Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Auction needs changing. Badly.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Auction needs changing. Badly.

Shaiar
12.24.2011 , 03:08 AM | #1
Any more people who tried to buy and sell couple of items on Galactic Trade Network and decided it's better to avoid it completely until Bioware change it?

Well, let's tell them again. I sincerely hope Bioware will make something with the auction, because it pains me to see this powerful option neglected and badly designed.

I like in-game economies. I use auctions and trade systems whenever available. Yet the GTN presents us with hideous options and makes crafting and selling items totally not enjoyable.

Why can't we search for an item by just shift-clicking? Why are we made to choose the types of items we need? Where is the option to make an auction, not just a buyout price? Why can't we filter the result by level of items if you made so many unnecessary filters already?

Continue the list if you wish. I mentioned only the basic functions we lack, while there could be oh-so-many more which are seen implemented in many other games.

Sincerely hoping for the improvements.

Mookz
12.24.2011 , 03:11 AM | #2
I would be fine with just an item name search, without having to fill out those damn [REQUIRED] slots. Half the time I don't know the category and sub-category of the item, just the name.
u aware?

RikerFFXI
12.24.2011 , 03:12 AM | #3
I don't like having to go through so many menus it's true. I think it's good to have an option, so that you can find specific things if need be, but there should be a general search, as well as the ability to click an item in your bags and have similar auctions come up.

For example, if I put a mission skill in the sell window, and then tab to the buy window, it should automatically search for whats in the sell window, or if the auction house is open, ctrl clicking will search for items in your bag...
twitter.com/RaphaelBoccella
Gamertag: Drama TiC AL7s
Raffaele Bocelli 50 Juggernaut (Immortal & Vengeance)

Zoltin
12.24.2011 , 03:41 AM | #4
Hahaha, just wait until you find out its regenal also. Cant find mass items until you go back to where everyone is selling, to the main fleet. Other planets dont have as much

Shaiar
12.24.2011 , 04:02 AM | #5
Please tell me you are joking. Please.

pryt
12.24.2011 , 04:08 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoltin View Post
Hahaha, just wait until you find out its regenal also. Cant find mass items until you go back to where everyone is selling, to the main fleet. Other planets dont have as much
Joke? Can't check right now, but, well, it wouldn't suprise me much tbh.
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ...
... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ...

Zetara
12.24.2011 , 04:34 AM | #7
Badly needs a search by slot function. I want to look for head gear of belt gear and don't want to scroll through 500 legs etc.

Darzil
12.24.2011 , 04:44 AM | #8
Would be nice to have Modable item as a category too. Maybe it counts as Prototype like it seems to in the crafting interface.

Zetara
12.24.2011 , 04:52 AM | #9
Also, when I have navigated through 500 leg/hand/belt/chest slots to find 1 helmet because I can't search by slot, stop having my window disappear because my crew member comes back from a mission, meaning I have to go back in, set all the limited filters we have and scroll through all the bloody items all over again!!!!

Erklimir
12.24.2011 , 04:59 AM | #10
/signed

Bioware please go look at WoW's AH and try to make it as easy to use as it is. Shift-click an item to search for it is a MUST.