Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Weekly server maintenance EU times?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Weekly server maintenance EU times?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Crenshaw
12.24.2011 , 05:24 AM | #1
Im sorry, but this seems really strange to me...

In the thread made yesterday http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...258#edit691258 bioware announced the weekly maintenance and that they would try their best to keep these weekly maintenance's on off peak-hours.

And that seems correct in the US, but in europe the time is 10AM to 4PM.... How is that in anyway during off peak-hours. Its in the middle off the day.

They even have physical servers in europe so why cant we have maintenance on those servers when its the best time for us and not when its the best time for the US?

I really dont understand their reasoning for this and its rather annoying knowing that the servers will be unavailable every tuesday afternoon.

Hopefully we can get some clarification on this or maybe its just me overreacting?

Crenshaw
12.24.2011 , 05:49 AM | #2
Ah guess it was just me then

Soprano
12.24.2011 , 05:49 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Crenshaw View Post
Im sorry, but this seems really strange to me...

In the thread made yesterday http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...258#edit691258 bioware announced the weekly maintenance and that they would try their best to keep these weekly maintenance's on off peak-hours.

And that seems correct in the US, but in europe the time is 10AM to 4PM.... How is that in anyway during off peak-hours. Its in the middle off the day.

They even have physical servers in europe so why cant we have maintenance on those servers when its the best time for us and not when its the best time for the US?

I really dont understand their reasoning for this and its rather annoying knowing that the servers will be unavailable every tuesday afternoon.

Hopefully we can get some clarification on this or maybe its just me overreacting?
Yeah it sucks indeed. I THINK its because they dont have an EU team, so basicly they are zZz at that time..
"It's not rocket surgery.."

stupidhero
12.24.2011 , 05:57 AM | #4
It's sad that a company as big as bioware is totally incapable of seperating maintenance windows for EU/US servers.

EVERY but so small/awful MMO with a european offspring is capable of doing better...

Fornix
12.24.2011 , 06:01 AM | #5
As 10 AM to 4 PM are working hours, I don't really care too much about it. In the future I won't be surprised to see our maintenance switch to the nightly hours as well though.

stupidhero
12.24.2011 , 06:04 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Fornix View Post
As 10 AM to 4 PM are working hours, I don't really care too much about it. In the future I won't be surprised to see our maintenance switch to the nightly hours as well though.
a) we're in a holiday season
b) extended maintenance may occur any time
c) it's just incomprehensible why bioware is incapable of doing maintenance in the usual timeslot for EU.

Bobiefatt
12.24.2011 , 06:10 AM | #7
Why always on just one of those days i have time free to play ...
I have seen this discusion in other MMO's before.

Its always Europe that gets shafted with day time downtime.
Do that which you fear most, and you will find
the courage which you seek

Lawagg
12.26.2011 , 01:42 AM | #8
It is also possible that if they did not do all the servers at the same time the European servers would get swamped with people from North America who make alts to just continuing playing and then there would be huge complaints about queue times ( just a thought)

Drezlar
12.27.2011 , 03:51 AM | #9
This is absolutely ridiculous and incompetence of the highest order. Obviously I'm emoing because it's cutting into my play time but who on earth in their right mind doesn't put EU maintenance on a night-cycle.

This might be a subscription ender for me if it carries on like this permanently.

chasshadow
12.27.2011 , 03:54 AM | #10
There seems to be very little playing to today's sever outage. I mean why would you have an outage on a holiday that is pretty much world wide. Why not have the outage tomorrow when people are back at work. I really just can't believe the planning on this one today 27/12/2011.
I am old and Grey but very wise. When I was in my teens I knew everything, like teens today.