2 ''game breaking'' things w/ 3.0 that will ruin Season 4 PvP

SOULCASTER

1. You can currently (purposely) skip setting your Utility points and can then accept the warzone queue and enter it. After which, you can then select your Utilities once in there, after you see who you're up against (ie: arenas).

2. Despite playing a DPS tree/spec on some classes, you still have access to switching to tank-stance mid-fight to cheese guard a team-mate. Access to a tank stance NEEDS to be tank-spec ONLY specific, because of the huge buff and advantage this provides.

Both of these things above need to be addressed and/or removed before Season 4 rated pvp goes live. Other than that I want to say kudos and nice job to the dev team! This update is not only fun and enjoyable on all of the classes I play but I even gave your new operation a shot and it was both fun and QUITE amusing. #BO-55droid

Edited by SOULCASTER

1. You can currently (purposely) skip setting your Utility points and can then accept the warzone queue and enter it. After which, you can then select your Utilities once in there, after you see who you're up against (ie: arenas).

2. Despite playing a DPS tree/spec on some classes, you still have access to switching to tank-stance mid-fight to cheese guard a team-mate. Access to a tank stance NEEDS to be tank-spec ONLY specific, because of the huge buff and advantage this provides.

Both of these things above need to be addressed and/or removed before Season 4 rated pvp goes live. Other than that I want to say kudos and nice job to the dev team! This update is not only fun and enjoyable on all of the classes I play but I even gave your new operation a shot and it was both fun and QUITE amusing. #BO-55droid

They have said that stance swapping is intended so I doubt they will change anything.

Fu***** unfair, they take away off-healing abilities from already weak mercs / commandos and let op juggs, PT, sins keep tanking abilities.

To be fair, Jugs are the only ones that can actually offtank in DPS without getting themselves rapidly killed.

They actually mentioned making #1 a feature awhile back, so dont hold your breath.

Honestly if you were to do #2 then why dont we go ahead and remove all off heals/ self healing?

Edited by FoE_Khorne

Fu***** unfair, they take away off-healing abilities from already weak mercs / commandos and let op juggs, PT, sins keep tanking abilities.

They did lose the group heal and the long cast main heal, but they got the big and little instant heals now. Still decent off-heals, nothing like Ooperatives/scoundrels but decent.

They actually mentioned making #1 a feature awhile back, so dont hold your breath.

Honestly if you were to do #2 then why dont we go ahead and remove all off heals/ self healing?

Because off healing by DPS classes is nowhere near the imbalance issue that a vengeance jug in tank stance is.

Because off healing by DPS classes is nowhere near the imbalance issue that a vengeance jug in tank stance is.

Before? Obviously it was with skank-healing builds available, but now? Haha, to even suggest that an off-healing-dps-spec player can provide such an enormous advantage as a skank tank with a second set of gear... Dont be absurd. They havent fixed soloqueue with this available, they just made sure only one class can abuse the queue.

Heal match + 3 dps? Np let me equip my gear getting me to 60k hp and soresu form. Gl hf team with no tank.

Before? Obviously it was with skank-healing builds available, but now? Haha, to even suggest that an off-healing-dps-spec player can provide such an enormous advantage as a skank tank with a second set of gear... Dont be absurd. They havent fixed soloqueue with this available, they just made sure only one class can abuse the queue.

Heal match + 3 dps? Np let me equip my gear getting me to 60k hp and soresu form. Gl hf team with no tank.

Skank tanking is kind of a slap to the face, when hybrid healing was removed.

I dont see the point of allowing stance changes for different specs. I thought the whole disciplines system was designed to remove hybrid specs. A dps working as a tank seems pretty hybrid to me. Is their something I am missing that would break the jugg, shadow, or vangaurd classes if they just hard coded the stance to the discipline they use?

Skank tanking is kind of a slap to the face, when hybrid healing was removed.

I dont see the point of allowing stance changes for different specs. I thought the whole disciplines system was designed to remove hybrid specs. A dps working as a tank seems pretty hybrid to me. Is their something I am missing that would break the jugg, shadow, or vangaurd classes if they just hard coded the stance to the discipline they use?

You're not missing anything.

Can you explain what the problem with that is?

It allows a player to enter a arena, see what specs the other team has, and then select utilities to counter those specs.

Ill say it again, they mentioned making this a feature. They responded to a post asking about field respec's in warzones saying as much. Ill dig throught the dev tracker to see if i can find it.

And i dont see this as a problem. It can only be done once before round 1.

Edited by FoE_Khorne

It allows a player to enter a arena, see what specs the other team has, and then select utilities to counter those specs.

But what if the other team does the same thing? How do you counter their changes when you don't know what they are?

Ding Ding Ding... someone gets it

You are assuming everyone is exploiting it, which certainly isn't true. Now if you could straight up change your utility points in match without using a workaround then you could argue that its fine.

But what if the other team does the same thing? How do you counter their changes when you don't know what they are?

If all skill trees were equal, I would say this is a fair argument, but as they are currently not, the complaint of its use has merrit.

Sorc Sage has some awesome selection compared to my scoundrel. and im not trying to pick a class balance fight, but If I had the same kind of utility options on my scoundrel that I had on my sage, i would be a lot happier playing my scoundrel right now.

Edited by Haystak

If all skill trees were equal, I would say this is a fair argument, but as they are currently not, the complaint of its use has merrit.

Sorc Sage has some awesome selection compared to my scoundrel. and im not trying to pick a class balance fight, but If I had the same kind of utility options on my scoundrel that I had on my sage, i would be a lot happier playing my scoundrel right now.

Scoundrel have so many viable options its insane. I struggle to decide what to choose and thats certainly not the case on sage/sorc. Honestly the utilities for sorc/sage are decent, and gameplay altering. But they're nowhere near as _powerful_ as the scoundrel. Just compare the T1s...

I hope they don't change the utility bug, it adds more of a psych element to arenas because now you gotta anticipate what the other team will take.

and @crinn, sins could off-tank quite successfully b4 3.0, most of the top shadows and sin on pot5 were off-tanks.

That wasn't offtanking tho, that was a halfspec, and halfspecs don't exist anymore. Now where you have to be a full spec, offtanking as a sin while possible is extremely hazardous and will likely result in the assassin getting killed. Juggernauts as veng in tank stance are arguably as effective in solo ranked as a fullspec VG or Sin tank.

To be fair, Jugs are the only ones that can actually offtank in DPS without getting themselves rapidly killed.

that makes it even more unfair, imo. but BW are incredibly stubborn on this stuff. I'm surprised they took as drastic a step as they did to eliminate hybrids. in fact, I'm quite sure eliminating hybrids was not a significant motivation to disciplines. it's just PR.

that makes it even more unfair, imo. but BW are incredibly stubborn on this stuff. I'm surprised they took as drastic a step as they did to eliminate hybrids. in fact, I'm quite sure eliminating hybrids was not a significant motivation to disciplines. it's just PR.

It was just PR, the real reason behind disciplines is probably for the leveling experience and ease of balancing. Since if you think about it, without disciplines mercs wouldn't be getting heatseeker until 50, think about how sucky that would be.