Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Powertech endgame tanking

BBriggs
12.24.2011 , 01:41 AM | #1
Will Powertechs be good enough tanks to tank operations? I know we shouldn't make comparisons to WoW, but in this way we can. My guild always would take a warrior or paladin tank over a bear tank. Is that how its going to be with Powertechs and Sith Juggarnauts? Juggs being the warriors/paladins and Powertechs being bears.

Elicas
12.24.2011 , 02:07 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by BBriggs View Post
Will Powertechs be good enough tanks to tank operations? I know we shouldn't make comparisons to WoW, but in this way we can. My guild always would take a warrior or paladin tank over a bear tank. Is that how its going to be with Powertechs and Sith Juggarnauts? Juggs being the warriors/paladins and Powertechs being bears.
BH is more akin to a Paladin, Juggernauts are Warriors and Assassins are Bears.

That is of course, a very, very, loose generalisation.

Edit: To answer the question simply. Yes, we can tank anything at end game if your gear is the correct level, and you are good enough for the content.
Elicas from Force Junkies and TankTelara! - Frostclaw EU PvE Elicas/Elikas/Rhovan
The Operative Guide
The Powertech Compendium
My Basic Tanking Guide

BBriggs
12.24.2011 , 02:17 AM | #3
Okay cool. I want to tank in this game but didn't know the right class, and PT sounds fun.

deadempty
12.24.2011 , 09:57 AM | #4
A lot of people seem to like BH over Juggs and Assassins purely b/c they don't take as much spike damage due to higher chance to shield. So that means healing them is a little more predictable. Besides that, they have really good mitigation, strong AoE and decent CDs. However every class is endgame tank viable so pick one you like. I mainly picked BH b/c I liked their skillset more as a tank.

Zansobar
12.24.2011 , 11:25 AM | #5
It looks like BH PT Shield Spec has more armor talents too.

Kollbjorn
12.24.2011 , 11:39 AM | #6
So far I have seen enough conflicting opinions about which tanks are "better" that they are probably fairly well balanced. I certainly wouldn't worry about not being picked to tank something because you are a Powertech.

Elicas
12.25.2011 , 08:42 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kollbjorn View Post
So far I have seen enough conflicting opinions about which tanks are "better" that they are probably fairly well balanced. I certainly wouldn't worry about not being picked to tank something because you are a Powertech.
As a general rule of thumb, BH's are best at trash pulls and bosses with adds, Juggernauts are best for Single target bosses and Assassins sit somewhere in the middle as jack of all trades.
Elicas from Force Junkies and TankTelara! - Frostclaw EU PvE Elicas/Elikas/Rhovan
The Operative Guide
The Powertech Compendium
My Basic Tanking Guide

Grahfh
12.25.2011 , 03:49 PM | #8
I've main tanked EV norm8man as shield tech over jugg in blues and greens

Sinemetu
12.25.2011 , 06:54 PM | #9
As an operative, I definitely prefer healing BH's for trash pulls and such. Healing juggernauts I often find myself healing AND tanking. Whee.
Legion: Geth do not infiltrate.
C-Sec Customs: You should leave your personal synthetic assistant at home. They're not allowed on shuttles anymore.
Legion: Geth do not intentionally infiltrate.