Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Black Health Bar

thamightyboro
12.03.2014 , 01:02 PM | #1
All was fine till 3.0

My health bar on my main then started flashing between black and red and various people in ops groups would do the same, all other characters were fine. I tried 4 different graphics drivers to rule these out.

Even with text enabled it wasn't best suited to ops etc so I decided to try a total uninstall and deletion of all folders including those tucked away in appdata.

After re-instalation the health bar on my main is completly black with red text but all other characters are fine.

Anyone any idea's its making the game impossible to play at a higher level than just mats grinding as its not easy to see whats going on with my health. I havent tried an ops since the reinstall to see if other members of the group are suffering the same and all I see is black for them.
"If someone had came up to me in the 80s and said we will
be playing games with 1000s of people at the same time.
My response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

thamightyboro
12.04.2014 , 01:47 AM | #2
update:

I completely factoried my laptop and reinstalled the game from scratch over night.

issue still remains only my main is having this issue making it unplayable other characters are OK, I am positive this is something being generated from a server level health bar is black health bar text is red (inverted) I am going to grab a second laptop today and install from scratch to check this theory.

DupontTX
12.04.2014 , 01:49 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by thamightyboro View Post
update:

I completely factoried my laptop and reinstalled the game from scratch over night.

issue still remains only my main is having this issue making it unplayable other characters are OK, I am positive this is something being generated from a server level health bar is black health bar text is red (inverted) I am going to grab a second laptop today and install from scratch to check this theory.
i have the black health bar too... wont go away.. really sucks as a healer

OwenBrooks
12.04.2014 , 01:51 AM | #4
Try removing armour etc , historically some bugs have originated from certain armour pieces . given you have uninstalled etc it may be something like that, but maybe not only one way to check I'm afraid is trial and error

thamightyboro
12.04.2014 , 05:43 AM | #5
Cheers Owen,

i unequipped everything and it was still black but when I re-equppied everything it went away health bar back to red and appears to be solid.

OwenBrooks
12.04.2014 , 05:47 AM | #6
Weird huh

thamightyboro
12.04.2014 , 05:56 AM | #7
BAH jumped the gun hasnt fixed it completely no longer is it completely black its doing the flashy thing again a lot better than it was though.

tried a totally different gear set as well and still the same. going to try installing on another laptop and see if ths character has any issues on that one.

OwenBrooks
12.04.2014 , 05:58 AM | #8
tried changing to a UI used by another character ? and use it on that character instead of its default selection ?

thamightyboro
12.04.2014 , 08:35 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
tried changing to a UI used by another character ? and use it on that character instead of its default selection ?
Aye tried everything UI based, tried respeccing, gear removal, standing up and spinning round with my laptop whilst singing the life day song pretty much everything.

Nearly installed on other laptop so I can take a look there.

thamightyboro
12.04.2014 , 10:20 AM | #10
lol, perfectly fine on another machine.

NOOOOOO!

has me puzzled beyond belief.