Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disconections and queueing

Abramzzz
12.24.2011 , 05:12 AM | #1
Whatever code you put in to allow reconnection to your existing session isn't working. I had an ADSL drop out this morning, logged back in to be placed in the queue. Got to 2nd in line then error 9000 and back at the end of the queue again.

You NEED to implement a reconnection window so that not only if you dc in the queue you retain your place, but if you dc from the game you have a couple of minutes to log back in and not be placed in the queue!

Abramzzz
12.24.2011 , 05:16 AM | #2
Dc'd in the queue again, now getting error 1002 still. Guess I'll go do some housework for the 15 minutes before I can rejoin the 30 min queue...

jdi_knght
12.24.2011 , 05:49 AM | #3
I agree. This was brought up during beta as well, but I'll spout my nonsense again anyway.

The game needs a grace-window to account for DC's/crashes/etc. Some people (not me) crash or DC frequently, and if trying to muddle their way through their content despite this wasn't frustrating enough, they also get to wait on top of it.

In the current state, it has the potential to be even worse when people start raiding. An untimely disconnect during a boss fight, and not only may they not be able to get in to try and help finish it, but their raid might have to wait 30 mins for them to try and get back on to try again.

In short: Disconnecting/crashing sucks. Does the game really have to make it suck more by placing the victim in a queue?

Mabelode
12.24.2011 , 05:54 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Abramzzz View Post
before I can rejoin the 30 min queue...
lol 30 mins, think yourself lucky!
BLACKADDER - COMMANDO - AFTERLIFE - TOMB OF FREEDON NADD
I HAVE A PLAN SO CUNNING YOU COULD PUT A TAIL ON IT AND CALL IT A FOX!

Abramzzz
12.24.2011 , 06:16 AM | #5
Hehe yeah I know it's not as bad as yours, we're the PvE equivalent of your load though on The Red Eclipse. Did have 3 hour+ queues but they seem to have died down a bit with the recent pop cap increases, although it is only midday and they're getting worse with every dc I have