• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

REPUBLIC CLASSES

Companions W/ Comments: Eight

Rishi Intro ONLY: Three

No Comments Available: Nine

- - - -

HK-51 and Treek both comment on stuff, throughout our travels on Rishi and Yavin 4.

JEDI KNIGHT

Kira Carsen: Comments Available ( Both on Rishi and Yavin 4 )

Doc: Comments Available ( Both on Rishi and Yavin 4 )

T7-01: Rishi Intro ONLY

Sergeant Rusk: NO COMMENTS

Lord Scourge: NO COMMENTS

JEDI CONSULAR

Felix Iresso: Comments Available ( Both on Rishi and Yavin 4 )

Nadia Grell: Comments Available ( Both on Rishi and Yavin 4 )

Zenith: Rishi Intro ONLY

Qyzen Fess: NO COMMENTS

Tharan Cedrax: NO COMMENTS

TROOPER

Aric Jorgan: Comments Available ( Both on Rishi and Yavin 4 )

Elara Dorne: Comments Available ( Both on Rishi and Yavin 4 )

Yuun: Rishi Intro ONLY

M1-4X: NO COMMENTS

Tanno Vik: NO COMMENTS

SMUGGLER

Corso Riggs: Comments Available ( Both on Rishi and Yavin 4 )

Risha: Comments Available ( Both on Rishi and Yavin 4 )

Bowdaar: NO COMMENTS

Akaavi Spar: NO COMMENTS

Guss Tuno: NO COMMENTS

IMPERIAL CLASSES

Companions W/ Comments: Eight

Rishi Intro ONLY: Two

No Comments Available: Ten

HK-51 and Treek both comment on stuff, throughout our travels on Rishi and Yavin 4.

SITH WARRIOR

Vette: Comments Available ( Both on Rishi and Yavin 4 )

Malavai Quinn: Comments Available ( Both on Rishi and Yavin 4 )

Broonmark: Rishi Intro ONLY

Jaesa Willsaam: NO COMMENTS

Lieutenant Pierce: NO COMMENTS

SITH INQUISITOR

Andronikos Revel: Comments Available ( Both on Rishi and Yavin 4 )

Ashara Zavros: Comments Available ( Both on Rishi and Yavin 4 )

Khem Val: NO COMMENTS

Talos Drellik: NO COMMENTS

Xalek: NO COMMENTS

BOUNTY HUNTER

Mako: Comments Available ( Both on Rishi and Yavin 4 )

Torian Cadera: Comments Available ( Both on Rishi and Yavin 4 )

Blizz: Rishi Intro ONLY

Gault Rennow: NO COMMENTS

Skadge: NO COMMENTS

IMPERIAL AGENT

Kaliyo Djannis: Comments Available ( Both on Rishi and Yavin 4 )

Vector Hylus: Comments Available ( Both on Rishi and Yavin 4 )

Doctor Eckard Lokin: NO COMMENTS

Ensign Raina Temple: NO COMMENTS

SCORPIO: NO COMMENTS

- - - -

I may do a separate thread on the issue later but there's that. Blizz goes absolutely silent on both Rishi and Yavin 4. Gault and Skadge is like they're not even there.

Even though Daran Norris voiced Darok. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the list, Darth_Wicked! :)

Looks like only the optional all-class companions and the romance options (what was probably considered the more popular choice, for classes that get more than one per gender) have a full set of commentary. Sad that some of my favorite companions will have little or nothing to say, apparently because they are not popular enough. *hugs Akaavi, Scourge, and Zenith if they like it or not* xD

Edited by Gwena

Very disappointed Jaesa Willsaam didn't say a thing, pretty much didn't exist in any of the dialogues.

Feels a little like SWTOR is the original game and the its ToR lite after that. Can still be enjoyable but its not the game the development team envisioned with all the features that made it so unique.

Very disappointed Jaesa Willsaam didn't say a thing, pretty much didn't exist in any of the dialogues.

Feels a little like SWTOR is the original game and the its ToR lite after that. Can still be enjoyable but its not the game the development team envisioned with all the features that made it so unique.

Not only that but it's also a noticeable step back, even compared to Makeb.

For that planet, not only you had every single Vanilla companion and HK-51 commenting on stuff, but you also had C2-N2 and 2V-R8, the protocol droids.

Seriously... :rolleyes:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I mean if we look at it realistically they drove themselves into the corner with bringing 8 classes and all of them having 5 companions. There was no way they would have continued the class stories, seeing as most production of the game went into the dialouge cutscenes.

So, that stupid furry bug thing gets (limited) lines but the warriors actual apprentice doesn't get squat?

And honestly. Lord Scourge in general is just a walking problem for the plot. All but the most forgiving and light sided of Knight characters probably isn't going to let him anywhere near them once the threat of the Emperor has been taken care of. But Bioware insisted on not giving an option to get rid of party members because they didn't want to deal with people complaining about how they screwed themselves over by killing their healer in a cutscene or something. There are several other party members across the classes that also wouldn't have any business being on the ship depending on your character's personality such as Malavai.

One of the expansion's few flaws is that it feels much lonelier than the main game. Heck, sometimes it feels like they just aren't there. Its saddening. However, with the addition of a Class Story mission, I'm hopeful that well see more Class stories in the future.

I'm really hoping the Bounty Hunter gets a story arc where we find a holorecord of Mandalore the Infomnitable(Or whoever Cancerous Ordo became) and use that to stage a coup against the current Mandalore using the powerbase the Hunter has gathered(Black Sun, underworld contacts, etc) and taking up the mantle from him.

-Duran'del

Edited by TheSupaCoopa

Thanks Wicked! I've been running with Jaesa on my first play thorough as my mara and noticed her muteness, so I found this thread looking for info. Ill definitely run with Vette on my jugg since I romanced her and will be nice to see her comments.

I really wasn't expecting a whole lot, but its good to see each class has their "main" LIs per gender (subjective of course) comment on stuff.

Edited by wiredgutter

Well, the good part of the 12xXP experience is that I have a wagonload of companions with the leftover dialogues to go through. I now set the firm rule - never more than one dialogue at the time, and ONLY when I move between planets. Discipline, discipline and rationing.

Seriously though, all the companions with alien-speak should have commented at least. It's just lazy.

Edited by DomiSotto

Thanks Darth wicked for all the info. Sigh and thus almost all my favourite NPCs who I quest with are Mostly MUTE. Here I thought my Jaesa and Temple were quiet and not saying anything was a Bug, guess not.......

Indeed. I have a hard time believing that this is because a lack of funds. I think Bioware is getting sloppy and lazy, but part of me just doesn't want to believe it. :o

Edited by Essence_of_Light

I wonder why this happened. I could understand Tanno Vik being mute, as his VA died, but for others, what happened? Not enough money? I do not believe scheduling conflicts, the expansion was in development for some time now, so surely getting them into a voice booth somewhere would not be a problem

No commenting from Scourge on what is supposedly the Revan finale storyline? That seems kinda ... stupid considering the novel.

Indeed, I was so looking forward to this. I thought for sure there would be many wonderful things forthcoming from Scourge. :(

I wonder why this happened. I could understand Tanno Vik being mute, as his VA died, but for others, what happened? Not enough money? I do not believe scheduling conflicts, the expansion was in development for some time now, so surely getting them into a voice booth somewhere would not be a problem

I though otherwise as well earlier but was in error.

Tanno Vik is actually voiced by another VA in Makeb; I had the chance to check and recheck recently and it's not David Anthony Pizzuto voicing the character.

Also, taking into account the list I posted here, it's obvious this wasn't something random or anything, but methodical; They ONLY wanted two Vanilla companions from each class, plus Treek and HK-51, having contextual comments.

Heavy focus was given to those who are -- presumably -- the most popular, which is why companions such as Akaavi, Jaesa or Temple, all romanceable, said nothing at all.

In other words, we go from VA being a "known quantity" and hardly the "most expensive thing ever", to be pared down QUITE SIGNIFICANTLY since RoTHC.

HUZAAHHH...!!! HUZAAHHH...!!! :rolleyes:

Talos does speak during the class quest, it's a fact. Good to know these things though...I spent the night running with Scourge and wondered why he hasn't said a peep yet. :(

Already addressed that here.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Well, the good part of the 12xXP experience is that I have a wagonload of companions with the leftover dialogues to go through. I now set the firm rule - never more than one dialogue at the time, and ONLY when I move between planets. Discipline, discipline and rationing.

Seriously though, all the companions with alien-speak should have commented at least. It's just lazy.

I agree that this was lazy.

I mean seriously, you guys couldn´t have given Qyzen or Blizz or Yuun (who even talked in the opening scene!!!) some lines for entering different areas?

Wow...