Dread Fortress Area ( Cut Perhaps? )

Hey everyone. ;)

I was just wondering if anyone can recognize where this area is, assuming it is inside the Dread Fortress. I have been there many times and even though I haven't run the operation in almost two months, I can't remember ever seeing this area.

I assume it was most likely cut or something but I'm curious nonetheless. Screenshot here.

Thanks for your time. :D

It's digital concept art. That exact area doesn't exist -- not with those statues facing inwards and the ISO droid at the end on the ground, or with that level of lighting and the smoke on the right either. Edited by Levram

It's digital concept art. That exact area doesn't exist -- not with those statues facing inwards and the ISO droid at the end on the ground, or with that level of lighting and the smoke on the right either.

That's in-game, not digital concept art.

Whether it's accessible or cut content is what is relevant.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

How do you know it's in game?

It's the bridge, right as you enter. If you were to zoom out without the stupid phase wall, you'd see that... I think.

Either way the Isotope-5 droid is out of place, I'm 90% sure it's concept art as that level of graphics do not exist in this game.

How do you know it's in game?

How do you know it's not exactly?

It's the bridge, right as you enter. If you were to zoom out without the stupid phase wall, you'd see that... I think.

Looks nothing like that I believe. The entry archway for DF I mean.

Either way the Isotope-5 droid is out of place, I'm 90% sure it's concept art as that level of graphics do not exist in this game.

Original image is here.

I see nothing out of the ordinary quite frankly, engine wise.

Never mind regardless.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I dare say its in Oricon somewhere not in a OPS, and that isnt an Isotop 5 droid, its one of those Republic walkers in Oricon wich is full of those.

They are not NPCs, or enemy NPCs, are just decoration. You even have to climb one to get a piece of lore.

I dare say , and i might be wrong, but that is the path you take from the heroic mission to the dread fortress area or ( orperations area).

At least is very similar.

Edited by Spartanik

I dare say its in Oricon somewhere not in a OPS, and that isnt an Isotop 5 droid, its one of those Republic walkers in Oricon wich is full of those.

They are not NPCs, or enemy NPCs, are just decoration. You even have to climb one to get a piece of lore.

I dare say , and i might be wrong, but that is the path you take from the heroic mission to the dread fortress area or ( orperations area).

At least is very similar.

You're wrong. There's no place in the heroic area that looks like that. And if it's not there, there's no place on Oricon but the Ops.

The only place that is remotely similar IMO is the entrance of the Dread Fortress (where you spawn on the inside). The differences being that the final version doesn't have the statues, instead having pillars for tanking the bug thingies, no droids/walkers of that description and I'm pretty sure the archway doesn't have that... thing hanging down. Otherwise, it's basically the same in there.

I distinctly remember seeing a guildmate fall off the broken bridge.

• 1 month later...

You're correct, this area does exist within Dread Fortress - it's the room at the end where you fight Brontes (but it's configured a little differently on live).

Here is a screenshot of me looking out onto the very same bridge in the photo you mentioned in your opening post. The original would have been taken from the far end of this bridge, but players can't get there on live as there's a gate stopping them.

Here is a screenshot of me pushed right up against the gate, and you can see a droid! It's a little further over than it is in the original though, I'm guessing they just repositioned it for live...

Here is a screenshot of the other side of the archway which can be seen in the original. In the original you can't see where the spire of the archway ends, giving it the illusion of being taller than it actually is.

Here is a screenshot of the raised walkway and chains which can be seen in the original.

Here is a screenshot of the red flag which can (just about) be seen hanging down at the far end of the raised walkway in the original.

And finally... here and here you can see the 2 flags which stand on top of walls, which you can only see the edges of in the original (towards the top left and right hand corners of the original image).

I would assume that the original screenshot was taken either prior to the room receiving it's final configuration for the installation of the Brontes fight or just as a promotional image.

My work here is done :D

Edited by Yaanos

In Short it is an image that could have been taken in game, but from a position that no one can reach on the live server.

As is, it is now simply an artistic scene to be used to help provide one with the concept behind the dread fortress.

Therefore you will never see this exact sight as you travel Oricon.