Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Battlegrounds Semi-Finals: IDD vs Fist of the Empire vs Phantom Hegemony

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Battlegrounds Semi-Finals: IDD vs Fist of the Empire vs Phantom Hegemony

Silenceo
11.30.2014 , 03:41 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Impressive. Fortunately, it's mostly against Beni so I don't have to really worry about countering it.

My opening argument is to come. It won't be as long or spectacular, but it will do what opening arguments are supposed to do.
I hope you realize that even if all I got from dealing with Beni was his fight compliment and very few losses, I still would gained enough to defeat you. However, if it is successful and I manage to take over some capital ships... I felt no need to expand details concerning that point, since at that point in time it was a lost cause.

Essentially if my plan succeeds, it will be impossible for the Fist to win against those odds.

Side Note: Why is it the other 2 factions get the full name in the Thread name, yet mine is the abbreviation? Character limit? A prediction of the future?! Jokes aside, I am merely curious.
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

Aurbere
11.30.2014 , 03:51 PM | #22
OK, my opening argument is ready.

Vs. IDD analysis:

Spoiler

Vs. Hegemony Analysis:

Spoiler

Tacticians:

Spoiler

And that's my opening argument for now. It's not as long as Sil's and I didn't approach it from the perspective of a 3-way brawl, but I wrote this in 20 minutes, so sue me.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Selenial
11.30.2014 , 03:51 PM | #23
Oh ****, I forgot to put this in my front page post, will sub it in, but for all who don't check for edits:

Neither fleet may retreat until the space battle has been decided, namely that they have few remaining vessels. This rule is in place to stop the 1v1v1 nature of this Kaggath becoming an argument of "Let these two fight it out, then I'll come in with an easy win." Therefore, no retreat arguments will count for points unless the argument is being used in a "In a last ditch attempt to survive" kind of way.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Celťna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Aurbere
11.30.2014 , 03:52 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Oh ****, I forgot to put this in my front page post, will sub it in, but for all who don't check for edits:

Neither fleet may retreat until the space battle has been decided, namely that they have few remaining vessels. This rule is in place to stop the 1v1v1 nature of this Kaggath becoming an argument of "Let these two fight it out, then I'll come in with an easy win." Therefore, no retreat arguments will count for points unless the argument is being used in a "In a last ditch attempt to survive" kind of way.
Sounds fair.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
11.30.2014 , 03:55 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
I'm impressed...

WTB Beni Anti-IG-88 Scenario ASAP.
Come on, Beni! Silenceo's going to abuse that strategy if you don't do something!

Save us!

Silenceo
11.30.2014 , 03:56 PM | #26
Just wanted to point out before I get into the other points Aurbere, that Shadow Droids are essentially human minds severely augmented with advanced cybernetics as well as the dark side, which will help to curb what you describe as limiting their effectiveness. As for the rest, re-reading a few times first.

Side Note: Trying to fight essentially the 'Jesus' of Droids with droids, not going to go well...
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

Aurbere
11.30.2014 , 03:58 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Silenceo View Post
Just wanted to point out before I get into the other points Aurbere, that Shadow Droids are essentially human minds severely augmented with advanced cybernetics as well as the dark side, which will help to curb what you describe as limiting their effectiveness. As for the rest, re-reading a few times first.
It's still a bunch of information they have to deal with, coming in from multiple sources at a time. It's one of the reasons the Central Control Computer used by the Trade Federation is so limited, because it has to deal with information coming in from countless units, and you can bet the CCC has more processing power than a cyborg.

Silenceo
11.30.2014 , 03:59 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
It's still a bunch of information they have to deal with, coming in from multiple sources at a time. It's one of the reasons the Central Control Computer used by the Trade Federation is so limited, because it has to deal with information coming in from countless units, and you can bet the CCC has more processing power than a cyborg.
Except each shadow droid is only controlling 4 other droids. The CCC had to manage THOUSANDS. It is well within their capabilities, not to mention the TIE/D were designed specifically for control from other sources.

Side Note: It is also good to note that point defense cannons are SIGNIFICANTLY less powerful than laser cannons. So actually the Tartans are not as out classed as you may think, but then Trench is a very defensive minded tactician and will likely keep them in defensive positions, using the Vengeance for most of the heavy hitting. I should also mention it has 10 twin long range ion cannon batteries.

After Thought: Also, don't get me started on the Lucrehulks terrible firing arcs.

Aurbere
11.30.2014 , 04:05 PM | #29
Except each shadow droid is only controlling 4 other droids. The CCC had to manage THOUSANDS. It is well within their capabilities, not to mention the TIE/D were designed specifically for control from other sources.
I don't think you are getting it.

The amount of information that these droids will have to process is insane. They are severely outnumbered, being attacked from multiple sources of fighters, being attacked by a ton of ship-based anti-fighter weaponry, getting hit with EMPs, and a whole lot more.

What the droids have to do is process all of this information, sort through countless of responses, predict the outcome of each of those responses, and then make that response. And then the cycle starts again, and again, and again.

And when I say countless, we're talking hundreds, even thousands of responses. And then even more options for each of those responses.

That is what they are dealing with. Savvy?

Edit: Actually, there might actually be millions of responses to sort through.

Aurbere
11.30.2014 , 04:06 PM | #30

Side Note: It is also good to note that point defense cannons are SIGNIFICANTLY less powerful than laser cannons. So actually the Tartans are not as out classed as you may think, but then Trench is a very defensive minded tactician and will likely keep them in defensive positions, using the Vengeance for most of the heavy hitting. I should also mention it has 10 twin long range ion cannon batteries.

After Thought: Also, don't get me started on the Lucrehulks terrible firing arcs.
It has over 500 laser cannons, all of the Tartans together have 480.

Math FTW!