Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch Problem, Launcher wo'nt load patch data, tries to dl 11gb all over again

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Patch Problem, Launcher wo'nt load patch data, tries to dl 11gb all over again

erobancho
12.24.2011 , 05:03 AM | #1
Hi There

so i got a problem with my swtor install, tried the search option, didn't find my problem (or was to stupid to), so a heads up for that.

So i installed my swtor from the 3 DVDs to my windows Xp notebook cuz i am not at my desktop pc for the holidays.

on the other pc i downloaded the whole thing, so everything from dl,install,patch & play was just fine.

but, after i installed from the 3 dvds (german eu coll edition) i wanted to play in english and set it up at the option tab.

so it started dl the english video and so on and so on...

sadly at 95% install it stopped because my hdd was full 0_o

so i gave my best to erease this and that, u know the drill.

having done so, i started the launcher up again and although i had the files (about 11GB) it won't install it but tries to download them anew.

Does anyone have a fix for it? did i do something wrong?
or is there a way to apply the patch files without the launcher?

well i hope someone can help me, and sorry again.normally i don't open up threads but i really couldnt find anything specific to my problem.

the thing is, i am at my parents over the holidays and their mx dl speed is 100kb/s..0__o

so obviously i dont wanna dl 11gb again or block their internet through all the traffic.
and no, playing in germanis no option for me, i want atmosphere in my games

thanks to y'all and merry christmas and happy holidays

Alexsama
12.24.2011 , 05:06 AM | #2
Ahh you made language error! Only DVD install english (if you have a USA region DVD) because if you install anything else the voice files for example will be wrong language. These files are massive and is leading you to the download.

erobancho
12.24.2011 , 05:23 AM | #3
sorry i dont understand what u r saying, can u please write in whole sentences, easy to read and to comprehend?

at first, US dvd? i am from europe! so u can play with any language u like. you just have to dl the additional files, which is no problem at all with other MMOs...

Alexsama
12.24.2011 , 05:35 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by erobancho View Post
sorry i dont understand what u r saying, can u please write in whole sentences, easy to read and to comprehend?

at first, US dvd? i am from europe! so u can play with any language u like. you just have to dl the additional files, which is no problem at all with other MMOs...

You must Install English from the DVD.

If you install anything but English your patcher will load some massive file containing the proper language selection.

AND because if you do anything else you are sure to run into problems.

erobancho
12.24.2011 , 05:40 AM | #5
ok but how can i change the lang install from the dvds??

the only thing the installer does is unpack hundreds of rar archives, soi dont see how u can change the language before the install...;((

Alexsama
12.24.2011 , 05:42 AM | #6
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=890

If you mess with the downloader you are going to have problems. Because it appears you don't have a US DVD or otherwise english DVD you are probably going to have problems.

Alexsama
12.24.2011 , 05:45 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by erobancho View Post
ok but how can i change the lang install from the dvds??

the only thing the installer does is unpack hundreds of rar archives, soi dont see how u can change the language before the install...;((
What language are you unpacking? You can find it in your directory. If it isn't something with EN then your DVD doesn't have english on it (the files are massive and the DVD's only have one language on it).

In your first post you indicated a CE Euro German. In this case the DVD has no english sorry.