Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to beat Stark, Nadia quest.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
How to beat Stark, Nadia quest.

KJOhio
12.27.2011 , 08:58 AM | #11
I tried with Tharan, but failed. I have yet to understand which spells to interrupt (I tried only twice before I went to bed LOL). As soon as I was interrupting him, he will start his next cast. From the discussions here I understand that I should interrupt his Benevolence, Project Storm and Disturbance spells.

Any help on how bets to interrupt him?

Thanks for help.

DClarkNV
12.27.2011 , 09:35 AM | #12
Are you a shadow or sage??

How are you specc'd in your AC???

As a DPS specc'd Sage, I screamed at my monitor 3 times in frustration before I finally took him down.

What I feel is the key, is to use all of your abilities / skills to keep him from healing.

Force Armor every time it is up.....

Force stun his first heal, then cast Channel The Force so you have a regen going and can use Force Stun again.

Use Weaken Mind (DoT) every time it is up.....

Mind Snap the rest of his attempts to heal himself. I try to wait til he is around 80% through his cast, because he can't be kicking your butt while casting....

Mental Alacrity to chain cast benevolence, then hit force armor if it is up.....

This is an extremely tough fight, and if you are the same level, it is even tougher.

May want to try it at least one level higher than he is.........

If you are a Shadow, sorry, can't help ya.........

Keep trying is all I can say........

KJOhio
12.27.2011 , 11:53 PM | #13
Thanks for guiding. I will try it tomorrow.

Magnesium
12.28.2011 , 06:06 AM | #14
I wanted to have Tharan out, but quest stated it needed Nadia out for the kill.

As for guides, as a Infiltration Shadow I would use high spike DPS and then a mixture of Line of Sights with stuns to give myself time to heal and keep using my max range DPS on him, took a few attempts but managed to get it done, was a tough fight and I was doing it under level.

Always use your surroundings to the best advantage you can and remember we are not just a melee only class and can use some ranged attacks when needed.

Aquatium Only in Light can a Shadow exist
Maelstrom
Recruitment Video | Website | Forums | YouTube Channel | Recruitment Post

Khadroth
12.28.2011 , 08:55 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Magnesium View Post
I wanted to have Tharan out, but quest stated it needed Nadia out for the kill.
You don't, just the conversation. Interesting to note that he doesn't aggro after the conversation ends, only once you attack him. Use this time to get out Tharan.

Seriously, beating him with any AC/spec is as follows:

A.) Get Tharan Out, let him Spam Holiday on Stark and Heal you. Be wary of Boss AoE and don't be afraid to hit crtl + 2 fast to passify Tharan and make him come back to your side (just remember to hit ctrl + 1 again to make him re-engage).
B.) INTERRUPT STARK. That means using force stun, force wave, your interrupt, and LOS along with any other mechanics your class has (hell even a quick lift/break combo if you have to). Do not let him heal! Run away from AOE and LOS if possible. If you can, heal yourself while you have him LOS'd. Use DoTs to maintain dmg progress on him.
C.) Try not to blow long cooldowns until later in the fight! Reason being, there's no point in blowing your 20 min companion CD early only to wipe, and the fight gets tougher the more health Stark loses as he begins to try and heal more. Save em for when you know you've got him down a ways and know you have a solid shot at winning.
The Starwind Legacy Anchorhead (PvP East)
"Tsu" 50 Miraluka Bala Sage "Soge" 3 Chiss Sniper
"Roronoa" 10 Pureblood Sentinel "Ashellia" 12 Borg PT
"Gene" 50 Human Gunslinger "Erza" 11 Human Jugg
"Shocktrooper" 16 Borg Comm "Hei" 1 Chiss Assassin

Beastfury
12.28.2011 , 09:36 AM | #16
Wiped once with nadia and her 4 peices of green gear. Switched to theran killed him with 90% hp just interupt.

Soulchilde
12.28.2011 , 01:34 PM | #17
Grabbed a healer guildie to keep Lt. Iresso up and I just DPS him down.

Cczienc
12.28.2011 , 03:33 PM | #18
I just beat him an hour ago at level 40 (I wanted her at lvl 40, and not med-way to 50).

1. Got atop the storage container behind him where he is idle.
2. Use Nadia as pet.
3. Put nadia on passive.
4. For about 3 - 5 minutes, simply cast dots and instant spells at him. Don't worry if he heals or not.
5. Duck behind the pillar to LOS all of his damage spells.
6. After 5 minutes of generating aggro, unleash Nadia on him. Nadia won't take any damage ever.
7. Now that Nadia is pwnsaucing his face, concentrate on stopping his heals and throwing dots on him. Keep LOSing behind the pillar.
8. Profit.

Hysteriamk
12.28.2011 , 03:43 PM | #19
I died first time just so i could stealth and get the upper hand. I'm a infiltration spec shadow but i used my combat technique instead of shadow technique. worked good. popped my deflection spell (forget the name) and blackout on cooldown, also, have 1 health pack rdy. and interupt ever spell. ESPECIALLY is project spam spell. Died first time. Killed him with 50% my life when i could get him coming from stealth pretty easy.

fenrishero
12.28.2011 , 04:33 PM | #20
As a Kinetic Combat Shadow, this fight is borderline impossible. Shadows have no heals, meaning no room for error, or poor registering of LOS by the game. We have one interrupt on a 12 second cooldown, and that's it. I can see how this is easy sauce for a sage, but this needs to be rebalanced.