Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So what are people parsing at 60?


Xenphon's Avatar


Xenphon
12.08.2014 , 08:32 AM | #21
Yet to parse properly due to the server lag. I'd probably end up destroying something due to abilities not activating or shadow gcds.

Anyway, I am a bit surprised at the numbers, given BW's statement that they wanted to tune down the dps that was done at the end of 2.x. I swear they said on the IA/Smuggler stream that the numbers they were aiming for were something like 4350 (perhaps 4250?) for melee sustained and then progressively lower depending on the spec (hybrid (carnage) or burst) and whether the class was melee or ranged. Seeing PTs outputting almost 4.5k and maras almost 4.6k strikes me as odd. Is it another thing they have gone back on (despite the close time between the stream and the release) or will classes be nerfed in future patches?

Mitsugoya's Avatar


Mitsugoya
12.08.2014 , 09:21 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Xenphon View Post
Yet to parse properly due to the server lag. I'd probably end up destroying something due to abilities not activating or shadow gcds.

Anyway, I am a bit surprised at the numbers, given BW's statement that they wanted to tune down the dps that was done at the end of 2.x. I swear they said on the IA/Smuggler stream that the numbers they were aiming for were something like 4350 (perhaps 4250?) for melee sustained and then progressively lower depending on the spec (hybrid (carnage) or burst) and whether the class was melee or ranged. Seeing PTs outputting almost 4.5k and maras almost 4.6k strikes me as odd. Is it another thing they have gone back on (despite the close time between the stream and the release) or will classes be nerfed in future patches?
Well could be easily explained :

Devs don't know how to play their own game, guess they use some software and/or spreedsheet to get those number but they don't really have a clue on how to play each class properly, just look all the devs statement, (Heal 2 full anyone ?).

Or another possibility is that after so much QQ for the fact that our character are weakest than they were at 55, they decided to slightly up damage at 60.

Well after all I won't complain about it

Ardarell_Solo's Avatar


Ardarell_Solo
12.08.2014 , 09:49 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Xenphon View Post
or will classes be nerfed in future patches?
I'd be happy with nerfing DPS and buffing the fun of playing Watchman/Anni, which is basically non-existent: Press Mercilless/Anni every 6 secs, watch boss debuff bar and renew Dots when they fall of. Meh.

It's probably the same thing anyway: The long dots in the Specc mean that the gap between Dummy parsing and actual DPS output in a raid has just about doubled.

If you design the class for the shorter dot durations it used to have, dps would have to go down (otherwise the specc would be too bursty), fun could come back with our beloved Cauterize proc and target switching wouldn't suck the way it does now.

I posted an assessment and a suggestion for resolving the mess here.
El'ethon - Sentinel <Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> T3-M4

TACeMossie's Avatar


TACeMossie
12.08.2014 , 06:22 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLukeFactor View Post
Well I went back and looked over those numbers and one thing stood out...

You're massively delaying a ton of abilities for more Mag Blasts. WHY? WHAT POSSIBLE SITUATION WOULD DELAYING A ROCKET PUNCH OR THERMAL DETONATOR FOR A MAG BLAST POSSIBLY ACHIEVE?
(also don't delay a TD for a rail shot - that looks like what is happening. Rail shot has a cooldown reset for a reason man...)
Kwerty/Mossie

Once a guy who wrote guides, now just a guy getting back in
Vanguards/Powertechs 4 lyf

VarekRayth's Avatar


VarekRayth
12.09.2014 , 09:25 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
Well I went back and looked over those numbers and one thing stood out...

You're massively delaying a ton of abilities for more Mag Blasts. WHY? WHAT POSSIBLE SITUATION WOULD DELAYING A ROCKET PUNCH OR THERMAL DETONATOR FOR A MAG BLAST POSSIBLY ACHIEVE?
(also don't delay a TD for a rail shot - that looks like what is happening. Rail shot has a cooldown reset for a reason man...)
This guy right here.

Gets rekt on parses and then tries to tell you how to play. This is the **** that makes theorycrafters look dumb. You may have good math on a few things but...good lord dude.

Got Tipped - AP Powertech - <m'Guild>

nitratas's Avatar


nitratas
12.09.2014 , 09:37 AM | #26
No way in hell
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
4590 on Watchman Sent

Gear:
198:
- Implant
- Relic

192:
- other implant
- other relic
- offhand (random drop)

186: Rest

DieGhostDie's Avatar


DieGhostDie
12.09.2014 , 09:51 AM | #27
The popcorn is cooking in this thread. #Kappa
WrldFrst Forum T-r0l powered by FrankerZ

Ardarell_Solo's Avatar


Ardarell_Solo
12.09.2014 , 10:18 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by nitratas View Post
No way in hell
What do you mean?
El'ethon - Sentinel <Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> T3-M4

TACeMossie's Avatar


TACeMossie
12.09.2014 , 10:19 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by VarekRayth View Post
This guy right here.

Gets rekt on parses and then tries to tell you how to play. This is the **** that makes theorycrafters look dumb. You may have good math on a few things but...good lord dude.
Hey, there's a major difference. I showed the crappy gear I used for my parse. I have hit numbers like that before, but it was with 192s augmented with 186s. Even had the same average damage values.
Meaning until I get back into said gear, Zejim will be ahead of me. And Him being in Zorz, he not only came into 3.0 with optimized dread master gear, but knowing them would have had a full set of augments by the end of day 1, with a bunch of 192s and 198s by the time he decided to crush my average-for-180s-and-186s-mix parse

Would you honestly say a guy in Artifact gear should stand up to a guy in Underworld gear? Cause thats whats happening.

Im just saying he could easily squeeze out another 100dps with just a little effort

Final note: Where's the Pyro Parse Zejim, its not hard at all and people are waiting...
Kwerty/Mossie

Once a guy who wrote guides, now just a guy getting back in
Vanguards/Powertechs 4 lyf

namesaretough's Avatar


namesaretough
12.09.2014 , 10:34 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by VarekRayth View Post
This guy right here.

Gets rekt on parses and then tries to tell you how to play. This is the **** that makes theorycrafters look dumb. You may have good math on a few things but...good lord dude.
I think you don't understand what "theory crafting" is. The first word is pretty important.

Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post

Final note: Where's the Pyro Parse Zejim, its not hard at all and people are waiting...
I don't see where he said he'd ever do one, noone's paying him to parse.
Smugglin