maintenance in the middle of a UK/Canada/Oz and EU holiday.

P-hantom
12.27.2011 , 09:20 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Fornix View Post
As 10 AM to 4 PM are working hours, I don't really care too much about it. In the future I won't be surprised to see our maintenance switch to the nightly hours as well though.
Working hours for you ? fine then being as you're ok the rest of the EU can go get stuffed then ! ! !

Well maybe as I start at midnight and get home about 9am (ish) I may not like losing almost a full days play ! Hmm.. maybe I should ask BW to refund me the cost of one days play each week ??? (yeah right)

The OP and many of replies here are quite correct in saying this 10am-4pm EU downtime is a slap in the face to EU players ! !

We're not retreating... we're advancing, in a different direction !

My SWTOR youtube channel - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ_sx...&feature=g-upl