R-9XR, 2nd Boss at Korriban Incrusion (HM)

So, we got here, no wipes, everyone on full 186, everything okay. But this droid is simply madness. At 40-30% it enters "extermination mode" and almost annihilated everyone except me (tank) in a matter of seconds. So, I have some questions.

Is there a way to avoid "Laser Burst", 1.5 second cast and huge damage attack on a member (never the tank)?

Is there a way to prevent or stop the extermination mode? It feels like an enrage, deals heavy damage and most of it after usin acquiring target, so tank can't taunt him.

So, we got here, no wipes, everyone on full 186, everything okay. But this droid is simply madness. At 40-30% it enters "extermination mode" and almost annihilated everyone except me (tank) in a matter of seconds. So, I have some questions.

Is there a way to avoid "Laser Burst", 1.5 second cast and huge damage attack on a member (never the tank)?

Is there a way to prevent or stop the extermination mode? It feels like an enrage, deals heavy damage and most of it after usin acquiring target, so tank can't taunt him.

From what I've seen, 25% is when the boss channels "Extermination Mode" which functions like a "soft enrage." It looks like a burn phase. Your DPS and healers need to pop cooldowns and focus heals on whoever gets targeted by the random laser while spreading out to ensure he doesn't cleave multiple people at once. I'm guessing this will be a pug killer for groups with healers who aren't paying attention or DPS who aren't doing their best.

Extermination Mode starts on timer, not on health percentage - with more DPS you won't get it at all. Fight is doable if you get Extermination Mode at ~15%, but more than that will overwhelm your healers.

If you're missing the last few %, there's a bit of a luck factor involved: if E.M. triggers when it's time for the droid to cast missiles and laser burst, you get a few more seconds to burn before E.M. attacks start hitting (droid is not doing E.M. while doing other things).

Edited by Foyle

It's a DPS issue - Have run this a few times now and the only time I see this mechanic is when the dps is too low.

Speaking from a healer's perspective... dps please do some dummy practice with your new abilities as this mechanic is a b***h to heal through.

Slightly off topic, but has anybody figured out the bonus boss in HM right before the 2nd boss? We have tried everything, but get decimated very quickly

It's a healing challenge, tank needs to taunt as much as possible and everyone needs to pray to the RNG God for the boss randomly picking the tank to hit

That's also my guess, this is a heal check (and gear check too, with less than 40k HP you are going to make things very hard).

I haven't figured any way to go around this Force Choke but to eat it. Being a healer, I make sure to top everyone with a HoT, use an area heal when I see that he starts channeling (so definitely have him as focus target unless you can communicate by voice) and then pray we make it through. This is quite frustrating seeing everyone's health going down and being unable to do anything.

Edited by demotivator

Extermination Mode starts on timer, not on health percentage - with more DPS you won't get it at all. Fight is doable if you get Extermination Mode at ~15%, but more than that will overwhelm your healers.

If you're missing the last few %, there's a bit of a luck factor involved: if E.M. triggers when it's time for the droid to cast missiles and laser burst, you get a few more seconds to burn before E.M. attacks start hitting (droid is not doing E.M. while doing other things).

Is there a way a Healer and help heal during that time? I know I been failing at this HM for some time as the Extermination Mode keeps happening early before the health is 15% and less. I know its on a timer but I'm still trying my best as a healer to keep everyone alive. However it is still hard. But any tips would be helpful.

As a healer I used to stand on the side the first couple of times I did this boss and I noticed that I was pulling agro from the adds which were running to me. 2 good DPS can deal with them quickly but what I do now when the adds come out is running to the boss so that the DPS can AOE them while damaging the boss at the same time.

It is maybe not that much but I'd say that it is something that healers can do to help beating EM timer.

You mean the guy on the cliff/balcony/whatever with the knockback? I haven't had problems with it. If the tank is good, you only have to pay attention to one random-target attack, which is not a big deal. Of course, falling down the precipice is not easy to heal...

I'd like to know how it is not a problem and how you think that it relies only on the tank when that Force Choke can leave you dead if you are not topped off before (heck even topped off it is sometimes a close call).

Also is the bonus in the imperial version different from the pub one (different as in easier)? I have only ran Imp Korriban once and after dealing with the group of adds just before releasing the prisoners, instead of following us for the cutscene one guy went down and managed to pull the bonus boss, after killing that guy the boss went all the way up to the cells where we 3-manned him and the fight was indeed a complete joke. So I can't tell if this is just that the imp version is easier than the pub version (no Force Choke) or if we unintentionally glitched him by pulling him from his usual location.

Edited by demotivator